Where can we get the details?

brianwalden

On 9/23/2021 at 4:05 PM, brianwalden said:

I'm finding out all these new things that weren't in the more abstract white papers and such.

The maximum providers you can delegate for was lowered from 3 to 2.

Any one data data provider's votes are capped at 10% of the total WSGB supply.

You have to claim FTSO rewards and there are minimum and maximum limits on how often you can do so. I think I heard you can claim them up to once per week, but if you don't claim them in 3 months they expire.

What's a reward epoch?

Where's the documentation for these things? I know it may be too technical for everyone, but it would be nice to be able to get an understanding of what's going on.

1 hour ago, xiaoipower said:

is there any info on whether or not we can change our WSGB delegation after a round has started? do we then lose the rewards for that round (roughly 1 week from what i understand)?

This is only my guess, I don't have any documentation, but it looks like they basically take a snapshot a few days before the rewards week begins and that snapshot will reflect your vote for that whole week. So I think you can do whatever you want with your WSGB after the snapshot and still get the rewards for that week. EDIT: But if you change your delegation it won't go into effect until the following week. But this is just my best guess.

Edited by brianwalden

17 hours ago, xiaoipower said:

is there any info on whether or not we can change our WSGB delegation after a round has started? do we then lose the rewards for that round (roughly 1 week from what i understand)?

Why would you change before you know the results?

And it’s a genuine, non-biased question. I’m seeing it a lot, everyone wanting to know how soon they can change their delegation.

I’d sit tight, and monitor things until all of these questions are answered. Moving delegation prematurely and missing a weeks rewards chasing greener grass could be more detrimental than staying put.

15 hours ago, FTSO_AU said:

Answering my own question. Now the rewards are starting to be known, and the results are showing some significant differences, I would still suggest holding off a few days.

Your current rewards will still be calculated on the decision you made at the snapshot ~Thursday. Changing now might only incur fees if you decide to change again before the next snapshot.

All Signal Providers will be reviewing data and making changes, so the results will move around a bit over the next few days.

Don’t be too hasty.

12 minutes ago, FTSO_AU said:

Answering my own question. Now the rewards are starting to be known, and the results are showing some significant differences, I would still suggest holding off a few days.

Your current rewards will still be calculated on the decision you made at the snapshot ~Thursday. Changing now might only incur fees if you decide to change again before the next snapshot.

All Signal Providers will be reviewing data and making changes, so the results will move around a bit over the next few days.

Don’t be too hasty.

Where can we see current rewards?

16 hours ago, FTSO_AU said:

And it’s a genuine, non-biased question. I’m seeing it a lot, everyone wanting to know how soon they can change their delegation.

I’d sit tight, and monitor things until all of these questions are answered. Moving delegation prematurely and missing a weeks rewards chasing greener grass could be more detrimental than staying put.

No particular reason - I just wanted to better understand the delegation mechanism 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.