And the SEC lose

HAL1000

Is it kind of weird that there is all of a sudden this focus on the Hinman speech about BTC and ETH (not even about XRP)? Like others have said, ultimately Ripple needs to get a ruling on XRP.

Weirdly, I have almost lost sight of Ripple being the defendant here, and it almost seems like all the work Deaton, DAI and others have done to uncover corruption may actually be coming to light. 

Ripple just got access to notes from the meetings literally with Consensys and the DA Working Group that are on the timeline. 

I can't pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes. It just seems like the judge has agreed to look into some of this stuff. 

What bothers me is that the SEC knows full well that if XRP is deemed a security, they would finish us. They would effectively destroy the secondary markets. 

They do not care. The SEC is using us as collateral damage to force Ripple to settle on their terms. We are the people they are sworn to protect. They are doing the opposite. For what? To stop a tech company who will be fine regardless? 

So that Hinman's, Clayton's cronies and family can benefit financially? FFS where is the justice. I never bought XRP from Ripple. 

They should release us from this bullsh!t. I get it, though. The moment the SEC declares XRP is not a security in the secondary markets, they effectively give Ripple’s legal team an advantage. But they should do what is right and leave us out of it. 

The SEC is garbage. And that is putting it lightly. They are stalling at all costs. I will vote against every asshat that is against this investment. For the first time in my life, I will vote against my own party. 

Edited by Cambridge

32 minutes ago, Cambridge said:

What bothers me is that the SEC knows full well that if XRP is deemed a security, they would finish us. They would effectively destroy the secondary markets. 

They do not care. The SEC is using us as collateral damage to force Ripple to settle on their terms. We are the people they are sworn to protect. They are doing the opposite. For what? To stop a tech company who will be fine regardless? 

So that Hinman's, Clayton's cronies and family can benefit financially? FFS where is the justice. I never bought XRP from Ripple. 

They should release us from this bullsh!t. I get it, though. The moment the SEC declares XRP is not a security in the secondary markets, they effectively give Ripple’s legal team an advantage. But they should do what is right and leave us out of it. 

The SEC is garbage. And that is putting it lightly. They are stalling at all costs. I will vote against every asshat that is against this investment. For the first time in my life, I will vote against my own party. 

Power is all they care about, so voting them out is our biggest weapon. 

If the SEC win then it would set a legal precedent and hand an insane amount of power to the SEC. They could, in law, claim domain over almost anything and everything traded in the USA or with US citizens or companies etc. ORANGES are not securities, but the lawsuit against Ripple, alleges XRP itself is a security.

If they win, then all the SEC would have to do in the future, is site this legal precedent and say, you didn't register whatever it is with us first - so pay up or we will sue you, with this legal precedent giving them the power to strike fear into almost any trader of any size.

GG and his SEC must be stopped, he and his SEC should not have this power. Some of the people who work there are corrupt and will work for the highest bidders. JC and Hinman made off like bandits at the expense of investors, I highly doubt they are the only ones. I bet Jamie Dimon / JL shorted XRP and longed ETH and BTC (or their friends did on their behalf), the moment Hinman and JC gave them the heads-up about the speech.

Edited by HAL1000

12 hours ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

Rest assured, even if Gensler isn't that stressed over throwing Hinman under the bus, this order will be keeping certain enemies awake at night. Hinman and the Eth Foundation/Alliance/whatever the feck name they use to break rules, Lubin and some of his cronies, the Andreesen peeps involved. Feck them all. I know we need resolution with the SEC as opposed to any of those scumbags, but that will come if we are patient. 

In the meantime, no qualms at all about throwing a world of hurt (or legal fees) at the feet of all these other dirtbags. Feck em. It looks like legal battles are starting to pile up for Consensys too, so the VISA news was clearly a PR move to counter all of that. 

VISA, (Very Important Spy Agency) said to Consensys, "We're coming in", Consensys repy "Uh Ohhh, we're fecked'

Edited by robertbruce