Songbird (SGB) tokens are here

Stedas

I did some quick tests.

It seems the transactions are taking 8-10 seconds to go through. Way slower than AVAX or Solana. I don't know the technicalities of Songbird, but do you think there are some limitations in the current network?

8 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I set things up for Flare. Does that mean I'm set up for this too? I'll wait for a Nano app

Yes, if you claimed the Flare airdrop the SGB is already in your wallet just waiting for you to access it.

The Nano app is out: https://docs.flare.network/en/tutorials/wallets/how-to-access-flare-network-with-a-ledger-device

I've heard you need to make sure your Nano is updated before the Songbird app will work.

The Songbird network is basically barely functional right now. You can connect to your wallet and maybe send tokens to other wallets you own but that's about it. More functionality should be coming in the next days and weeks.

4 hours ago, tulo said:

I did some quick tests.

It seems the transactions are taking 8-10 seconds to go through. Way slower than AVAX or Solana. I don't know the technicalities of Songbird, but do you think there are some limitations in the current network?

I did the same, and it seemed to be about that speed to me just based on the response from Metamask. But watching the block explorer as I submitted transactions via Metamask, it appeared to be just a couple seconds, with another 5 seconds or so before I would get a push notification from Metamask.

Hi, I am trying to install the Songbird App on the Ledger Nano S but I just can't find it in the App Catalog. Followed this guide https://docs.flare.network/en/tutorials/wallets/how-to-access-flare-network-with-a-ledger-device, so I made sure to install the latest Ledger firmware (2.0.0) and the latest version of the Ledger Ethereum app (1.9.4), but Songbird is still not available. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? 

52 minutes ago, User1463729 said:

Hi, I am trying to install the Songbird App on the Ledger Nano S but I just can't find it in the App Catalog. Followed this guide https://docs.flare.network/en/tutorials/wallets/how-to-access-flare-network-with-a-ledger-device, so I made sure to install the latest Ledger firmware (2.0.0) and the latest version of the Ledger Ethereum app (1.9.4), but Songbird is still not available. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? 

6 hours ago, RambeauTeasebox said:

I did the same, and it seemed to be about that speed to me just based on the response from Metamask. But watching the block explorer as I submitted transactions via Metamask, it appeared to be just a couple seconds, with another 5 seconds or so before I would get a push notification from Metamask.

@tulo - It's likely the MetaMask app has a fixed polling rate to ping the network for any new updates from your network's ledger account. I did a quick check of MM's settings, and see no option to alter its sampling rate.

35 minutes ago, princesultan said:

I already set things up from flare a while back. Perhaps I’ll just leave these tokens sitting there until one day when they may be actually worth something. Any harm there?

No.  That’s fine.  You will be missing out on the rewards for delegating a vote to the FTSO providers but that may not amount to much.  Or it might.

But no harm in doing nothing. 

4 hours ago, princesultan said:

Ich habe schon vor einiger Zeit Sachen von Flare aufgebaut. Vielleicht lasse ich diese Token einfach so liegen, bis sie eines Tages tatsächlich etwas wert sind. Irgendein Schaden da?

You have no harm in doing so. But I wouldn't just let it lie. I would delegate. This is how you help the network. And get another reward.

16 hours ago, User1463729 said:

1) Go to Settings -> Experimental Features and enable "developer mode"

2) If you have installed previously Flare app you need to remove it before installing SGB

3) Close and reopen the Ledger live