Toomey drives Gensler into a corner

panmores

So senator Toomey has some questions for the record for Gensler. Some of the questions put Gensler in a tight spot. Pressure on the SEC's seemingly intentional ambiguity in the crypto space grows. Game over soon or just more of the same?

Some of the questions are relevant for Ripple.

https://cryptoking.org/crypto-senator-toomey-drives-sec-chair-gensler-into-a-corner/

Did any of the other Senators have any QFR's?  I'd love to see all of them... Kennedy's might be really fun - "1.  My Mama told me that you are not my Daddy.  Why do you insist on acting as though you are my Daddy and everyone else's too? 2.  Are you calling my Mama a liar?  3.  Mama told me never to leave a man flat busted, but I'm considering ignoring Mama's advice in your case;  you feel lucky?"

(Don't let Kennedy fool you, btw...  All of that downhome folksiness read at Oxford;  he just plays 'the dumb Southerner'.)

Edited by NightJanitor

On 9/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, JBW said:

When will Gensler give his answers, do we know that. Maybe he don't need to answer any of this questions. Is that possible?

Given that we're dealing with lawyers, and he can't be that open with the Ripple case ongoing, he'll probably give an answer with no clarity or intelligibility whatsoever. but at the end he'll state that everything is very clear, repeat that he thinks most cryptos are securities, and reiterate that he just wants to protect all of us.

24 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

Given that we're dealing with lawyers, and he can't be that open with the Ripple case ongoing, he'll probably give an answer with no clarity or intelligibility whatsoever. but at the end he'll state that everything is very clear, repeat that he thinks most cryptos are securities, and reiterate that he just wants to protect all of us.

So he don't need to answer any questions in front of the senate any more?