XRPL USE PLANS BY IMF/WORLD BANK DISCOVERED

Julian_Williams

9 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

If we start seeing some major accumulating of XRP occur outside of all the other cryptos, then we could assume some lucky insiders have gotten wind of info such as this ^^ ahead of the unwashed masses, eh ? 

It just amazes me how slow the banks, corporate and government investors are to what is going on under their noses.   If I were a CEO of a big bank, or central bank I would be buying a billion or two when prices were in their .20s as insurance for what the future will probably hold, just like countries hold gold reserves.  At some point there must be a scramble for the available coins.  

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

If we start seeing some major accumulating of XRP occur outside of all the other cryptos, then we could assume some lucky insiders have gotten wind of info such as this ^^ ahead of the unwashed masses, eh ? 

Lucky insiders. I wonder who those lucky individuals are. Let the accumulation begin :D

8 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

It just amazes me how slow the banks, corporate and government investors are to what is going on under their noses.   If I were a CEO of a big bank, or central bank I would be buying a billion or two when prices were in their .20s as insurance for what the future will probably hold, just like countries hold gold reserves.  At some point there must be a scramble for the available coins.  

Two reasons:

• In a sense this is why Blockbuster failed against Netflix. They expect the technology to fail or that they could innovate faster if absolutely needed.
  • The few banks that do have an inkling aren't able to buy because of the lack of regulatory clarity. Brad himself mentioned in an interview that one of the CEOs of a big bank (my guess was Bank of America) clearly said as such. They are not allowed to hold assets that don't have regulatory clarity.

That said, once regulatory clarity comes, the really big banks will likely do OTC purchases at a discount.

39 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Two reasons:

• In a sense this is why Blockbuster failed against Netflix. They expect the technology to fail or that they could innovate faster if absolutely needed.
  • The few banks that do have an inkling aren't able to buy because of the lack of regulatory clarity. Brad himself mentioned in an interview that one of the CEOs of a big bank (my guess was Bank of America) clearly said as such. They are not allowed to hold assets that don't have regulatory clarity.

That said, once regulatory clarity comes, the really big banks will likely do OTC purchases at a discount.

True, but not every bank has to obey the rules of American regulations.   I hope the Kingdom of Bhutan bought a billion XRP and will be super rich for being one of the first CBs to take the plunge. 

12 hours ago, JASCoder said:

I'm looking to see a week or two of uncorrelated gains against XLM as a turning point in XRP's fundamental analysis by institutions.  This will be a sign of a breakout.  Until then its just algo's trading as they always have.

3 hours ago, Ripley said:

Two reasons:

While this is true, lets be real.  If a huge bank like BoA wanted to buy XRP, they can easily do it thru some type of means, connections, 3rd party etc. 

Maybe they have already, who knows.  But to say a bank "isn't legally allowed to" certainly doesn't mean they didn't lol.  Come on, there greedy banksters after all.  

14 minutes ago, Babelly said:

While this is true, lets be real.  If a huge bank like BoA wanted to buy XRP, they can easily do it thru some type of means, connections, 3rd party etc. 

Maybe they have already, who knows.  But to say a bank "isn't legally allowed to" certainly doesn't mean they didn't lol.  Come on, there greedy banksters after all.  

They cannot unfortunately. Any bank that has a presence in the U.S., let alone be headquartered in the U.S. has extremely strict compliance related restrictions. It's why Coinbase tried to resist the SEC but ultimately caved. Banking regulations are very tough. 

P.S. Not to say that they aren't corrupt. Especially the really big ones - Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, etc.

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

True, but not every bank has to obey the rules of American regulations.   I hope the Kingdom of Bhutan bought a billion XRP and will be super rich for being one of the first CBs to take the plunge. 

The kingdom wouldn't gamble though. Or, rather, they shouldn't :) In any case, the original comment was around "big banks". There are no big banks without presence in the U.S. and once you have a presence in the U.S. things get super restrictive real fast.

That is also why I'm even more bullish post a positive outcome for the lawsuit. Everyone keeps saying the U.S. doesn't matter, and that its trading volumes are a small portion compared to the rest of the world. Well, that's because of lack of regulatory clarity. Once there's regulatory clarity, the rest of the world won't even hold a candle to the volumes generated in or through the U.S.

1 hour ago, Ripley said:

The kingdom wouldn't gamble though. Or, rather, they shouldn't :) In any case, the original comment was around "big banks". There are no big banks without presence in the U.S. and once you have a presence in the U.S. things get super restrictive real fast.

That is also why I'm even more bullish post a positive outcome for the lawsuit. Everyone keeps saying the U.S. doesn't matter, and that its trading volumes are a small portion compared to the rest of the world. Well, that's because of lack of regulatory clarity. Once there's regulatory clarity, the rest of the world won't even hold a candle to the volumes generated in or through the U.S.

I hope you are right.  In that case the best option is just don't sell until after a settlement - it would be an interesting turn of the tables if the the bear market for everything turns into a bull market for XRP.  

I think settlement is either very shortly (ie next few days so that SEC can resist showing all the sensitive docs to XRP) or a few weeks after discovery completed in November.  Quite likely after the bull run is over.

Edited by Julian_Williams

15 hours ago, VanGogh said:

Some days, it feels like the old days of Hodor and others who brought unbelievable hope to us xrp hodlers. All the doubters remind me of the Pink Floyd lyrics: "fat psychopathic wives"! 

"who thrashed them within inches of their lives!!"

Some incredible writing in that album 

22 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

The stuff this guy digs up is really exciting for XRP holders. Basically drop BTC, Drop SWIFT put it all on The XRPL     ALL THE MONE

I dunno, I feel like we've heard all this before, for years. Years and years. Partnership after partnership. I just can't get excited about any of this stuff anymore.