Jump to content

help with sending XRP


duricko
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

It likely means you have not validated who you are yet.  They won't let you move anything off their exchange to prevent money laundering by unknown users.  A legal requirement by the US Gov.

Coinbase should translate their error codes to make it easier but its always good to google the code which is how I found...

https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/privacy-and-security/other/i-see-the-error-account-temporarily-disabled-what-should-i-do

Edited by inXs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

tefMASTER_DISABLED is an XRPL error, not a Coinbase error. Presuming this is the software wallet by Coinbase rather than the exchange app.

It means that the original secret key for your XRP account has been disabled and replaced with a "regular key" (which is just another secret key) or else multi-signing has been enabled on the account, which means you need signatures from more than one other XRP account to make any transaction.

Do you remember doing any of the above yourself in the past? If you didn't do it, then perhaps some wallet software may have changed it on your behalf?

This isn't an account that originated in Gatehub by any chance, is it? They did this for many accounts after a security breach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same problem, did you find a solution? I've looked it up in several places, my wallet is also CoinbaseWallet I've already checked the registry and the key was disabled but I didn't

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, juanrpz said:

I have the same problem, did you find a solution? I've looked it up in several places, my wallet is also CoinbaseWallet I've already checked the registry and the key was disabled but I didn't

The post two above yours says it’s likely you aren’t validated at Coinbase properly yet.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's an awful lot of posts recently about disabled master keys, I wonder if it's the result of a specific attack or scam.

Han anyone in this thread participated in any online XRP giveaways etc. or imported their accounts into new wallet software recently?

What's the exact name of the Coinbase app you're using? And the name of the creator in the app store?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, at3n said:

There's an awful lot of posts recently about disabled master keys, I wonder if it's the result of a specific attack or scam.

Han anyone in this thread participated in any online XRP giveaways etc. or imported their accounts into new wallet software recently?

What's the exact name of the Coinbase app you're using? And the name of the creator in the app store?

Didn’t an earlier poster indicate that it’s Coinbase because of incomplete verification?

 

I don’t know specifics and never used Coinbase but that sounded feasible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Didn’t an earlier poster indicate that it’s Coinbase because of incomplete verification?

 

I don’t know specifics and never used Coinbase but that sounded feasible.

 

I don't think so in this case. tefMASTER_DISABLED is an XRPL error, from rippled. Doesn't make sense for Coinbase the exchange to use it for a verification error.

I wasn't aware until recently that Coinbase has a crypto software wallet app, completely separate from the Coinbase exchange app. I assume that this is that app, which would interface with XRPL directly.

If someone could clarify which app they're using, that would clear it up though.

Edited by at3n
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, at3n said:

I don't think so in this case. tefMASTER_DISABLED is an XRPL error, from rippled. Doesn't make sense for Coinbase the exchange to use it for a verification error.

Yeah it’s an XRPL error….  I’m assuming bubbled up through the stack to the user without an intercept to a better message.  So it’s not a ‘doesn’t make sense’ situation,  it’s just normal crappy exception handling.   (In the scenario of accepting what was said earlier that it’s missing Coinbase validation)

 

3 hours ago, at3n said:

I wasn't aware until recently that Coinbase has a crypto software wallet app, completely separate from the Coinbase exchange app. I assume that this is that app, which would interface with XRPL directly.

Me either.  But if the app is like other exchange apps it is linked to the exchange users account so validation of user identity could be a factor in the app functionality.  It’s possible that it sets regular key and disables master until KYC done at which point it reverse that.  That’s my guess at what is happening if the initial post about verification is correct.

This would be a odd mix of custodial and non custodial but Gatehub has done vaguely similar.

 

3 hours ago, at3n said:

If someone could clarify which app they're using, that would clear it up though.

Yes that would be helpful rather than these flights of fancy I’m indulging in.   :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, juanrpz said:

I checked the history and has a hash of the day the master key was disabled.

The day that it was disabled, do you remember taking any action with this XRP account (using any wallet software or online service)?

Also was this XRP account created with the Coinbase wallet, or was it created elsewhere and imported to coinbase?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, at3n said:

No dia em que ela foi desativada, você se lembra de ter executado alguma ação com essa conta XRP (usando qualquer software de carteira ou serviço online)?

Além disso, essa conta XRP foi criada com a carteira Coinbase ou foi criada em outro lugar e importada para a coinbase?

was created with coinbaseWallet wallet. I don't remember making any changes. I never even sent xrp with the account, it was accumulating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, juanrpz said:

I never even sent xrp with the account, it was accumulating

Now I'm confused. If you didn't send any XRP to it, who did? And how/why was it accumulating? That's not something that XRP does without someone sending more XRP. Was Coinbase sending you rewards or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/11/2021 at 16:14, at3n said:

Agora estou confuso. Se você não enviou nenhum XRP para ele, quem o fez? E como / por que estava se acumulando? Isso não é algo que o XRP faz sem que alguém envie mais XRP. A Coinbase estava lhe enviando recompensas ou algo assim?

yes, it was accumulating with rewards, I never took it off the account, I just entered

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see.

It seems likely that the recovery phrase for the Coinbase Wallet app was hacked,

When you created the account on Coinbase Wallet, did you store your Recovery Phrase (12 words) anywhere that it might have been stolen from? In an email account, in a computer file, a photo on your phone...? Or did you write it down on paper?

@juanrpz

Edited by at3n
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.