Why I believe xrp is heading back down to sub 40p

13 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

I really think XRPL tech is awesome and deserves to be at the top, but the baggage Ripple brings is just immense.

I agree with you, Ripple has taken on the fight of disrupting a trillion dollar industry that has political sway throughout the US and much of the ex colonial world. That will never be easy. But we do have to counter that negative impact to XRP price, with the importance of the immerging eastern economic dominance.

The key choice for me is how long do I wait to sell, is it at a reasonable multi bagger profit, or the hope of a $10 xrp which we would all dream is possible although don’t know in what timescale.

I find the sentiment here funny. Reminds me of posts where one would tell people that the price is going to plummet at the very top beginning of 2018. The post got sh*t on so hard even though it ended being completely correct.

I'm not saying this post has any point but the forum is very biased towards positive thinking :P 

8 hours ago, ConorMcGregor said:

I believe xrp is going to plummet in the next few weeks...

I hope I'm wrong and we get a huge bull run...

So, what is it? Did you sell because you think it's going to plummet? OR didn't you and are you hoping for a bull run? If you didn't sell, why not? It's going to plummet, right?

Since OP is a UFC fighter take into account the amount of brain damage one received during the career. I myself have sustained multi-skull fractures and it takes a while to recover. Yes xrp could plummet. As mentioned above tether, a poor outcome of the SEC trail, or a some major bitcoin hack that scares the " insert explecitive" out of the market. Do I think that will happen no. If it does I will buy more and if we go that far down I'll hope for another 10 cent range load the f up. If SEC case goes well or is settled then dare I say it, never see 40 cents again. Now time to find out who is superstitious.

5 hours ago, Ripley said:

I think it is possible that a judgement could be in the nature of "there is active law making process going on, so find out a way to work together here instead of creating law through enforcement" or something. There is a legal term describing this, but I don't remember what it is.

That would be Senator Elizabeth Warren. 

She is well used to eating dissembling rogues and charlatans - in this particular case, one Jay Clayton - for breakfast: 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-03-23/sen-warren-sees-clayton-recusals-as-an-sec-concern-video

- and she is at the heart of that "active law making process" to which you refer, and understands full well that Wall Street banks are still ripping off their customers with outrageous fees for overseas money transfers.  Have faith.  All will be well. 

Eventually ...  

16 hours ago, Ripley said:

Some in these threads have opined that the U.S. is but one market out of a global market. Sorry, but that's not the reality. 70 to 80% of the world's financial transactions go through the U.S., if not more. Entities that have a presence, even through subsidiaries,  in the U.S. *must* be compliant with all the enforcement agencies in the U.S. to be able to operate anywhere in the world. So if for some reason Ripple "loses" as in cannot use or sell XRP anymore, that's a big big deal. 

I was about to jump on this, but you had already done so. Could not have said it better. 

Edited by MitchS

On 8/18/2021 at 12:27 PM, Ripley said:

One final note - if Jorge (SEC's attorney) does a good job here with what he has been provided as tools - win or lose I won't be surprised if he ends up in one of the firms that defended Ripple/Chris/Brad :) 

I got a chuckle out of this, mostly because I heard a thing or two about SEC attorneys fleeing, already.  I think my initial reaction to your post, aside from thinking about the definition of "a good job," was:  "Why wait?" :) (Many others aren't!)

Funny thought, anyway.  Thanks for the giggle!

(What is it that they say?  "Follow your Bliss!"?)

Edited by NightJanitor
(Couldn't resist the pun/double entendre.)

@Ripley if you put the bar low enough, everyone is 'brilliant'. 

Brilliant people contribute to increasing the body of human knowledge, and in profound ways. 

I will be waiting with abated breathe for Gensler's eponymous Act, or Principle, or Theory, Law, hypothesis, rule, formula, protocol, or even dessert for that matter. 

There is nothing in his curriculum vitae that inspires or impresses me one iota. Furthermore, I'm 100% certain Gensler will be forgotten by History before he is even dead.

That's not indicative of 'brilliance' to me. 

(Not to say he's not intelligent or possibly even a 'good' person ... I don't mean to disparage him at all ... but 'brilliant' is a bridge too far.) 

On 8/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, Skippy said:

I find the sentiment here funny. Reminds me of posts where one would tell people that the price is going to plummet at the very top beginning of 2018. The post got sh*t on so hard even though it ended being completely correct.

I'm not saying this post has any point but the forum is very biased towards positive thinking :P 

Comparing jan’18 reckless manic phase with our **** poor current $1.25??

Just imagine if XRP gets the clearance to be listed/sold again on the secondary markets which it should have already IMO - even if Ripple can no longer sell directly.

Then Gensler stays true to his word and starts dropping the hammer on all the shady "Foundations" trying to sidestep securities rules that way. If those tokens receive the same treatment as XRP from Coinbase and other American exchanges (delistings), then XRP will be one of the safely listed tokens that money can flow into while they all deal with finding out their own pictures of clarity.