FLR and SGB

Hello all, I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and I have to say that I really appreciate the insight some of the members have shared here.

I wanted to ask if it's worth it to buy FLR and SGB at this point. I bought XRP back in january so I didn't have the opportunity to get the airdrops and I've been feeling like I'm losing an opportunity. I have made my research and I know FLR can be big, but is it worth the price it's now on Bitrue?

I FOMO'd in and bought some FLR already and I also don't know if I bought an IOU or what, but I did it through Bitrue. So that's it, is it worth it to get into these coins, or maybe I should wait a little longer?

Buy it if you think it's worth it. But don't listen to any buying recommendations in a forum. Anyone who already owns something will recommend a purchase to make themselves richer.

Decisions are simple:

Yes/No

regards

3 minutes ago, DarthTrader said:

Anyone who already owns something will recommend a purchase to make themselves richer.

Actually that is not always correct on here.  Many members try to be altruistic in their advice and call it as they see it.  Certainly some, maybe it’s even most, (??) will act as you say, but not all.

Having said that…

5 minutes ago, DarthTrader said:

Buy it if you think it's worth it. But don't listen to any buying recommendations in a forum.

I agree with this advice.  Listen to a number of opinions, do your own research and act on your understanding.  The result will be that you sometimes fomo in on a loser.  I have multiple times.  :) 

But overall,   I am up on where I bought on most things.

If I was just looking to get into crypto now I’d say SGB and FLR have some of the most potential at the moment. 
But it comes down to what you want to gain from it, if it’s just financial then only invest what you can afford to lose in a heartbeat. This market swings violently and regularly and takes no prisoners. One moment you think you’re flying high then the next you’re crashing to earth with a bump. 
Remove that stress level, only invest invest what you can afford and set yourself price exit points. Ensure to take profit when it’s available, and you’ll get along just fine 👍👌

7 hours ago, Davy95 said:

I FOMO'd in and bought some FLR already and I also don't know if I bought an IOU or what, but I did it through Bitrue. So that's it, is it worth it to get into these coins, or maybe I should wait a little longer?

FLR is not released yet. Bitrue is offering an IOU of the initial airdrop. The initial airdrop is 15% of the total which will come in months to come (two years total? Cant remember exact). 

I should add that the FLR amount being traded now is very limited. Only people who held XRP in Bitrue have gotten the IOU and could sell it. On the other hand, anyone such as you, can buy it. 

If it's a good investment or not I don't know. Definitely risky, as most crypto are. 

I'll just add that several years ago I said "one day we will be able to earn cash flow from out XRP". I had no idea how this would be done, just a gut read on the market.

With Flare and FLR, that cashflow time is now a reality. So owning FLR can be seen as a means of improving the value of your  XRP. You will need FLR to take advantage of the cashflow opportunities avaliable to your XRP.

13 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Actually that is not always correct on here.  Many members try to be altruistic in their advice and call it as they see it.

I agree with this also. Great community here, I've learned a ton!

Except when we were having all the bitcoin shills spreading fud, but it appears the mods have cleaned up that mess pretty well.

1 minute ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I'll just add that several years ago I said "one day we will be able to earn cash flow from out XRP". I had no idea how this would be done, just a gut read on the market.

With Flare and FLR, that cashflow time is now a reality. So owning FLR can be seen as a means of improving the value of your  XRP. You will need FLR to take advantage of the cashflow opportunities avaliable to your XRP.

Except when we were having all the bitcoin shills spreading fud, but it appears the mods have cleaned up that mess pretty well.

Two things. 1) Flare is going to create a ton of transaction volume on the XRPL because the price of FXRP is essentially kept pegged by arbitrage. 2) Trustless issued currencies bridged over from Flare to the XRPL are finally going to return trading to the XRPL DEX. I was never much of a trader, but man I used to love the old DEX back in the day. I'm probably that old guy who thinks everything was better back then.

23 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

... and whose IP isn't from USA or North Korea :-/ 

I saw in the Gensler testimony that he casually mentioned that "if you move your operations offshore (or maybe it was self custody), then anyone outside the US can participate and anyone running a VPN". 

He knows the SEC'S "enforcementability" is limited. I smell lots of Saber rattling.

Edited by KarmaCoverage

First of all I want to thank you all for your kind replies.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:55 AM, Skippy said:

FLR is not released yet. Bitrue is offering an IOU of the initial airdrop. The initial airdrop is 15% of the total which will come in months to come (two years total? Cant remember exact). 

I should add that the FLR amount being traded now is very limited. Only people who held XRP in Bitrue have gotten the IOU and could sell it. On the other hand, anyone such as you, can buy it. 

If it's a good investment or not I don't know. Definitely risky, as most crypto are.

Do you know in how much time I'd be able to use these FLR? I want to start learning how to use the platform.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, KarmaCoverage said:

And that's one of the reasons I rushed to buy FLR. I have some XRP and wanted to have more access to the defi platform based on it.

Overall, I started pretty late on the crypto game, so I don't have much XRP (not enough to make a living off it), but I'm planning to hold for 10 years+ for a dear life like they say. My family struggles with money and I don't have much to invest, but I'm hoping that 10 years from now the little money I'm getting into crypto will pay for my family's peace of mind.

I really appreciate and thank all the people who took the time to respond, you're all amazing.

Kind Regards

I wish you luck since I feel these things are more or less a gamble.

But it's hard to know what Flare will become since it's not even released yet. 99% of crypto which are supposed to "become" something haven't and never will be anything. So I like the idea of staking and delegating and such but for sustainable value in many of these utility coins one might think it's supposed to really "become" something useful. 

Just now, Skippy said:

I wish you luck since I feel these things are more or less a gamble.

But it's hard to know what Flare will become since it's not even released yet. 99% of crypto which are supposed to "become" something haven't and never will be anything. So I like the idea of staking and delegating and such but for sustainable value in many of these utility coins one might think it's supposed to really "become" something useful. 

Well I'm not placing my hopes on FLR, I just bought some because I wanted to start learning how to use the platform once is available. To be honest all my hopes are placed on XRP. Maybe I'm a dreamer but I'm expecting it to sell them for $100+ USD each in 5~10 years from now.

Do you believe investing in XRP is gambling?

28 minutes ago, Davy95 said:

Well I'm not placing my hopes on FLR, I just bought some because I wanted to start learning how to use the platform once is available. To be honest all my hopes are placed on XRP. Maybe I'm a dreamer but I'm expecting it to sell them for $100+ USD each in 5~10 years from now.

Well no :D But it's quite risky for being investing

2 hours ago, Davy95 said:

$100 per Xrp ain’t happening