Claim SGB-Need help

I know it’s stupid to ask but pretending to know something I actually don’t won’t solve my problem. So I will still ask this question…

I was told I self custody the wallet of which I have the secret key, but there are only a few cryptocurrency shown on the interface of Gatehub.

SGB will be on the Canary network which I don’t have much knowledge of. How will I possibly check how much SGB I have received and if I would like to trade some of them what should I do?

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, lizshadehdg said:

I know it’s stupid to ask but pretending to know something I actually don’t won’t solve my problem. So I will still ask this question…

I was told I self custody the wallet of which I have the secret key, but there are only a few cryptocurrency shown on the interface of Gatehub.

SGB will be on the Canary network which I don’t have much knowledge of. How will I possibly check how much SGB I have received and if I would like to trade some of them what should I do?

Thanks a lot!

Is the Ethereum address that you used to claim the airdrop also in Gatehub? Sorry, I haven't used them in years, I don't know if they support Ethereum now or not?

The secret key or recovery phrase from your Ethereum wallet is what you want. You can use that to import your address into a wallet that can connect to the Songbird network. The simplest thing will be to import it into the Bifrost Wallet. You can sign up for Bifrost's beta program now and get their app and test it out. If you import your recovery phrase, you'll see that your Ethereum address will be the same as in Gatehub. Once Songbird launches, Bifrost will support it and your SGB balance will show up in your wallet.

Ethereum address can not be the same as in gatehub, they use/ give user Ether IOU!

For Flare airdrop they use/give Spark  IOU!

as far as i understand, they do not provide private keys for Flare airdrop….

but they may facilitate Songbird airdrop as well I guess ( they consider it I believe ) - but it probably will be an IOU as well! 
;) 

Here is my update:

I emailed Gatehub because I recalled I was  told in this forum that my XRPL wallet is a self custody wallet. So I asked them do I still need to wait for them to decide if they will participate in the distribution if my wallet is a sulf custody wallet. But they responded like a robot saying we haven't got any news of this matter blah blah... 

The first two letters of my flare wallet are the same as that of my ether wallet. So I guess they are the same type. I could not remember precisely but both of them start with “rh”? 

I don't think I was given any key when I claimed my spark token:boredom: That’s the tricky part. Or I didn't save it when Inwas given the key, which  sounds very disastrous…

Bitstamp is very likely to participate the SGB distribution. 

@lizshadehdg

Even though your Gatehub wallet is self-custody (as in, you have access to the key), if you used Gatehub's built-in method for claiming Spark, then you will not have custody of the Spark when it's dropped, as the message key will have been set to point to one of Gatehub's own FLR wallets. The idea is that Gatehub will issue your share of Spark to your Gatehub wallet in the form of IOUs.

This means that your SGB will end up in the same FLR wallet (controlled by Gatehub), so it's up to them whether they also issue SGB IOUs, or not. It's possible that they may choose some other method such as allowing you to specify your own FLR address for them to send SGB to directly, but it's out of your hands until they decide.

On the other hand, if when claiming, you instead took your XRP secret key and used an external tool like XRP Toolkit to set your own FLR address, then that is where the Spark and SGB will go, and you will have control over it. It sounds like you didn't do this though.

9 hours ago, at3n said:

@lizshadehdg

Even though your Gatehub wallet is self-custody (as in, you have access to the key), if you used Gatehub's built-in method for claiming Spark, then you will not have custody of the Spark when it's dropped, as the message key will have been set to point to one of Gatehub's own FLR wallets. The idea is that Gatehub will issue your share of Spark to your Gatehub wallet in the form of IOUs.

This means that your SGB will end up in the same FLR wallet (controlled by Gatehub), so it's up to them whether they also issue SGB IOUs, or not. It's possible that they may choose some other method such as allowing you to specify your own FLR address for them to send SGB to directly, but it's out of your hands until they decide.

On the other hand, if when claiming, you instead took your XRP secret key and used an external tool like XRP Toolkit to set your own FLR address, then that is where the Spark and SGB will go, and you will have control over it. It sounds like you didn't do this though.

Thank you, that’s very helpful. I claimed my spark on Gatehub. At least so know next time that I have another option.:)