Earning rewards through Songbird (coming very soon)

Seoulite

3 hours ago, brianwalden said:

So what I see right now Bifrost is earning twice as much as FTSO-AU which is earning 3 times as much as FTSO-EU.

I was not expecting that level of disparity.

I have those two as well, but AU was only ~ 20% more than EU. 

Might take a few weeks for things to stabilize ?

4 hours ago, Fireballseven said:

Around 2.6% yield for me so far if I’m calculating it right - rewards / delegated amount x 100. FTSO AU and FTSO UK

But that is over a period that is not a day and not a week isn’t it?

So it’s only if you take the rewards over a full week (EDIT: or other known period) that you will know the APY.

Edited by BillyOckham

37 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

But that is over a period that is not a day and not a week isn’t it?

So it’s only if you take the rewards over a full week (EDIT: or other known period) that you will know the APY.

Yeah, just a current estimate for that time. It’s now 3.8% for me per my delegated burds 

5 hours ago, brianwalden said:

So what I see right now Bifrost is earning twice as much as FTSO-AU which is earning 3 times as much as FTSO-EU.

where can you see this? I'm delegating with best-FTSO but so far looks like I've earned around 5% (staked for three days now)

Edited by Xrpdude

8 hours ago, brianwalden said:

With proof of stake the larger pools find blocks more often but the rewards is split between more accounts. When the smaller pools find a block, they share that block with less accounts and the rewards are higher. In the long run it evens out. 

example pool A has 50% the vote and pool B has only 1% of the vote. 

Say you had 1% of the potential voting power. 

If you vote for pool A, you receive 2% of every second block. 

If you vote for pool B you receive 50% of every 50th block 

Either way works out to 1% of the rewards given enough time 

edit:
A median vote like sgb may work differently. 

The larger pools have more voting power and are more likely to win the 50% median vote. 

example if a pool had 51% of the vote, it would receive all the rewards. 

this may be why a test network was launched. Voting power could become highly centralised.

Edited by jargoman

6 hours ago, Fireballseven said:

Yeah, just a current estimate for that time. It’s now 3.8% for me per my delegated burds 

I have about 0.63% after around 17.5 hours of this rewards epoch. If maintained that would be 6% in a week.

Provider performance is varying widely. I spread my delegation over six, with multiple wallets. Scandinodes leads Bifrost by quite a margin.