XRP Sologenic air drop

4 minutes ago, rbottomly said:

Will uphold recognize Sologenic air drop? It is where I buy and currently hold my XRP.

I don't recall seeing any communication from them. My recommendation would be to move your XRP to a hosted wallet, like Xumm.

4 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I don't recall seeing any communication from them. My recommendation would be to move your XRP to a hosted wallet, like Xumm. 

I dont understand why anyone would need to move their XRP from anywhere? its a snapshot, your XRP should be visible on the ledger no matter where you store it, am I wrong here?

2 minutes ago, XRPNewb said:

I dont understand why anyone would need to move their XRP from anywhere? its a snapshot, your XRP should be visible on the ledger no matter where you store it, am I wrong here?

But whether Uphold participate in the distribution of the Solo coins is another question. Thee question.

1 minute ago, RussianStandards said:

But whether Uphold participate in the distribution of the Solo coins is another question. Thee question.

all that really need done is to set up a trust line though to get the airdrop as I understand it correct? you can set a trustline in Xumm without moving your entire stash to that wallet if I am right?

5 minutes ago, XRPNewb said:

all that really need done is to set up a trust line though to get the airdrop as I understand it correct? you can set a trustline in Xumm without moving your entire stash to that wallet if I am right?

This particular snapshot is based on how much XRP and/or SOLO is in the wallet that has a trustline set. So you need the funds in your wallet.

All XRP is on the ledger, but when your funds are on an exchange they're mixed together with everyone else's funds in an exchange wallet. The only way to participate in airdrops when your funds are in an exchange is if the exchange explicitly makes an agreement with whoever is doing the airdrop. Honestly, after all the headaches the Flare airdrop has created for exchanges, I don't see this being a common occurrence in the future.

Yes, well for some the "exposed" version is the norm. Having the crypto stored in an exchange is equivalent of "not your keys, not your crypto". Of course, you should do as you think suits you the best. 

But yes, for airdrops your own address and trustline set. (XUMM is the most user friendly, probably)

4 minutes ago, XRPNewb said:

Yeah sorry I may have used the wrong word, I say exposed because I self-custody my XRP so having it all sitting in my Xumm wallet feels exposed to me personally  is all.

Xumm does not store your XRP

XRP tokens are ONLY "stored" on the decentralized ledger

All it has is your XRP Ledger account's secret key encrypted on your device's local storage

11 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Xumm does not store your XRP

XRP tokens are ONLY "stored" on the decentralized ledger

All it has is your XRP Ledger account's secret key encrypted on your device's local storage

That silence you hear is me trying to process what you said,  see the Newb in my name?  I am confused buy your explanation but its not you JAS its me :)  you are just speaking a little over my head is all.

30 minutes ago, XRPNewb said:

Yeah sorry I may have used the wrong word, I say exposed because I self-custody my XRP so having it all sitting in my Xumm wallet feels exposed to me personally  is all.

Wait what do you use to self custody? If you use a Ledger you can set the trustline right from that. The original question was in reference to leaving your XRP on an exchange. You can set trustlines and receive airdrops from any type of self-custody wallet.

2 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Wait what do you use to self custody? If you use a Ledger you can set the trustline right from that. The original question was in reference to leaving your XRP on an exchange. You can set trustlines and receive airdrops from any type of self-custody wallet.

I use a nano S its also what I used to set up my trustline the the flare drop