Tim

Q1 2017 XRP Markets Report

Thanks Tim.

What does this mean? 

as well as our plan to implement a systematic markets operation program designed to add liquidity to the market especially during volatile periods.

Added liquidity during volatile periods doesn't sound very awesome when everyone wants a more predictable and transparent distribution. Does this have to do with distribution or something entirely different?

Thanks @Tim

Fyi @miguel you might want to change the (I think) typo here:

and the price slowly moved lower, briefly touching $0.0538 in early March

should be 0.00538 i think

Guest Dizer

A much better report than the last one! Thanks @miguel. Great work.

My only comment is that I did not see anything in the report related to a lock-up plan for Ripple's XRP (and its major internal holders). Is that also coming in the way of future announcement? Or has there been a change in strategy regarding this issue?

7 minutes ago, tomb said:

Added liquidity during volatile periods doesn't sound very awesome when everyone wants a more predictable and transparent distribution. Does this have to do with distribution or something entirely different?

Presumably the liquidity would be added more or less equally on both sides so its effect on overall distribution would be negligible?  Sounded to me like they will engage their own market-maker during volatile periods, and/or supplement existing MM's with extra capital.

Thanks for the report.

It’s clear Fiat is flowing into the market via BTC. So, it is in XRP’s advantage to get listed on (at least) the top exchanges.

The more liquidity flows in via BTC, the more volatility decreases and the more daily volume increases.  

Should XRP want to survive, decoupling from BTC should not be expected to happen soon. As long as Fiat>>BTC cannot be reformulated as Fiat>>XRP , BTC is XRP’s oxygen.

And as long as Fiat>BTC>XRP exists, xrp is simply contributing to BTC’s popularity, price, ..

I suspect the impact of good news (banks choosing for Ripple) on the price was relatively low, considering XRP’s history. Hence, this argument is noted as the last bullet point.

The most interesting part:

In addition, you may want to watch out for specific announcements in Q2 regarding potential ways to use RCL’s new Escrow feature, as well as our plan to implement a systematic markets operation program designed to add liquidity to the market especially during volatile periods.

We may expect XRP lockup in Q2, because this paragraph is preceded with

“We’ve put our ear to the ground and have been listening to important feedback from the XRP community"

Secondly, as they will be adding liquidity they expect upside volatility. I remember that during the rally only about 50M xrp was left on poloniex. This could be done by discount window lending

Would love to hear some feedback, as I could be completely wrong.