#Vagabond

Braulio

Anyone here going for this airdrop?  Says 1:1 vgb per Xrp up to max 1000.  Looks interesting but I’d have to load 1000 Xrp into XUMM to get it.  I usually keep my Xrp balance at about 100 just bc I’m unsure of XUMM wallet protection s.  Thoughts if vagabundo is worth it?

Yes I have a trustline set for it, don’t forget to send them your r address to confirm the trustline. 
Also use XUMM and just received the Tangem cards from @Wietse and that now gives me total confidence in the security as the card signs all transactions securely 👌

54 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Yes I have a trustline set for it, don’t forget to send them your r address to confirm the trustline. 
Also use XUMM and just received the Tangem cards from @Wietse and that now gives me total confidence in the security as the card signs all transactions securely 👌

The number of airdrops these days is overwhelming, so I go by endorsement from people here I trust. Would you mind explaining why you think this one is worth getting? I skimmed the website and the white paper, will look more deeply later, but what they do didn’t jump out at me as obvious or great so would appreciate some advice.

11 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

The number of airdrops these days is overwhelming, so I go by endorsement from people here I trust. Would you mind explaining why you think this one is worth getting? I skimmed the website and the white paper, will look more deeply later, but what they do didn’t jump out at me as obvious or great so would appreciate some advice.

Same here. Seems more form than substance. They did spend some time writing the whitepaper, I will give them that, though.

I’m the least technical person to check with on this so would be the last person to ask 😂 

They seem to have put more effort than most for this airdrop so for the sake of 2xrp I’ll give it a shot and see where it takes us. 
Whitepaper is here for these that are more technically minded who may be able to translate it better - https://vagabondapp.io/VAGABOND_WP_V1_vsend.pdf

Reading the white paper, I like their idea. They are basically setting up to operate a kind of 'wordpress' model for blockchain, so that companies can set up blockchain applications with coded modules (in the same way people can make a decent website with good functionality without knowing any code). 

It's not a novel idea and there will be many many competitors in the space but as others have said they have put a lot of effort into the white paper, it is legit with lots of legal disclaimers etc. So I've set up the trustline. 

45 minutes ago, panmores said:

They seem popular - 43.550 truslines set and max 20.000.000 tokens payout (1 per 1 XRP, limit at 1k XRP).

So if every address would have 1k XRP, limit has long been reached.

Yeah surely if the limit has already been reached then they wouldn't be accepting more trustlines would they?

I registered an address a while back, there were already over 20k Trustlines. Since the Snapshot takes place on 01.12 they will not be able to determine the amount of VGB that is already reserved. I hope they will do the Snapshot, run some tools and distribute the tokens. If you get 1000 tokens and they are 0.2 cent each you will be good, if you are not eligible for the airdrop because you were to late then you can simply cancel the Trustline and get the 2 XRP back :)

On 11/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, panmores said:

They seem popular - 43.550 truslines set and max 20.000.000 tokens payout (1 per 1 XRP, limit at 1k XRP).

So if every address would have 1k XRP, limit has long been reached.

This was tweeted yesterday so unless they are just lying to everyone and encouraging them to sign up when the limit has already long been reached then I guess there was still time as of yesterday:

11 hours ago, Triceratops said:

I am sorry for asking again, but why shouldn't they allow signup? They can't estimate what each of the wallets will hold on December first. Am I missing something?

It’s a good point. I guess it doesn’t make sense to me why you would want to limit the number of participants in your airdrop so drastically. Surely any token wants as many holders as possible? That leads me to thinking that maybe the max limit is just that, and that people will receive less each if the limit is crossed.