Brad Garlinghouse interview

10 minutes ago, B088IN said:

To be fair he has a lot on his plate at the moment, not knowing how many people are in Deatons representation isn’t that much of a problem in the grand scheme 😉

Ripple seriously needs to invest in a decent PR team.  I don't expect Brad to know everything but that is something he should at least be up on, because rest assured the media cometh and that won't be the last time he hears that question.  It would at least make him look like he gives @$h!t even if he doesn't about the retail investors.  

If you didn't understand the psychology of that question then your missing the point.  The most effected in this case will be the retail investor either for the good or the bad. I definitely don't expect Brad to know everything on the Deaton case but yes he should know something like the numbers being represented.  This question was asked to gauge his feeling for the retail investor.  How can you say the retail investor is being hurt when you exhibit behavior that looks like your not in tune with the retail investor.  Again this doesn't mean your an advocate for the retail investor but it shows that in good faith you understand how this relates to the retail investor!!! I will say it again Ripples PR team is little to nil "No way you let him go on with at the least that information readily available at his finger tips!! If I'm and SEC attorney I just took some key notes from this interview!!  He's being sued by an entity who's mantra is protecting retail investors so when he speaks he needs to know what is going on with the retail investor at a high level at least because those questions will be asked!!

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back

58 minutes ago, B088IN said:

To be fair he has a lot on his plate at the moment, not knowing how many people are in Deatons representation isn’t that much of a problem in the grand scheme 😉

he also has people around him that could prep him for the interview; that means knowing what he wants to say, knowing the sound bites he wants to get across, and checking the facts in your prepared answers are correct.

He introduced the subject, so he was working on his own firm ground, yet he got his facts wrong. His responses were wooly and had no real thread or message.

For three years whilst he was asking SEC for clarity, SEC and Lubin were running rings around him, conspiring against his company and undermining his company, ending in this court case.  How did this happen? Ripple can afford better.

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

he also has people around him that could prep him for the interview; that means knowing what he wants to say, knowing the sound bites he wants to get across, and checking the facts in your prepared answers are correct.

He introduced the subject, so he was working on his own firm ground, yet he got his facts wrong. His responses were wooly and had no real thread or message.

For three years whilst he was asking SEC for clarity, SEC and Lubin were running rings around him, conspiring against his company and undermining his company, ending in this court case.  How did this happen? Ripple can afford better.

Eloquently well stated!!

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yeah, well, live TV is different than, say, posting comments on a forum, where one can go back and edit mistakes.

On an unrelated note, I dunno who started this thread and got the very first word in the title wrong, but, pls edit...

:)

This is a delicate stage of the trial, discovery nearly finished, I reckon Brad had to weigh his words very carefully. Of course he could be much more pointed and aggressive. Why wasn't he? Kind of face-saving for the SEC. No need to humiliate them any further before they sign to those settlement terms. it's not important how you win, but that you win. No need to play for emotions.

2 hours ago, NightJanitor said:

Yeah, well, live TV is different than, say, posting comments on a forum, where one can go back and edit mistakes.

On an unrelated note, I dunno who started this thread and got the very first word in the title wrong, but, pls edit...

:)

Are you saying you're looking for clarity from both this poster and Bad Gardenhose!

Sorry, I work for the SEC, I need to pass this around at least 63 times in email, to get feed back and get the wording correct. Keep in mind at all times, that all this is just my personal opinion though :)

37 minutes ago, HAL1000 said:

Are you saying you're looking for clarity from both this poster and Bad Gardenhose!

Sorry, I work for the SEC, I need to pass this around at least 63 times in email, to get feed back and get the wording correct. Keep in mind at all times, that all this is just my personal opinion though :)

And when I say “we’ve decided this” or this is “our opinion” I’m using the royal “we” like the queen of England and it’s just my individual opinion absolutely no one else’s