King Solomon - Paper from Bank of International Settlement

Posted (edited)

Seems this new paper from BIS lays it out:  Crypto is integrating with mainstream banking, and nothing is going to stop it now.  Interoperability is now inevitable

There are also rumours/reports on Twitter that SWIFT have tested and are integrating with Ripple.  This article does not go that far, but it seems behind the scenes SWIFT is acknowledging they have to integrate with crypto, and solutions like Ripplenet 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/swift-capgemini-team-up-to-test-using-the-international-network-for-cbdc-transfers

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

Seems this new paper from BIS lays it out:  Crypto is integrating with mainstream banking, and nothing is going to stop it now.  Interoperability is now inevitable

There are also rumours/reports on Twitter that SWIFT have tested and are integrating with Ripple.

I wonder how credible those rumours are? I hope that's true, what do you think?

47 minutes ago, Rutski said:

Oh man this damn twitter hype boyz at its best again

"CAPGEMINI SEES RIPPLE AND XRP AS THE SOLUTION"

Here`s the link to Capgemini`s World of Payments Report 2021 - no word on Ripple or XRP as far as i could see

https://www.capgemini.com/news/press-releases/capgeminis-world-payments-report-2021/

The screenshot from the tweet above re ripple/XRP seems to been taken from an business insider article which discusses cryptos as payment solution generally in the light of capgeminis 2021 payments report. Businessinsider quoted Credit Suisse, not Capgemini! 

King Solomon is great, tho -- I love his content but didn`t watch this video yet. Did he find any ties from Capgemini to ripple?

https://www.businessinsider.in/cryptocurrency/news/nearly-half-the-world-will-be-using-cryptocurrencies-to-send-money-in-the-next-two-years-a-revolution-led-by-remittances/articleshow/86867756.cms

image.png.0a3d116731814fdcfc69d22d14a52b4f.png

image.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xrpdude said:

I wonder how credible those rumours are? I hope that's true, what do you think?

These rumours have been emerging over several months.    Basically it is a similar story to the one King Solomon is telling: Legacy banking is adopting and integrating with crypto fintec solutions, and interoperability is central to that integration.  SWIFT have to integrate with CBDCs and independent crypto payment solutions. (Ripple have also been telling us for years their company strategy has been built around this paradigm)

Ripple Stellar, Corda/R3 have been at the forefront of building APIs that help this integration process.  So it is inevitable that SWIFT and Ripplenet and Corda all have to be interoperable.  SWIFT cannot simply opt out of the new financial world order.  

To me it is really strange that these sorts of stories are not being priced into XRP price.  But that lack of price response does make buying XRP at 40 cents a much less risky long hold investment.  Los of Ta is pointing to XRP going back down to .26 cents. (If you have spare cash look at that price offer of 4 XRP per dollar!)

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VanHasen said:

Oh man this damn twitter hype boyz at its best again

"CAPGEMINI SEES RIPPLE AND XRP AS THE SOLUTION"

Here`s the link to Capgemini`s World of Payments Report 2021 - no word on Ripple or XRP as far as i could see

https://www.capgemini.com/news/press-releases/capgeminis-world-payments-report-2021/

The screenshot from the tweet above re ripple/XRP seems to been taken from an business insider article which discusses cryptos as payment solution generally in the light of capgeminis 2021 payments report. Businessinsider quoted Credit Suisse, not Capgemini! 

King Solomon is great, tho -- I love his content but didn`t watch this video yet. Did he find any ties from Capgemini to ripple?

https://www.businessinsider.in/cryptocurrency/news/nearly-half-the-world-will-be-using-cryptocurrencies-to-send-money-in-the-next-two-years-a-revolution-led-by-remittances/articleshow/86867756.cms

image.png.0a3d116731814fdcfc69d22d14a52b4f.png

image.png

Starts at the right time, it might help clarify a few things:-

And for what it's worth:-

Starts at right time.

Edited by HAL1000

Well, so far it seems that these are just rumours, even if there may be some actual substance to them in general, specifically when it comes to banks using XRP it all gets somewhat more vague. To be honest, I could care less for rumours, heard more than my fair share over the years and we all know how they all worked out and how they worked wonders for the price of XRP. And let's not kid ourselves, profit is the one and only reason why we are all invested.

I have a hard time seeing how this time is different, especially seeing how despite so many "insider leaks", "dots connecting" and "proofs" XRP is still languishing with the rest of the crypto market. If it really is so special, chosen and whatnot, and there are more people and supposedly institutions interested in it than ever, how come this does not seem to reflect in price action? Everybody is in on it, but very few if any seem to be buying, at least not in significant enough volumes.  That to me is quite telling - why is nobody buying the rumours anymore?

The speculation part of the price action should be through the roof, yet somehow it isn't. Until it is I'll stick to my premise of my favourite topic of value derived from utility - XRP does not need to be especially valuable to be widely usable. Oh how I hope to be proved wrong one day.

One thing that's been made painfully clear over the past several years is that good news does not affect xrp price. These rumors are nice, but I'm not interested in them like I used to be. Probably because I plan to be mostly out before these use-cases start affecting price. At this point my plan is to wait for the next bull run. I'm hoping with a positive court case outcome, XRP should do better in the next run, and I'll exit (90%) between 2-4$ range.  I don't expect to see a big jump from wining the court case itself (nothing major anyway)

12 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

One thing that's been made painfully clear over the past several years is that good news does not affect xrp price. These rumors are nice, but I'm not interested in them like I used to be. Probably because I plan to be mostly out before these use-cases start affecting price. At this point my plan is to wait for the next bull run. I'm hoping with a positive court case outcome, XRP should do better in the next run, and I'll exit (90%) between 2-4$ range.  I don't expect to see a big jump from wining the court case itself (nothing major anyway)

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been invested in XRP?

On 5/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, RandyMarsh said:

One thing that's been made painfully clear over the past several years is that good news does not affect xrp price. These rumors are nice, but I'm not interested in them like I used to be. Probably because I plan to be mostly out before these use-cases start affecting price. At this point my plan is to wait for the next bull run.

"......But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here
But I'm still right here
Giving blood, keeping faith
And I'm still right here

Wait it out

Gonna wait it out
Be patient

If there were no rewards to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here