Liquidity hub officially announce

Julian_Williams

Another take away from swell is how many of the ODL institution are grabbing market share purely because of how much "capital" they are not having to set aside for pre-funded accounts. 

One of the UAE ODL institutions basically said that under status quo they're sort of limited to a 4 day work week because Friday-Saturday are their weekends and then Sunday is a universal day off. Therefore, with ODL, because the markets are always active it not only saves them from prefunding but it allows a lot more transactional throughput.

3 hours ago, Ripley said:

It is even more their bread and butter. All of these assets are going to be tokenized on XRPL. There's a lot of nifty features on XRPL and hopefully we'll see all of that used well.

That would be really cool if so, finally trustworthy gateways 

3 hours ago, Ripley said:

It is even more their bread and butter. All of these assets are going to be tokenized on XRPL. There's a lot of nifty features on XRPL and hopefully we'll see all of that used well.

Plus wouldn't it create a kind of level playing field that exposes weaknesses and strengths of each digital asset?

30 minutes ago, jn_r said:

That would be really cool if so, finally trustworthy gateways 

Details are sparse but that’s my hope yes.

If true, trading of these assets doesn’t cause XRP usage to go up (except for minor transaction fees) but it will cause the XRPL DEX to be used which may have other network effects.

And I think this is why they have that statement in the blog about interoperability being valuable even though XRP and XRPL will always be part of their native stack. 

I hope we get some technical details soon.

Asheesh Birla is becoming the face of Ripple.

We operate a interface that enables enterprises to buy and sell crypto.  You can think of us as an integrator and aggregator across a number of exchanges. you are familiar with ....think of liquidity hub aggregating crypto liquidity across a number of venues. Today there are a lot of centralised ones but I think in the future decentalised liquidity is gooing to become more important

does this put you in competition with Coinbase and Robinhood? ....... ...you see Coinbase is a centralised exchange, we would sit on top of a company like Coinbase and aggregate that liquidity across a number of venues....we are that aggregator layer, today centralised, but in the future the market is going t head more and more decentralised.

How do you keep this safe - we have eight years of experience - we know cryptography inside out   Then he explains very few companies have the sort of experience needed to set this sort of institution up

He tells us that you get ahead of the market by focusing and having a long term strategy.

Crypto will be part of the DNA of all businesses like the internet is part of the DNA of all businesses now.  Ripple will solve this integration for companies of the future.  

How will crypto do in the next financial crisis?    Decentralised technology is not reliant on 4 -5 big banks.  If one goes insolvent the whole system goes into meltdown.  The future will be reliant on decentralised technology.  

Then he talks about removing friction and improving access. 

Financial regulation US need to get up to speed.  US could catch up if it provided a framework.

Edited by Julian_Williams

4 hours ago, Ripley said:

They're not going to be tokenized for us. We're not going to be allowed to touch them. I'm calling this as bullshit right now. This is creating a service that only financial institutions can use and us hoi polloi won't be allowed to get our grubby little fingers on the tokens.

If they wanted to give us good gateways they would have done it. The whole rest of the crypto world is already doing this in less efficient ways.

4 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

They're not going to be tokenized for us. We're not going to be allowed to touch them. I'm calling this as bullshit right now. This is creating a service that only financial institutions can use and us hoi polloi won't be allowed to get our grubby little fingers on the tokens.

If they wanted to give us good gateways they would have done it. The whole rest of the crypto world is already doing this in less efficient ways.

It’s not up to them to issue gateways. They can and do support Issuing Gateways be compliant with AML/KYC. This is definitely a B2B play and not for retail (or even high net worth) individuals. They made they clear. 

The liquidity must be sourced on a blockchain. I am guessing that it is likely to be XRPL itself but it might very well not be. Let’s wait and see.

11 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Have you watched Asheesh Birla video?  That is not the image I get from Asheesh.  This is more like a windows program platform for access for all companies, and I guess individuals too, to the decentralised world of the internet of value

Edited by Julian_Williams

26 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Asheesh Birla is becoming the face of Ripple.

We operate a interface that enables enterprises to buy and sell crypto.  You can think of us as an integrator and aggregator across a number of exchanges. you are familiar with ....think of liquidity hub aggregating crypto liquidity across a number of venues. Today there are a lot of centralised ones but I think in the future decentalised liquidity is gooing to become more important

does this put you in competition with Coinbase and Robinhood? ....... ...you see Coinbase is a centralised exchange, we would sit on top of a company like Coinbase and aggregate that liquidity across a number of venues....we are that aggregator layer, today centralised, but in the future the market is going t head more and more decentralised.

How do you keep this safe - we have eight years of experience - we know cryptography inside out   Then he explains very few companies have the sort of experience needed to set this sort of institution up

He tells us that you get ahead of the market by focusing and having a long term strategy.

He’s head of RippleNet, which is the business side of things. Monica is the head of RippleX which contributes to ledger development. It makes sense that he is launching the product. All of Ripple’s income streams are from RippleNet. RippleX is just the infrastructure team (of course a world class one)

27 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Is it time for the 'XRP army' to start to move our focus away from Ripple and start to build what we want to see on the XRPL? I guess federated side chains is what will give us that potential. 

53 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Have you watched Asheesh Birla video?  That is not the image I get from Asheesh.  This is more like a windows program platform for access for all companies, and I guess individuals too, to the decentralised world of the internet of value

Yeah, this was my impression as well given his description of it as sitting on top of Coinbase, Bitstamp, etc., vs. competing with them.  I am curious though - what kind of demand is there really to move these assets apart from sourcing them at exchanges  Is it simply the all-in-one interface that business love; are there lots of businesses who have sunk value in coins they want to use, or is this a payment play.  They speak of liquidity - is it the asset or the assets value that's desired in the hub?  Really want to see a diagram/schema

Edited by WrathofKahneman