Binance US will not support Songbird airdrop but will support Flare airdrop

Todo for everyone: do NOT store any crypto on exchanges except for immediate selling

Keep it in a reliable hardware wallet, securely store the keys/recovery phrase offline so you always have total control of it

Another to do: Send one tweet every day asking binance and coinbase when they plan to distribute the Songbird tokens that they have received and the Exfi tokens that they will receive. Kraken shifted their position. I think that if enough people keep asking into November that Coinbase will at least come around. I read a lot of stuff about Binance's approach to managing customer accounts that makes me less confident about them. 

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Hope Binance.com comes through...

That's where all my tokens are, I haven't even looked at my ledger nano since that data breach couple years back. Man that pissed me off, still getting phone calls.  

If you have a really old ledger nano, you plug it in and there's no coins. Don't panic. ledger nano changed it's derivation path when derivation paths became standardized across wallets. I think you'd also have the old firmware still installed so you're fine. Would be a good idea to make sure you have the word list. The word list is more important than the nano itself

11 hours ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

So basically they are going to take away Songbird tokens from me? Not nice...

Technically the tokens were never yours. Flare gave them the tokens without any requirement to pass them into their customers.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be upset about it. The best thing Binance US customers can probably do is get together to collectively tell Binance US they're withdrawing all their funds on a certain day unless they receive their SGB. And then actually do it. That's the only type of message exchanges will listen to.

Some transparency about what the non-supporting exchanges are gonna do with their tokens would be nice.  It's fair enough to say they aren't supporting an airdrop, it's their business and they can run it how they like, but they should announce what they intend to do with them.  Stake them/burn them/give to a charity/give them back, or even just hold and wait to see how if the demand increases or decreases.

Without some clarity suspicions will fester.

Edited by PlanK

21 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Technically the tokens were never yours. Flare gave them the tokens without any requirement to pass them into their customers.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be upset about it. The best thing Binance US customers can probably do is get together to collectively tell Binance US they're withdrawing all their funds on a certain day unless they receive their SGB. And then actually do it. That's the only type of message exchanges will listen to.

Totally agree.