Earning rewards through Songbird (coming very soon)

Seoulite

12 hours ago, Seoulite said:

So does this mean if you delegate you then to keep the tokens delegated for that epoch and not move them to get the full rewards? If you remove them earlier will you get partial rewards? This is very much like staking but without a lock.

4 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Who knows,  but it seems to me that Thursday is the lock in and Saturday is the start and end of the epoch.  So each Sunday through Wednesday you can claim the previous weeks rewards and warp them into your existing delegation.

If you delay and do it after the lock on Thursday….   it just means that on that reward amount (which might only be small) you won’t be earning for a week.  Big deal.  You’ll still be earning on the main amount you’ve delegated.  

But having said that it sounds pretty easy to just claim sometime between Sunday and Wednesday and that’s as optimal as you can get.

I just read through 100's of Discord messages looking for clarity on this and I found this from Flare team member Tom:

"Let’s say you delegate to FTSO_xyz before the voting power lock and are eligible for rewards beginning Saturday. If you decide on Tuesday to change/undelegate from FTSO_xyz and delegate to FTSO_ABC instead, you are fixed to FTSO_xyz until the end of that rewards epoch. The system then switches to FTSO_ABC at the beginning of that next rewards epoch.
Any rewards accumulated while “fixed” to FTSO_xyz, you keep. But you do not earn rewards with FTSO_ABC until the next rewards epoch begins. 

Switching delegation keeps you ‘fixed’ to the initial data provider you chose while you continue to earn any rewards with them for the remainder of the week. You are not eligible to earn rewards with the newly chosen provider until a new rewards epoch begins."

41 minutes ago, Tull said:

I just read through 100's of Discord messages looking for clarity on this and I found this from Flare team member Tom:

"Let’s say you delegate to FTSO_xyz before the voting power lock and are eligible for rewards beginning Saturday. If you decide on Tuesday to change/undelegate from FTSO_xyz and delegate to FTSO_ABC instead, you are fixed to FTSO_xyz until the end of that rewards epoch. The system then switches to FTSO_ABC at the beginning of that next rewards epoch.
Any rewards accumulated while “fixed” to FTSO_xyz, you keep. But you do not earn rewards with FTSO_ABC until the next rewards epoch begins. 

Switching delegation keeps you ‘fixed’ to the initial data provider you chose while you continue to earn any rewards with them for the remainder of the week. You are not eligible to earn rewards with the newly chosen provider until a new rewards epoch begins."

2976A773-853F-49C3-AAF5-12E5AD73B735.png

42 minutes ago, Tull said:

Good clarity, so Tuesday would be a good day, any given week, to switch and delegate on a new provider. Maybe. Perhaps. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Fireballseven said:

Good clarity, so Tuesday would be a good day, any given week, to switch and delegate on a new provider. Maybe. Perhaps. Who knows. 

Guys perhaps I’m missing something but I don’t understand why there is any angst or confusion.  It seems clear to me.

-  So long as you claim within a month you won’t lose your reward.
-  Any change takes effect in the epoch following the lock-in.  
-  If you claim,  then wrap,  every week you are getting the maximum compounding interest.
-  Weekly on any day Sunday through Wednesday is the optimal claim then wrap days. 
-  You don’t need to repeat delegate once you have set your delegation, newly wrapped rewards will be auto-delegated in the proportions you set.

Perhaps I’m missing something but that seems simple and clear to me.

Edited by BillyOckham

3 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Guys perhaps I’m missing something but I don’t understand why there is any angst or confusion.  It seems clear to me.

-  If you claim,  then wrap,  every week you are getting the maximum compounding interest.
-  Weekly on any day Sunday through Wednesday is the optimal claim then wrap days. 
-  You don’t need to repeat delegate once you have set your delegation, newly wrapped rewards will be auto-delegated in the proportions you set.

I agree I think once it all starts up it will be relatively simple, things always seem more complex in the abstract.

I think people are worrying about which provider to delegate to to maximise return. Over time it will become clearer and no doubt people will do lots of complex calculations around it, but I think brian had it right when he said most will win most of the time but some will win a bit more than others. I think if you are delegating to one of the main providers you are likely to get the lion's share of what you can get. I personally don't see myself chopping and changing a whole lot, especially in the beginning when we don't have much data. 

I think the better returns (and which will require more knowledge and finesse) will come with things like Flare Finance, Trustline, etc. That's where the real calculations can make a difference. The FTSO is more like a regular savings account, designed to accrue at a steady and stable rate. If you want to strike it rich through playing the market, FF will be where it is at I think.

25 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

In other news...  

I just checked out Bitrue, and SGB is listed under Assets, with only the "Deposit" option clickable. 
That UI page does provide the meta data for sending some SGB tokens to my account (not tested it yet). 

There is of course, no trading yet (prolly after the 27th cut-off date?) 

yes i saw a tweet that you can start to deposit and that trade starts with usdt and xrp pairs from the 27th

11 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Yeah, it’s a little clearer now although I am still seeing goalposts shift…reward time scale is now up to 90 days from 30 days, so all good. 

57B022E6-C301-4678-AB4A-2D1BF8A3005F.png