Deaton & Hogan think this is big for Ripple's case (Catch 22 questions for SEC?)

• Julian_Williams changed the title to Deaton & Hogan thinks this is big for Ripple's case
  • Julian_Williams changed the title to Deaton & Hogan think this is big for Ripple's case (Catch 22 questions for SEC?)
3 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I mean I agree with you, the evidence seems to point heavily towards the SEC giving the green light to ETH. The question is why? that's the question they don't want to answer, because it really seems like there isn't a good answer except 'cuz they gave us bribes to do it'. 

That answer is impossible to give because it is illegal, the other answer I can think of is "because ETH is not a security. But Ripple is" - and then they are forced to go through the Ripple XRP sales one by one and tell the Court why every one of the XRP sales, even on the secondary is a security.  And the judge has to be able to believe their reasoning.  Tough one that!

Edited by Julian_Williams

39 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I think this order from the judge to finally answer the tough questions could be the catalyst for a settlement.

Prior to my unwanted basic education in legal proceedings through this case I would’ve agreed with you.

But these SEC guys seem to be able to thwart and ignore the court rulings.   At least for a while and so far…

So I’m hoping,  but not fully believing,  that you are correct.

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

If the pure and only goal of the SEC is indeed being an extension of a puppetmaster wanting to slow down Ripple as long as possible they will surely attempt it. 

But imo having to answer these questions is a little different than handing over documents and delaying by disputing priviledge. Not being able or willing to answer the mentioned questions would also be a checkmate that damages this and further cases. So I think they have to come up with at least one flavour of something within 45 days but I'm not sure if they can come up with any flavour that does not damage themselves direct or indirectly. They really thrived by being able to keep it all as vague as possible for as long as possible. Now the judge wants answers.

Exciting times!

your answer nailed it IMO (answers into Court are legal documents)

Edited by Julian_Williams