Sent Wrapped SGB to Bitrue SGB address....?

ZerpTidalWave

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

It's a little disappointing that Bifrost doesn't have a prompt that comes up to remind you that you are sending WSGB. Don't get me wrong, Bifrost have done a great job, but that is something that I think would be really easy to implement and would save people from these kinds of things. 

How would they know when you're actually trying to send WSGB and when you aren't?

1 hour ago, brianwalden said:

How would they know when you're actually trying to send WSGB and when you aren't?

Well isn’t it different in the wallet when you send it? I haven’t done it but I just assumed that you clicked on something different?

5 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Well isn’t it different in the wallet when you send it? I haven’t done it but I just assumed that you clicked on something different?

Yes, but what I mean is, when you select to send WSGB, how does Bifrost know whether or not the recipient wants to receive it. There's nothing wrong with sending WSGB, I suspect that a lot of apps will support it (exchanges probably not so much).

I know the XRPL's destination tags have caused a lot of headaches, but this is one area where it stands out. You can't send a token to an XRPL address unless they've chosen to receive it, so this problem doesn't happen like it does on other networks.

12 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Yes, but what I mean is, when you select to send WSGB, how does Bifrost know whether or not the recipient wants to receive it. There's nothing wrong with sending WSGB, I suspect that a lot of apps will support it (exchanges probably not so much).

I know the XRPL's destination tags have caused a lot of headaches, but this is one area where it stands out. You can't send a token to an XRPL address unless they've chosen to receive it, so this problem doesn't happen like it does on other networks.

Hmm yes I guess so but a prompt only for WSGB doesn’t seem too onerous. Anyway it is ultimately the user’s responsibility but it would be easy to think that wrapped tokens are the same as non wrapped if you don’t know the technicals. It was just a thought.

Maybe it's because I've had a few drinks, but it's times like these, when people are helping each other with no expectation of return, that I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It is an absolute pleasure to be on this crazy ride with you fine people, and I sincerely hope that ten or twenty years from now we all look back on this and think: wow we had no idea (in a good way).

Anyway, cheers all :Laie_16:

2 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Maybe it's because I've had a few drinks, but it's times like these, when people are helping each other with no expectation of return, that I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It is an absolute pleasure to be on this crazy ride with you fine people, and I sincerely hope that ten or twenty years from now we all look back on this and think: wow we had no idea (in a good way).

Since we're all helping each other and you're in Korea, I heard that KPop NFTs are coming to the Terra Network in 4 days.

3 hours ago, FTSO_AU said:

Ok. Update from Bitrue. They’re working on a solution for this, they’ll update me soon. 

I suggest you keep a record of the transaction so we can reference it when the time comes. 

Wow, hope is alive! Thank you so much. I understand this takes time and will be patient. Bitrue is a signal provider and have faith that we will see this through. Am I the only dumbass to do this?  I've been in this space circa 2017. So much expertise in this chat. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Seoulite said:

No doubt a fun ride. So much gratitude to everyone! Thank you!

45 minutes ago, ZerpTidalWave said:

Wow, hope is alive! Thank you so much. I understand this takes time and will be patient. Bitrue is a signal provider and have faith that we will see this through. Am I the only dumbass to do this?  I've been in this space circa 2017. So much expertise in this chat. Thank you!

No, sending the wrong coin to a deposit address happens all the time.

8 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Since we're all helping each other and you're in Korea, I heard that KPop NFTs are coming to the Terra Network in 4 days.

If they can get the fans into it, NFTs will be huge in kpop. The companies already have the idea of 'collectibles' locked in. They produce albums with 'photos' in them, different ones, so you have to buy multiple albums to get the whole set. If you buy like 10 albums you get a special sticker thing. If you buy like 500 you get to have a five minute chat with the kpop idol. Stuff like that. You can see on youtube videos of people unboxing the special editions. There are youtubers whose entire schtick is buying a huge number of these things in order to get access to the special stuff. I've also heard anecdotal evidence of regular young people buying like 50 albums in order to get some special poster. It's a little frightening, but it's like a form of hyper-consumerism. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 10:42 PM, ZerpTidalWave said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.