Jump to content

SGB to XRP ratio


Recommended Posts

So I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I had XRP in a Ledger wallet, and I have well over 100 XRP in that wallet. When I connected to Songbird via MetaMask, I got 3.2 SGB. I'm not sure the distribution / ratio of how many XRP to Songbird, but I figured I would ask here to see if I'm doing things right. 

I followed the instructions on the Flare site to connect Ledger to MetaMask / Songbird. Am I doing something wrong, or is that just a normal value to receive when you have substantially more than 3.2 XRP? 

Is the ratio of SGB to XRP like 100 XRP to 1 SGB or something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, brianwalden said:

The airdrop was ~15% of however much XRP was in your wallet on December 12, 2020.

Did I need to do something special with the Ledger Wallet in order to 'register' for this airdrop?  I thought I did everything Flare required, which in this case has me worried about the FLR airdrop when that happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, theGlitchKing said:

Did I need to do something special with the Ledger Wallet in order to 'register' for this airdrop?  I thought I did everything Flare required, which in this case has me worried about the FLR airdrop when that happens. 

The fact you see some SGB suggests you did it right. Would suggest you go to bithomp.com and put in your XRP address from your nano, that will also then show you what SGB and Flare you are elibigle for from your XRP balance at snapshot time from mid Dec 2020

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, theGlitchKing said:

Did I need to do something special with the Ledger Wallet in order to 'register' for this airdrop?  I thought I did everything Flare required, which in this case has me worried about the FLR airdrop when that happens. 

If you claimed the FLR airdrop you get the SGB one as well. I suggest doing what @Fireballseven said and looking up your XRP wallet on one of the explorers. They'll tell you exactly how much SGB you were supposed to get. Maybe you had more XRP in a different wallet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3.2/0.15=21.333333333 xrp at the time of the snapshot. It really seems like you left 20 xrp for the reserve plus 1 xrp for transaction fee's. Do you have more than one xrp account?

It's possible to have two xrp accounts on one ledger. Maybe you have an account with only 20 xrp that you forgot about.

example you plug your ledger into mew and theres 100 xrp but if you plug it into metamask, it may use a different derivation path and show a different account which you may have funded with xrp in the past. 

or you moved your funds to an exchange at the time of the snap shot then moved them back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

On @Stedas infographic it says 0.1511 SGB per 1 XRP. which sounds about right, but I'm not sure of his source info.


Thats is correct.  It is just the result of taking the slightly over one to one Flare to XRP ratio then taking 15% of that.   Songbird is only having the ‘first’ release unlike Flare which will release 15% then 3-4% monthly for the next three years or so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 12:43 AM, Fireballseven said:

The fact you see some SGB suggests you did it right. Would suggest you go to bithomp.com and put in your XRP address from your nano, that will also then show you what SGB and Flare you are elibigle for from your XRP balance at snapshot time from mid Dec 2020

 

So I check all of my wallets including uphold (which is where my XRP was on 12/20, and they all show that I only had 20 XRP there. If I look at the transactions, I can see me sending to uphold before the deadline, and still bithomp says 20 XRP. 

any suggestions for next steps?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, theGlitchKing said:

 

So I check all of my wallets including uphold (which is where my XRP was on 12/20, and they all show that I only had 20 XRP there. If I look at the transactions, I can see me sending to uphold before the deadline, and still bithomp says 20 XRP. 

any suggestions for next steps?  

Be never used Uphold but I don’t think that is a custodial wallet, sounds like you need to wait for Uphold to fully support Songbird to get your full stash allocated. Probably worth asking them. 
 

“We hold your keys so you don't have to worry about custody. Around 90% of our crypto is held in cold storage.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 11:00 PM, Fireballseven said:

Be never used Uphold but I don’t think that is a custodial wallet, sounds like you need to wait for Uphold to fully support Songbird to get your full stash allocated. Probably worth asking them. 
 

“We hold your keys so you don't have to worry about custody. Around 90% of our crypto is held in cold storage.”

Gotcha, thank you sir!  Will do, and i'll post whatever they say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.