winston

Bloomberg Radio - Brad Garlinghouse

brad was really under pressure there to squeeze it all in and still drop the zerp bomb just in time! 

experienced pro on the scene 

5 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

brad was really under pressure there to squeeze it all in and still drop the zerp bomb just in time! 

experienced pro on the scene 

To me it seems that you can indeed see that Garlinghouse has a lot of experience and he knows how to time interviews, how to time his tone and everything to make him sound charismatic. If you ask me, we have found a great leader.

8 minutes ago, winston said:

To me it seems that you can indeed see that Garlinghouse has a lot of experience and he knows how to time interviews, how to time his tone and everything to make him sound charismatic. If you ask me, we have found a great leader.

Agree, it's pretty hard to handle interviews in general with often some time pressure or people disrupting your talk / directing subject etc.
I think Brad did a good job. Well prepared, energized and sharp, with important things mentioned.

@winston thanks for the upload!

--

Well that was the most informative, short interview that Ripple has done... ever. It was introductory and useful to a broad audience within five (5) minutes.

--

Now the down side...

1. Too bad that the interview was conducted in a "train station" as it can not be easily reposted to the Ripple website.
  2. The audio quality was crappy.
  3. The term 'friction' between banks will not be understood by the intended audience without the added description of fees.
  4. Drilling down... while fees were later mentioned, it was not clarified as to which fees, paid by whom.
  5. I keep hearing of the 100 banks, 50 of them in Japan... but this is wearing bloody thin. What happened to Fidor, Santander, and the rest. Something is fishy about the "100 banks".

5 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

Now the down side...

1. Too bad that the interview was conducted in a "train station" as it can not be easily reposted to the Ripple website.
  2. The audio quality was crappy.
  3. The term 'friction' between banks will not be understood by the intended audience without the added description of fees.
  4. Drilling down... while fees were later mentioned, it was not clarified as to which fees, paid by whom.
  5. I keep hearing of the 100 banks, 50 of them in Japan... but this is wearing bloody thin. What happened to Fidor, Santander, and the rest. Something is fishy about the "100 banks".

come on man, he only had 5 mins and a lot of that was waiting for the interviewers to finish their jokes

remember, the bloomberg audience is pretty tech/biz savvy compared to say, idiots watching fox news or cnn

as ripple gets more and more air time, there'll be more chances to plug ripple, ilp, rcl and xrp! 

Hi Zerp,

The interview was good. The best they have done so far, however, it can not be used (much) because the quality of the audio. Had Ripple had the presence of mind to focus on quality communitions externally, then these outcomes would be useable. 

I am surprised that 'they' would consent to Bloomberg interview where they could not reuse the content. This points to a lack of planning. I would like to know about the 100 banks. For those of us, who have been here awhile, we have natural curious pity about the infamous 100.

:-)

I loved it! Audio was chrystal clear on my Samsung S7. Strong short and clear message, very well articulated. That message will stick with anyone that listened to it.

Cheers!