Something really weird going on

Brob42069

New member, ill try to keep it short. Not new to xrp by any means and yes i hold some. Been following lawsuit and what not and something has really been bothering me. Yes i believe most and can confidently say lawsuit is bs and believe ripple will win. However.

I believe they screwed up big time. JP morgan were slow and werent ahead of the game, they saw xrp and and were pissed they didnt have the technology. Fast forward to now I strongly believe the lawsuit was just to buy them time for them to implement their own proprietary system. (Bring in the whole Quoron, ConSensys/JPMorgan stablecoin/Onyxx in house blockchain bs.) And as a contingency throughout this whole process they personally held a huge amount of xrp....just in case they failed.

Look at the banking partnerships their system has its incredible. And no its not an exclusive in-house, walled garden shit coin. All the same use cases as XRP they've copied and made their own. Pretty disgusting. 

Anyways what im worried about is they recently have openly shilled XRP saying it could be mass adopted if (when) lawsuit is settled. They're just shilling to help pump and will immediately dump when we moon. (Why on earth would you ever promote a competitor if you didnt have a vested interest) They know long term ripple is now made redundant. I'd hate this obviously but is there something in the bigger picture that I'm missing???

And yes worst case ripple has international use, but to miss out on USA market would be devastating. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Brob42069
Spell

• Brob42069 changed the title to Something really weird going on

Yep, there is a bigger picture on Ripple (specifically) being held back...yes, held back. The process / system is to  financially large for a newbie to swoop in and take over....thats what Ripple would have done.

Would have been the greatest upset ever and "they" couldnt let that happen.

I don't agree.  If anything Ripple/XRP are poised to undermine ETH and BTC traditional markets more than the other way round.  The Defi will be more efficient on XRPL, NFT's  cheaper and faster and FLR directly compatible with the ETH engine (As Charles Hoskinson it eats ETH's breakfast).  XRP is also working with the games industry.

The SEC case does slow down XRP progress, but it is too little too late.  The Ripplenet/ODL infrastructure is getting bedded into SE Asia, Middle East/ Africa/ Latin America/ India and the EU, whilst tis is temporally halted in America and American satellites. ETH2 is not ready, and they do not have the sophisticated long term partnerships with teh banking industry that Ripple have.

I also think that after the Settlement is reached ETH and other coins will find that the terminology of the agreement makes XRP the only fully security compliant tech.  They will do this by applying Reve's test rules for which Ripple XRP will have been uniquely set up.  R3 and XLM are competitors, but the system will be integrated and all three will have very large slices of the cake.

This does not mean that XRP have not missed out on this bullrun.  I have no idea when the case will settle and how much it will impair XRP having a massive upward impulse.  For this bull run XRP is/was the joker.

Edited by Julian_Williams

You do know that when the smoke clears XRP will be the only digital asset with documented regulatory clarity in the States??? Not even Etthereum and BTC have that let the SEC tell you because Hinman's speech was his own opinion(even though on numerous times they have verbally and in written documents referred to it) XRP will have clarity from a federal court it will either be a security (which I doubt) or not but at the end of the day we will know what the hell it is and the rest well they will have the problems that Ripple had to deal with as the SEC sees a whole lot of money to be made here and Ripple was just the tip the iceberg!! This is why I see settlement before a trial.  If this goes to Trial and Ripple wins crypto as a whole win.  If this goes to settlement well this leaves the door open for the SEC go after others in this space.  JP Morgan is shilling because they want to be aligned on the right side of history when this all goes down and they have done their homework.  XRP will have its own self sustained bull run decoupling from BTC for real once this case is settled.   What JP Morgan did was let you know we have purchased a $hit load of XRP while this circus is going on.

I have pointed out before, that US banks are NOT going to embrace a dependency upon ANY digital asset to augment their services UNTIL they have assurance from US regulatory agencies they will not be exposing their operations too any legal jeopardy.

To think otherwise is pure folly.

Do you see any banking institutions in India doing this yet ?
No, of course not.

Other governments (eg. Japan, Middle East) which have already defined the regulatory frameworks for compliance, is where we see FIs in those venues proceeding forward - such as SBI for example.

So meanwhile, US banks are watching what's unfolding elsewhere, and likely tasking their R&D divisions to monitor, and pursue in-house learning and research, so they can hit the ground running when the open issues are finally resolved by US Lawmakers and related agencies. 

Demonstrations of success in other countries using RippleNet, ODL and XRP will be a HUGE advantage for when this new tech is finally gets the "green light." Additionally, Ripple Labs will have the resources, experience and expertise already in place, ready to roll, baby !

It will be Ripple's competition playing catch-up at that point. 

All we speculators need is patience, heh. 

I can't help but say it...I've been listening to quite a bit of this congressional hearing on crypto today.

Considering that Stellar is there answering many of the questions Ripple would, considering the ways many of the witnesses have followed a script developed by Ripple long ago about the Internet of Value, considering Ripple's position in this space domestically...it is quite astonishing that Ripple is not represented actually. 

I wonder if it was not offered to them or if they declined due to the case. 

The SEC and Gensler have really been taken to task several times throughout the hearing. 

There have been good speeches in the hearings today.  Stumbled on this one. 

I am not saying Republicans are better than Democrats.  Good and bad on both sides.  This should be taken out of party politics (which is another reason I don't like this Gasparino guy)

Feels like the Congress is turning? I would love it if they would turn on Gensler.

6 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

There have been good speeches in the hearings today.  Stumbled on this one. 

I am not saying Republicans are better than Democrats.  Good and bad on both sides.  This should be taken out of party politics (which is another reason I don't like this Gasparino guy)

Feels like the Congress is turning? I would love it if they would turn on Gensler.

One would think the Republicans would take less of a heavy handed approach with regulation, so in part it is not surprising. Though the cynic in me thinks that it's the obvious position for them to take in terms of winning votes. 

However, having seen much of today's hearing, I do think there were signs that Congress is coming around on crypto. I think the hearing skewed more towards where we would hope (but maybe would not have expected). And I think through many of the reps, Congress came across as more understanding of the tech and both the risks and opportunities it brings. 

- I would really love to know if Ripple was extended an invitation

- I would also love to know if I just happened to miss the part where absurd "gas fees" were discussed. I would be surprised if it was never brought up, having heard the rest of it. 

4 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

Also wish someone would have asked the Stellar rep how Stellar was funded and what makes it different from Ripple and XRP, considering XRP sales have done more to fund Stellar development than XRPL development. 

Stellar won't go anywhere without Ripple/XRP blasting a path in front of it.   I hold Stellar.  At under .30 cents it seems a snip

Edited by Julian_Williams