What do you think?

Herbalist

yeah sure im invested heaviliy too mane i cant **** up this investment allin balls deep inzo xrp but idgaf im pretty sure xrp is going to succeed 

but what i was thinking i mean whatever happens innovation stays right?

so for example that if wef great reset shit fails and i dont know people wake up to the corruption in governments etc and somehow central banks get ****** do you think the innovation of a fast money transfer and settling network built by those bankers would stay?

That’s a lot of whatifs, if it got to that stage, it wouldn’t happen over night and you’d have plenty of time to look at your options. 
Anything in finance takes years to change, a reset as you put it, isn’t going to happen over the weekend if at all. It will be a gradual succession controlled via the banks and governments. 

This narrative is all wrong. If you look at the XRPL as a tool, it's localist's dream. It allows the smallest groups, right down to individuals to issue their own currency and make a market for it so that it can be connected to the entire ecosystem. Just look at RipplePay, the conceptual inspiration for the XRPL - it was all about localism, not globalism. The ledger puts everyone with an account on equal footing - it's the opposite of a globalist agenda.

Ripple, the company, is working with huge international banks so are inherently globalist given the nature of their business. Bank robbers rob banks because that's where the money is, Ripple works with international financial institutions because that's where the liquidity is. The banks are looking at profits over the next decade - they don't see that DLT adoption is going to hollow them out in 50 years.

8 hours ago, brianwalden said:

The banks are looking at profits over the next decade - they don't see that DLT adoption is going to hollow them out in 50 years.

(Ignoring completely the "herbalist" comments trying to tie XRP to wef, great reset, etc, etc - and responding only to your comment about domestic US banks, aside from the moneycenter banks):

The funny thing is, it's the same adoption cycle as the internet.  Last time around, the banks were "oh no, internet bank is going to eat our lunch" - now they all have online portals, get all kinds of cost-savings and ancillary benefits - and had so long to adopt-up/invest-in that they've all made 1000x more money by going along with new tech rather than fighting against it...

There was some sort of airport book that was popular in that business class set ~15 years ago (Who Moved My Cheese?) about institutional resistance to change (I assume it was about that (God knows I don't go book shopping in airports)) but the point is the same.  All the time and money they spend fighting DLT is just that much less net profit they'll make on it in long term.

It's not selling out - it's buying in...  Do the smaller banks want to keep having to pay for the privilege of providing services to their customers - sort of a tax paid to huge banks - or not?

In my experience, banks hate upgrading anything - but if you can show them savings+profit, they're... a little more open to it... especially if it gives them a chance to take on the big guys, who've sort of got a stranglehold on the smaller/regional banks, as it is, on certain services...

(small/regional US banks and CU's ought to look at this as like a "vampire-squid tentacle removal kit"...)

Edited by NightJanitor

banks have enough business with trusts & estates alone to stay relevant for generations (at least one).  JPM for example has 6 major LOBs, perhaps they lose two of them to technological innovation and new competition.  The great reset has done a tone of damage to the real estate market, a market JPM for example has been heavily invested in.  If you want a conspiracy try this... JPM wants employees to go back to the office because they own the building and the space is expensive - with no foot traffic, the value goes down meaning their collateral and balance sheets are affected.  Why would a big bank, entrenched in the deep state and pivotal to the great reset amputate half their books? Perhaps you have an easy answer that proves this globalist narrative. 

12 minutes ago, RobertStrong said:

If you want a conspiracy try this... JPM wants employees to go back to the office because they own the building and the space is expensive - with no foot traffic, the value goes down meaning their collateral and balance sheets are affected.

This is very key, and hardly conspiratorial in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, NightJanitor said:

(Ignoring completely the "herbalist" comments trying to tie XRP to wef, great reset, etc, etc - and responding only to your comment about domestic US banks, aside from the moneycenter banks):

The funny thing is, it's the same adoption cycle as the internet.  Last time around, the banks were "oh no, internet bank is going to eat our lunch" - now they all have online portals, get all kinds of cost-savings and ancillary benefits - and had so long to adopt-up/invest-in that they've all made 1000x more money by going along with new tech rather than fighting against it...

There was some sort of airport book that was popular in that business class set ~15 years ago (Who Moved My Cheese?) about institutional resistance to change (I assume it was about that (God knows I don't go book shopping in airports)) but the point is the same.  All the time and money they spend fighting DLT is just that much less net profit they'll make on it in long term.

It's not selling out - it's buying in...  Do the smaller banks want to keep having to pay for the privilege of providing services to their customers - sort of a tax paid to huge banks - or not?

In my experience, banks hate upgrading anything - but if you can show them savings+profit, they're... a little more open to it... especially if it gives them a chance to take on the big guys, who've sort of got a stranglehold on the smaller/regional banks, as it is, on certain services...

(small/regional US banks and CU's ought to look at this as like a "vampire-squid tentacle removal kit"...)

Nailed it. I remember that book also.

I view the IoV as Humanity upgrading and improving the key tool we use to work together (money) and I view working together in large groups as the key advantage we have other other species, so net result is the IoV will make Humanity's key strength even stronger.

5ace9dd243e4d_networkoffirms.jpg.8b166ae8c7a4de8cfa48194d32857a3e.jpg

Edited by KarmaCoverage