Jump to content

SongBird Trading is live!


Xrpdude
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cryptoxrp said:

First epoch was approx 3% and the second epoch approx 2%. So 5 % in the first 2 weeks. I expect it to level out somewhere around 1 % each week.

 

If it stays at 1%/week (which is high, coins like ADA pay 5%/year) and price can stay in the 40-50¢ range SGB can be renamed to money printer (BRRR)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

 

If it stays at 1%/week (which is high, coins like ADA pay 5%/year) and price can stay in the 40-50¢ range SGB can be renamed to money printer (BRRR)

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I wouldn't expect returns to remain this high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, xrp_sea said:

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I wouldn't expect returns to remain this high.

If interest can stay above 1.35%/week then your stack doubles after 52 weeks. I imagine this will be the case. The problem is if BTC goes into a bear market your stack is going to drop 90-95% in price. Say hello to 2¢ SGB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2021 at 9:17 PM, tulo said:
  • To gain some SGB?
  • To give less SGB to "normal" user who could dump them in the market?
  • To allow most of the less renowed oracels to have some voting power (most of them now barely have the 47M delegated from the foundation)?

The rules for Flare and Songbird are quite different. The Flare Team have made no secret that Songbird is a much more experimental playground, with the governance less democratic and decentralised than Flare, especially in the beginning. I don't know the exact distribution ratios of Songbird among the foundation and the flare team themselves. I believe the idea is that the Foundation will use its tokens in the FTSO but not in the F-asset system. The Flare Team will use their tokens to make a profit like everyone else. I can't remember the exact rules that govern the Foundation when Flare launches, but given that users could vote to dissolve the Foundation itself, it wouldn't surprise me if it was possible for users to vote for the Foundation to stop delegating its FLR should that be what it is doing. However as I said in Songbird there is much less user control, the ecosystem is on a much tighter leash and everyone investing in the token should be aware of that. SGB is a far riskier proposition than FLR. I have put some money in because I think higher risk can mean higher rewards but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. If you are just playing with the free tokens you got then it's all upside anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gamblord said:

If interest can stay above 1.35%/week then your stack doubles after 52 weeks. I imagine this will be the case. The problem is if BTC goes into a bear market your stack is going to drop 90-95% in price. Say hello to 2¢ SGB.

Patty XRP did a decent vid briefly exploring the possibilities for compounding rewards. Not exactly sure why but he was calculating a 0.3% weekly return after it all evens out. We aren't getting rich from this, but that's not surprising. Getting rich risk free is kinda not in the laws of the universe. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Not exactly sure why but he was calculating a 0.3% weekly return after it all evens out.

I think 1% weekly can be realistic in the long run. Consider that the foundation has around 5B SGB and I don't think they'll put more on FTSO. And soon F-assets will be included, which means that 2.5 times the value of the F-assets created is locked into the SGB locked for minting F-assets. So either less SGB will be locked into FTSO for minting, little amount of F-assets are created (I don't think so because it can be more profitable than FTSO) or SGB price explodes so that a little amount of SBG is needed to mint F-assets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

So, none of exchanges keen to list SGB. Interesting.

Looks like Bitrue is handling about $4MM/day in volume.  Just them though.  I'm patiently waiting on coinbase to do the right thing and release mine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tulo said:

I think 1% weekly can be realistic in the long run. Consider that the foundation has around 5B SGB and I don't think they'll put more on FTSO. And soon F-assets will be included, which means that 2.5 times the value of the F-assets created is locked into the SGB locked for minting F-assets. So either less SGB will be locked into FTSO for minting, little amount of F-assets are created (I don't think so because it can be more profitable than FTSO) or SGB price explodes so that a little amount of SBG is needed to mint F-assets.

What's a reasonable price target for SGB, in your opinion? I have a hard time gauging where it could go. Should I expect the same market cap as XRP? If so,where would that put SGB price wise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Nat99 said:

What's a reasonable price target for SGB, in your opinion? I have a hard time gauging where it could go. Should I expect the same market cap as XRP? If so,where would that put SGB price wise?

Check DOT and KSM. I think a marketcap of 1/10 of the main network (FLR) is reasonable. If you put FLR in top 20 then it's 1B$ marketcap for SGB which price it at 0.07$. But it's 100% speculation and I'm not here to speculate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nat99 said:

What's a reasonable price target for SGB, in your opinion? I have a hard time gauging where it could go. Should I expect the same market cap as XRP? If so,where would that put SGB price wise?

for something that was completely airdropped, it is a test network (I can't accept their 'it is an advanced network agenda'), everything above 0.01$ is overpriced for me..

after exfi snapshot I can imagine price diving to these levels.. we will see

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

for something that was completely airdropped, it is a test network (I can't accept their 'it is an advanced network agenda'), everything above 0.01$ is overpriced for me..

after exfi snapshot I can imagine price diving to these levels.. we will see

 

For that exchanges must list SGB, so far they not in rush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, tulo said:

Check DOT and KSM. I think a marketcap of 1/10 of the main network (FLR) is reasonable. If you put FLR in top 20 then it's 1B$ marketcap for SGB which price it at 0.07$. But it's 100% speculation and I'm not here to speculate.

it's currently trading way above 7 cents. Am I getting this wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Nat99 said:

it's currently trading way above 7 cents. Am I getting this wrong?

It is traded only within the Bitrue market, so a very limited perimeter in terms of users, demand & supply and therefore liquidity. For sure it is not representative for real market conditions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Frisia said:

It is traded only within the Bitrue market, so a very limited perimeter in terms of users, demand & supply and therefore liquidity. For sure it is not representative for real market conditions.

There’s P2P trading as well and arbitrage between them and Bitrue. While it’s a small market, Bitrue is the best price indicator at this point. We’ll see as other exchanges come online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.