Songbird (SGB) tokens are here

Stedas

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Some quick newb questions:

1) I did my xrp snap-shot for the flare distribution using Binance.com. When I login to Binance, I don't see any sign of anything related to FLR. Should I? Or has that all been delayed due to getting song bird off the ground. 

2) How will I receive my FLR? If Binance.com decided to participate in the air drop, will SGB tokens just appear in my Binance wallet?

3) If Binance.com does not participate in the air drop, does that basically mean I'll be forced to go the Ledger route, as is being discussed in this thread? 

1) Binance can't show any actions related to your due FLR because that network is not been launched yet.

2) They will either provide custody for your FLR, or ask you to convey to them an address to transfer your tokens into. AFAIK Binance . com is still "undecided" if they will support SGB or not.

3) Binance will receive their tranche of FLR into their Flare network account. If they decide to just keep it, you will be shit outta luck (doubtful they'd do this of course, talk about a PR disaster heh).

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Some quick newb questions:

1) I did my xrp snap-shot for the flare distribution using Binance.com. When I login to Binance, I don't see any sign of anything related to FLR. Should I? Or has that all been delayed due to getting song bird off the ground. 

2) How will I receive my FLR? If Binance.com decided to participate in the air drop, will SGB tokens just appear in my Binance wallet?

3) If Binance.com does not participate in the air drop, does that basically mean I'll be forced to go the Ledger route, as is being discussed in this thread? 

1) FLR is delayed, airdrops haven't started yet.

2) Binance is participating in the Flare airdrop, you'll get your airdrop through them but how they do it will be up to them.

3) Binance hasn't made up its mind if it's going to distribute the SGB airdrop. If it doesn't, you're out of luck. You can only use your Ledger if your XRP was in your own wallet, not an exchange for the airdrop.

3 hours ago, Ripley said:

Sean Rowan posted a video Twitter with blocks generated every ~300 ms. These are likely to just be teething issues. For example, the network could have been configured so there need to be a minimum number of transactions per block until a “timeout” occurs. I expect block times to change once they open up the network from the observation mode.

Is it possible that it’s just because there aren’t that many transactions? People can’t do anything with their tokens yet and many are reluctant to even move them because of the possibility of a reset.

I sent some tokens to my brother and it was done in a few seconds. Once activity picks up I’m expecting it to just to rev up.

4 hours ago, brianwalden said:

MetaMask is weird, once you've got a wallet set up, you can only am import more by secret key, but if you exit out of it, you can import by recovery phrase. Log out of your existing MetaMask wallet (but first make sure you have your recovery phrase if you ever want to get back into that address). Then when it asks you if your want to import or create a new wallet, choose import. It will let you use your recovery phrase there.

I tried logging out and then going back in and I never got an option to use a recovery phrase; just the private key. 

6 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

I tried logging out and then going back in and I never got an option to use a recovery phrase; just the private key. 

Maybe it's reset, not log out. You can delete and re-download it to start over from the beginning. I did this to import an address from my Bifrost wallet into my MetaMask Chrome extension and that worked for me - it let me import using the recovery phrase.

1 minute ago, Live4xrp said:

Hi @brianwalden@Flintstone@RambeauTeasebox@BillyOckham Thanks for suggestions!... I better wait till 27th... Meanwhile still interested if there's anyone here who did the Wietse Wind Xumm 'trick' -> MEW wallet to claim sparks... Always open to advice ;-)

I used wietse's tool but with a MetaMask wallet. It's really the address that matters, if you've got the recovery phrase it should be easy to import it into any wallet.

If you just want to wait a few days, I know you can import a wallet into Bifrost using the recovery phrase. Once the full version comes out it will just work with Flare. Just import your wallet and you're good to go. No having to fuss with setting up the network or anything.

20 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Is it possible that it’s just because there aren’t that many transactions? People can’t do anything with their tokens yet and many are reluctant to even move them because of the possibility of a reset.

I sent some tokens to my brother and it was done in a few seconds. Once activity picks up I’m expecting it to just to rev up.

Yep. That’s what I meant by minimum txns per block.

8 hours ago, Live4xrp said:

Grrrr.... Still struggling... So if I understand you correctlt, I can NOT import my MEW-eth address directly into MM...Is asking for a string of 32 characters while I have 42 ;-))...Hmmm, I'm missing something...

Is there someone in the house who did the Wietse Wind claim 'trick' (Claim Sparks via XUMM) as well and is experiencing the same struggle/

yes, me 🙋‍♂️ you need to paste your MEW private key into MM but MEW wont let us see or export our private keys - 

"MEW wallet utilizes multi-layer encryption and isolation to keep your keys safely stored away locally in your device. Your keys are heavily encrypted and completely separate from the outside world.

That means no one has access to them, including you."

https://kb.myetherwallet.com/en/mewwallet/mewwallet-private-key/

6 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

For those that want the easiest option…   the Bifrost wallet will be available in the next week I hear.

If you have your 24 word seed mnemonic, then you simply download Bifrost and import that mnemonic.   Seems easier for the tech challenged than other options.

I’m not sure that Bifrost supports 24 word seed phrases. I’m sure I read that a while back somewhere.

Edit: Talking out of my backside :crazy:

Edited by Flintstone

5 hours ago, Live4xrp said:

Hi @brianwalden@Flintstone@RambeauTeasebox@BillyOckham Thanks for suggestions!... I better wait till 27th... Meanwhile still interested if there's anyone here who did the Wietse Wind Xumm 'trick' -> MEW wallet to claim sparks... Always open to advice ;-)

Courtesy of Tom T from Flare Network Telegram:

🛠MY ETHER WALLET (MEW) ETH MESSAGE KEY USERS🛠

For members who used a MEW Ethereum address as the message key in their self XRP custody wallets to claim their $FLR/$SGB, follow the steps below to access and interact with you $SGB tokens 👇🏼

1️⃣Users will need to import the seed phrases from their MEW Ethereum address into a Songbird supported wallet of their choosing, such as D’cent, Bifrost wallet, Trezor T, or Metamask

2️⃣To accomplish this using Metamask, do the following:

- Open Metamask (mobile is fine) or create a new account and login

- Click ‘Account’ at the top left hand side of your screen

- Select ‘Import Account’

- Enter your 12 - 24 mnemonic seed phrases from your MEW ETH address

- Click ‘Import’

You then need to connect to the Songbird Network in Metamask using the instructions below:

a. Open Metamask wallet and login, if you haven’t already

b. Go to ‘Settings’

c. Click ‘Networks, Add/Edit Custom RPC Networks

d. Click ‘Add Network’

e. In the Network Name block input- Songbird

f. In the RPC URL block input- https://songbird.towolabs.com/rpc

g. In the Chain ID block input- 19

h. In the Symbol block input- SGB

i. In the Block Explorer block input- https://songbird.explorer.flare.network

j. Click ‘Add’

k. Songbird wallet will display and show SGB token amount

Edited by Flintstone

10 hours ago, Flintstone said:

Courtesy of Tom T from Flare Network Telegram:

🛠MY ETHER WALLET (MEW) ETH MESSAGE KEY USERS🛠

For members who used a MEW Ethereum address as the message key in their self XRP custody wallets to claim their $FLR/$SGB, follow the steps below to access and interact with you $SGB tokens 👇🏼

1️⃣Users will need to import the seed phrases from their MEW Ethereum address into a Songbird supported wallet of their choosing, such as D’cent, Bifrost wallet, Trezor T, or Metamask

2️⃣To accomplish this using Metamask, do the following:

- Open Metamask (mobile is fine) or create a new account and login

- Click ‘Account’ at the top left hand side of your screen

- Select ‘Import Account’

- Enter your 12 - 24 mnemonic seed phrases from your MEW ETH address

- Click ‘Import’

You then need to connect to the Songbird Network in Metamask using the instructions below:

a. Open Metamask wallet and login, if you haven’t already

b. Go to ‘Settings’

c. Click ‘Networks, Add/Edit Custom RPC Networks

d. Click ‘Add Network’

e. In the Network Name block input- Songbird

f. In the RPC URL block input- https://songbird.towolabs.com/rpc

g. In the Chain ID block input- 19

h. In the Symbol block input- SGB

i. In the Block Explorer block input- https://songbird.explorer.flare.network

j. Click ‘Add’

k. Songbird wallet will display and show SGB token amount

Thanks @Flintstone, much appreciated.....I tried as described...This is the msg I get : Cannot convert string to buffer. toBuffer only supports 0x-prefixed hex strings and this string was given: Deleted while part of 24 mnemonic seed phrases.

3 minutes ago, Live4xrp said:

Thanks @Flintstone, much appreciated.....I tried as described...This is the msg I get : Cannot convert string to buffer. toBuffer only supports 0x-prefixed hex strings and this string was given: Deleted while part of 24 mnemonic seed phrases.

Hmmm, not sure what’s up.

I used MEW for my claim and all I did was just downloaded MetaMask, so a fresh wallet and Imported the seed phrase.

Have you tried importing to D’Cent?