[SOLVED] Hosted Wallets - Gatehub

nightfall

Hi, 

Anyone know what happens to hosted wallets after deleting, can you recover them. And after sending xrp from a hosted walled what happens if transaction fails?

I send some xrp from an hosted wallet and after seing its balance as 0, i deleted that hosted wallet but what if transaction fails? Did i lose all that xrp becuase i deleted that hsoted wallet from my gatehub account?

Edited by nightfall

big trouble, since i deleted the hosted wallet i cant see the transaction id too :( and i dont know hosted wallets number too since its deleted. I saw its balance 0 and then i deleted it since its 0 too but now xrp sent from that wallet is not processed cant check transaction now.

Edited by nightfall

Did you write down the secret key and the address?

If you didn't write down the secret key there is not much that can be done I guess. But maybe Gatehub didn't actually delete it but just took it away from your sight.

If you wrote down the ripple address, you can check the balance on e.g. https://charts.ripple.com/#/graph (fill in ripple address in the bar above)

EDIT: The receiving ripple address you can also see from the wallet you sent from (if the transaction actually got accepted into the ledger).

Edited by Eik
added info

no i didnt down any key , this is really bad now [emoji20]  the problem is receiving ripple adress show no transaction so its not accepted in ledger an now i am stuck 

If its a Hosted wallet there shouldnt be a problem@gatehub to help you out!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nightfall said:

Hi, 

Anyone know what happens to hosted wallets after deleting, can you recover them. And after sending xrp from a hosted walled what happens if transaction fails?

I send some xrp from an hosted wallet and after seing its balance as 0, i deleted that hosted wallet but what if transaction fails? Did i lose all that xrp becuase i deleted that hsoted wallet from my gatehub account?

Functional wallets can not have a zero balance. Once activated (a small XRP amount deposited on it), it will always have at least some XRP in it as a reserve in order to function. So you could not have send any transaction from this account if it's balance is currently zero. Can you share the ripple address you are talking about (do not EVER send the secret key, secret keys start with 's'. Ripple addresses start with 'r')

How did you put funds on this hosted wallet in the first place?

Just now, Eik said:

Functional wallets can not have a zero balance. Once activated (a small XRP amount deposited on it), it will always have at least some XRP in it as a reserve in order to function. So you could not have send any transaction from this account if it's balance is currently zero. Can you share the ripple address you are talking about (do not EVER send the secret key, secret keys start with 's'. Ripple addresses start with 'r')

How did you put funds on this hosted wallet in the first place?

hosted wallets are different i think , it was a hosted walled. 

1 hour ago, Eik said:

Did you write down the secret key and the address?

He would not have received a secret key since it was a hosted wallet.

1 hour ago, nightfall said:

waiting for answer now, couldnt get anything yet

Your xrp aren't lost, Gatehub still has possession of them. Just keep waiting for Gatehub's response. Provide them with whatever info they require and they should be able to give it 'back' to you. Fore more info, read this excellent Gatehub article written by our very own @cmbartley : https://steemit.com/gatehub/@cmbartley/gatehub-brief-overview-of-ripple-vs-hosted-wallets

for people interested, i tryed some checkings with another hosted wallet it was like this,

xrp sent : normal wallet -----> hosted wallet       (tx done instantly)

xrp sent back : hosted wallet --------> normal wallet  (tx delayed ) 

and after aprox 1 hour all transaction sent from hosted wallets was done . 

So i conclude this was probably gatehub maybe queuing hosted wallet transactions for some reason, since that hosted wallets was actually sub-wallets under gatehubs xrp adress.

Thank you again to everyone willing to help.