Bifrost Wallet is out

brianwalden

5 minutes ago, B088IN said:

This is obviously for passive income from SGB so are you putting nearly all into wrapped wsgb or are you leaving any unwrapped and selling?

Nearly all wrapped.  Not selling any.  I expect wild swings for the first day or so.

I’m holding for long term.  Not going to trade dips etc.

So the max you could delegate to was supposed to be 3, but Flare reduced it to 2 for performance reasons.

It may be helpful to think of wrapping and delegating as two separate things.

SGB as the base token of the ledger isn't smart. All wrapping does is basically turn it into a smart token. SGB can pay transaction fees (so save a at least one - that'll be enough for 15-20 transactions), but can't be used with smart contracts in the way that other ERC-20 type tokens can. WSGB is smart, but can't be used to pay transaction fees. You can wrap and unwrap as much as you want, the only cost is the transaction fee (currently around .05 - .06 SGB).

Vote delegation doesn't remove any WSGB from your wallet or lock it up. It just tells the voting smart contract that you want X% of the WSGB in your wallet to count as a vote for provider A and Y% to count as a vote for provider B. For each round of voting the smart contact just looks up how much WSGB is in your wallet and delegates that many votes in the way you instructed. If you spend or unwrap some WSGB, you'll have less votes in the next round. And if you receive or wrap more, you'll have more votes. You don't have to do anything to change your vote delegation as your WSGB balance changes. It really is set it and forget it - and I can't find any reason not to do it unless you're worried about taxes. It's basically risk-free passive income on any WSGB that you're just holding.

28 minutes ago, Fireballseven said:

Thanks for the help @brianwalden I managed to get to my Songbird via Metamask extension then shipped some of them to BiFrost, wrapped them then did 2 delegates for 50% on both for 1100, leaving a balance for fees. 

any ideas where one does to check delegated token status? Never done smart contracts before. Edit - found them in menu-delegate 

07914637-3804-49A4-BE10-376846ADA89F.png

1 hour ago, Fireballseven said:

Thanks for the help @brianwalden I managed to get to my Songbird via Metamask extension then shipped some of them to BiFrost, wrapped them then did 2 delegates for 50% on both for 1100, leaving a balance for fees. 

any ideas where one does to check delegated token status? Never done smart contracts before. 

07914637-3804-49A4-BE10-376846ADA89F.png

Yeah, click those 3 dots next to "RECEIVE". That'll bring up a few options and select "Delegate". That will show you your current delegations and let you manage them.

4 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Does this actually mean the rewards start tomorrow? Do we have a confirmation?

From the wording it absolutely seems like that doesn’t it? “Reward epoch” “make sure you are delegated”. Since Bifrost is already available to the public I’m not sure what else it could mean.

7 hours ago, Seoulite said:

From the wording it absolutely seems like that doesn’t it? “Reward epoch” “make sure you are delegated”. Since Bifrost is already available to the public I’m not sure what else it could mean.

The network is still in observation mode, isn't it? So it could all be reset at any moment before the 27th. Which would mean any rewards gained would be lost. I'm not clear whether or not we get to keep them if the network is not reset before the 27th.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.