A Simple Guide to How Wrapping and Delegating Work

brianwalden

13 hours ago, Fireballseven said:

Have you tried with another provider, FTSO AU definitely works for me in chrome after I sign in to MetaMask in a Google chrome tab running alongside. 

alternatively, install Bifrost wallet on your smartphone and just send some SGB to that new address and delegate within that app. 

my MetaMask is not using ledger, was setup with an import key. 

I too can attest to MM plug-in working just fine, on FTSO AU's very handy website (using Brave browser, btw). 

2 minutes ago, billion said:

I'm wondering does it matter which provider I delegate to and what percentage?

The bifrost app seems to only allow me to delegate to two providers so I split 50% on bifrost Oracle and 50% on FTSO AU. 

Different providers are winning the rewards at different rates.  Visible on this link:   https://flaremetrics.io/ftso

7 minutes ago, billion said:

So it's in my interest to switch over to the highest rate providers, or it's not that simple? 

That’s a good question.  It’s possibly complex though.

It might be simple….  chase the highest.

But it might be that everyone does that so the rewards are diluted.

Also the winning providers might not keep winning in the next epoch.  I would like to understand the mechanics a lot better but know virtually nothing so far.

The other thing to know is that changes made after Thursday’s might be delayed by an additional week.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, djdhrubs said:

Nah. Feel like I'm missing something easy but no luck whatsoever. I connect my ledger to metamask, open ledger live, go to the ethereum app, open it up, it asks me to open device bridge which I do and it connects, on metamask it correctly displays my SGB balance. 

After that I can't do anything. I try to connect to the various FTSO sites. No dice. For example I go to this:-

https://ftso.alexdupre.com/

I click on connect metamask/ dcent etc wallet, metamask asks permission, I click on ok, and then it defaults back to the goddamn same page. It doesn't connect.

I've just updated the eth app on ledger to 1.9.5

You've probably already tried this, just didn't see it listed. I sent my MetaMask SGB to BiFrost for delegating.

When you opening the bridge connection and try to send the SGB to BiFrost, are you confirming the transaction on the physical ledger? I had spinning for a bit with a pending transaction for a bit before I remembered that, and it went through. 

I havent quite got all the cut-off/snapshot timings clear in my head. Say at the moment I have 2 SGB wallets: 1* Metamask and 1 * Bifrost each have a balance of both SGB and WSGB. This came about because I was just experimenting.

I'd rather consolidate all my SGB/WSGB into 1 wallet. Is the process:

- Undelegate all WSGB in sending wallet

- Unwrap those WSGB -> SGB

- Send to receiving wallet

- Wrap

- Delegate

?

If so, what is the best time to do this so I dont miss the snapshot?

2 hours ago, lostInZerp said:

I havent quite got all the cut-off/snapshot timings clear in my head. Say at the moment I have 2 SGB wallets: 1* Metamask and 1 * Bifrost each have a balance of both SGB and WSGB. This came about because I was just experimenting.

I'd rather consolidate all my SGB/WSGB into 1 wallet. Is the process:

- Undelegate all WSGB in sending wallet

- Unwrap those WSGB -> SGB

- Send to receiving wallet

- Wrap

- Delegate

?

If so, what is the best time to do this so I dont miss the snapshot?

You can just take the wallet you want to stop using and directly send the WSGB to the wallet you want. Just make sure you keep a little bit of SGB in that wallet. Delegating is just a declaration that you want whatever WSGB is in your wallet to be counted as a vote for one or two data providers - it doesn't actually move or lock up your WSGB.

The best time to do it is before Thursday. Then the only thing you'll have to do is is claim your rewards for your old wallet on Saturday (this is what you need a little SGB for). If you do it after Thursday you might have to wait until the following Saturday to make one more rewards claim. Once you've done that you can just send your remaining SGB to the wallet you want to keep using and you'll be done with it. If you ever need another wallet for some reason, you can just send more funds to the empty one and start using it again.

16 hours ago, XrpAstronaut said:

You've probably already tried this, just didn't see it listed. I sent my MetaMask SGB to BiFrost for delegating.

When you opening the bridge connection and try to send the SGB to BiFrost, are you confirming the transaction on the physical ledger? I had spinning for a bit with a pending transaction for a bit before I remembered that, and it went through. 

Thanks. Still don’t know what happened but I got it all working using brave browser instead of google chrome.

23 hours ago, brianwalden said:

You can just take the wallet you want to stop using and directly send the WSGB to the wallet you want. Just make sure you keep a little bit of SGB in that wallet. Delegating is just a declaration that you want whatever WSGB is in your wallet to be counted as a vote for one or two data providers - it doesn't actually move or lock up your WSGB.

The best time to do it is before Thursday. Then the only thing you'll have to do is is claim your rewards for your old wallet on Saturday (this is what you need a little SGB for). If you do it after Thursday you might have to wait until the following Saturday to make one more rewards claim. Once you've done that you can just send your remaining SGB to the wallet you want to keep using and you'll be done with it. If you ever need another wallet for some reason, you can just send more funds to the empty one and start using it again.

This worked! Thanks @brianwalden

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope you can help. I delegated my WSGB last Saturday 9/10/21 a few hours after the start of the Epoch. The week has ended and I have 0 rewards to claim? 

Using Bifrost. 

my understanding is you have to delegate before Thursday to be included in the snapshot for the current week to receive the rewards on Saturday?? 

8 minutes ago, Cam1 said:

Hey guys, hope you can help. I delegated my WSGB last Saturday 9/10/21 a few hours after the start of the Epoch. The week has ended and I have 0 rewards to claim? 

Using Bifrost. 

my understanding is you have to delegate before Thursday to be included in the snapshot for the current week to receive the rewards on Saturday?? 

If you delegated after the epoch started then it doesn’t take effect till the next one.  So you will be in the next one.