Ripple team going for all out victory?

Julian_Williams

Getting fun. It's the only thing they would ever say to a reporter at this stage of events. But the fun part is that the heat is starting to turn WAY up on the SEC. Like others have said, just wait for other news outlets to peep the twitter activity and attention that Gasparino is getting. The hungry reporters will start to circle like vultures. 

3 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Let’s say this is in fact true and it goes to court, what does that do to the timeframe as an end of this saga?

I don't even know if there is value on putting an end date on this anymore. It absolutely sucks, but at the same time I am happy to be a part of what I think is a really important fight. Even if non-XRP holders do not want to admit that. 

9 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Let’s say this is in fact true and it goes to court, what does that do to the timeframe as an end of this saga?

I think it depends. If the discovery phase fully convinces the SEC that Ripple's position is very strong, then it might force the SEC to offer Ripple full regulatory clarity, sooner than we think.

11 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Summary judgement comes before trial, and is usual at the end of the discovery period.   mid November onwards - Before Xmas?

Summary judgement outcome is now looking very good for ripple.

15 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

Getting fun. It's the only thing they would ever say to a reporter at this stage of events. But the fun part is that the heat is starting to turn WAY up on the SEC. Like others have said, just wait for other news outlets to peep the twitter activity and attention that Gasparino is getting. The hungry reporters will start to circle like vultures. 

Birds Vulture GIF by BBC America

3 minutes ago, B088IN said:

I don’t believe that ripple isn’t actively seeking settlement. If it offers what they want from it why wouldn’t they. 

I agree with you - they're lawyers, they'll settle for the right price. On the other hand, Ripple has settled with the US government before and look where that got them? They've been preparing for this lawsuit since literally before they launched. Ripple's price to settle is going to be very high.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think it depends. If the discovery phase fully convinces the SEC that Ripple's position is very strong, then it might force the SEC to offer Ripple full regulatory clarity, sooner than we think.

SEC cannot afford to lose on summary judgement on Fair Notice, because such a verdict would render them toothless to prosecute anyone in crypto for a long time.  So SEC have to end this before the end of discovery, or date scheduled for summary judgement after discovery.  The later they leave to settle the more Ripple can squeeze out of them, so SEC must now be in a race against time to settle this case.

Also the longer this case goes on the more information there is out there for other crypto teams to use in their own fair notice defences.  SEC is in a very deep hole..and now the media is picking up on teh corruption inside SEC!

5 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

And remind me...is summary judgement when/if the judge determines that she has enough info to make a ruling WITHOUT going to trial?

As I understand it yes, the judge will/must let it go on until the end of discovery.  Otherwise SEC might appeal it was not a fair trial.