Is Gary Gensler really this Stupid? SEC names 82 new targets

Julian_Williams

This from a professor who taught blockchain tech at MIT.  Is it possible he really is so stupid as to think the current US dollar is the equivalent of being a digital asset?

I have long wondered if he is really stupid or really slimey and dishonest.  I am coming to the conclusion he is stupid, dishonest and slimey

They did not allow a single question, and Gensler did not turn up, he zoomed in from home.  

Edited by Julian_Williams

• Julian_Williams changed the title to Is Gary Gensler really this Stupid?

Are these crypto related?

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2021-247

SEC Updates List of Firms Using Inaccurate Information to Solicit Investors

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2021-247

Washington, D.C., Dec. 1, 2021 —

The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that it updated its list of unregistered entities that use misleading information to solicit primarily non-U.S. investors, adding 82 soliciting entities, eight (8) impersonators of genuine firms, and one (1) bogus regulator.

The SEC’s list of soliciting entities that have been the subject of investor complaints, known as the Public Alert: Unregistered Soliciting Entities (PAUSE) list, enables investors to better inform themselves and avoid being a victim of fraud. The latest additions are firms that SEC staff found were providing inaccurate information about their affiliation, location, or registration. Under U.S. securities laws, firms that solicit investors generally are required to register with the SEC and meet minimum financial standards and disclosure, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements. 

"This latest update to the PAUSE list reflects the Commission’s ongoing effort to protect retail investors," said Jose M. Rodriguez, Deputy Chief of the SEC’s Office of Market Intelligence. "The PAUSE list provides valuable information to aid investors in making informed investment decisions." 

In addition to alerting investors to firms falsely claiming to be registered, the PAUSE list flags those impersonating registered securities firms and bogus “regulators” who falsely claim to be government agencies or affiliates. Inclusion on the PAUSE list does not mean the SEC has found violations of U.S. federal securities laws or made a judgment about the merits of any securities being offered.

The PAUSE list is periodically updated by the SEC’s Office of Market Intelligence, in coordination with the Office of Investor Education and Advocacy and the Office of International Affairs.

here is the list: https://www.sec.gov/files/pause-list-2021-12.pdf

they seem to be small exchanges - one is called SuperBinance and they trade in crypto currencies.

number 77 is 77. Swift360pays 369 S 21st St. San Jose, CA 95116 Phone: 1-437-370-0368 Fax: None Email: support@swift360pays.com Website: https://swift360pays.com

Press Release

Edited by Julian_Williams

• Julian_Williams changed the title to Is Gary Gensler really this Stupid? SEC names 82 new targets
10 hours ago, RobertHarpool said:

I've never heard of nor seen ANY of the organizations/projects/whatever on that list. 

Not one. 

Not even the impersonators. 

I never imagined the SEC to be so useless. 

I think the word that I was struggling to find to describe Gensler is "Dim".  I think he is actually dim.  To say the US dollar and banking methods are already digitalised was unbelievably uninformed, and further say that digitalisation and blockchain will disappear because they bring nothing much to financial markets is equally uninformed and dim-witted.

I guess he is absolutely the creature doing the bidding of cleverer people, like Hilary Clinton who again have no concept of what crypto does.

He is also arrogant, and I hear he hardly ever goes into his office to work.  He thinks he can manage SEC from home and through zoom meetings.  He has not read Hester pierces report abut why SEC should set up a sand box (more arrogance).

For the record, simply because one has a given degree, or has garnered a post at a high profile university, does not necessarily mean they are actually knowledgeable about the content they teach. Nor does it mean they are of any particular intelligence. While many University professors are indeed highly knowledgeable and intelligent, a good number -- especially those with ties to the political or regulatory arena -- are little better than empty suits who have a bit of notoriety. Universities know how the game is played. 

2 hours ago, Montoya said:

For the record, simply because one has a given degree, or has garnered a post at a high profile university, does not necessarily mean they are actually knowledgeable about the content they teach. Nor does it mean they are of any particular intelligence. While many University professors are indeed highly knowledgeable and intelligent, a good number -- especially those with ties to the political or regulatory arena -- are little better than empty suits who have a bit of notoriety. Universities know how the game is played. 

Gary Gensler has no academic qualifications in this space at all. He has never written 1 article, never performed 1 study, never earned ANY relevant degree (to crypto). He got his position at MIT as part of the revolving door between government, big business, and academia. As former head of the CFTC, it was a prestige appointment only at MIT ... not an academic one. 

He's a bureaucrat. He has no clear understanding of what is, how it got that way, nor vision for what will be.

He feels he is contributing to the world by enforcing rules, but lacks the mental acuity to question the suitability and applicability of those rules. (i.e. he is 'dim' @Julian_Williams)

Think: simple patrolman elevated to Chief of Police. 

Worst yet, I suspect his hubris has made him incapable of the type of circumspection needed of U.S. government regulators at this time. 

18 minutes ago, RobertHarpool said:

Gary Gensler has no academic qualifications in this space at all. He has never written 1 article, never performed 1 study, never earned ANY relevant degree (to crypto). He got his position at MIT as part of the revolving door between government, big business, and academia. As former head of the CFTC, it was a prestige appointment only at MIT ... not an academic one. 

He's a bureaucrat. He has no clear understanding of what is, how it got that way, nor vision for what will be.

He feels he is contributing to the world by enforcing rules, but lacks the mental acuity to question the suitability and applicability of those rules. (i.e. he is 'dim' @Julian_Williams)

Think: simple patrolman elevated to Chief of Police. 

Worst yet, I suspect his hubris has made him incapable of the type of circumspection needed of U.S. government regulators at this time. 

This. This. And This. 

And this has infected many if not all of our western institutions. Certainly in government, media and the education/university system. 

If they do not update their software quickly (which I suspect they cannot) or retire from all of these positions of power, the revolting is simply going to become more widespread. 

Hint: the riots, Jan 6, and the craziness happening all over America are not isolated events which can be easily attributed to one cause (police violence, election uncertainty, vaxx/mask mandates etc.) The more overarching theme behind all of this is that we do NOT trust these institutions in general. 

I don't feel like it's hyperbolic to call these people dim, or stupid, or ignorant or anything along these lines because they are all true. They are the ones standing in their own way (right/left doesn't matter), and they simply refuse to get off the tracks. I'm shocked they still want to play this game of chicken with us much longer.