Why I believe xrp is heading back down to sub 40p

I believe xrp is going to plummet in the next few weeks mainly because of the market sentiment and hopium causing people to fantasise over extravagant price targets. Ripple although I think are in the right, are about to get completely crushed by the SEC and this is going to cause the price to crash.

As for the utility, flare network is about to launch and the utility for xrp has never looked better but I have a hunch that none of that will matter in the short term and we should brace ourselves for a wild ride. Gary Gensler is a brilliant mind and whether you like him or not you can't deny that he is at the forefront of economics, he is the sole reason I believe the whole crypto sphere is about to get rekt.

I hope I'm wrong and we get a huge bull run but realistically speaking I think we're in trouble as a whole for the next few months. Would love to hear some thoughts and opinions from everyone else. 

I don't doubt that if the market dumps XRP could very well be sub 40 cents, but I am interested to hear why you think Ripple is about to be crushed by the SEC. 

Personally, and I am no legal expert, but it seems to me that Ripple has held their own so far.

I think Ripple getting crushed by the SEC is the least possible reason for a sub 40c XRP. A market wide dump is the highest probability. 

Edited by CryptoPitbull
Added comment

19 minutes ago, ConorMcGregor said:

I believe xrp is going to plummet in the next few weeks mainly because of the market sentiment and hopium causing people to fantasise over extravagant price targets. Ripple although I think are in the right, are about to get completely crushed by the SEC and this is going to cause the price to crash.

As for the utility, flare network is about to launch and the utility for xrp has never looked better but I have a hunch that none of that will matter in the short term and we should brace ourselves for a wild ride. Gary Gensler is a brilliant mind and whether you like him or not you can't deny that he is at the forefront of economics, he is the sole reason I believe the whole crypto sphere is about to get rekt.

I hope I'm wrong and we get a huge bull run but realistically speaking I think we're in trouble as a whole for the next few months. Would love to hear some thoughts and opinions from everyone else. 

Crashing the crypto market is political suicide...and literally the only thing these cretins care about is winning elections and staying in power. A coordinated dismantling of the cryptosphere under Democrat leadership would put a bowtie on the midterms and next general election for the Republicans. 

XRP is trading at its price despite the USA and the legal fight. It is flying in every other region on the planet. The US is a big player but not the only one, and they know it. If they want to stay relevant in the global financial markets, which are embracing blockchain solutions, they will resolve the issues they have and quickly. 

1 hour ago, ConorMcGregor said: Gary Gensler is a brilliant mind and whether you like him or not you can't deny that he is at the forefront of economics, he is the sole reason I believe the whole crypto sphere is about to get rekt.

This is a very insular perspective and outlook on a global system. The USA is not the centre of the universe and despite what happens in the USA, the world will either work with them or leave them behind. If people still believe crypto is a fad or something that will go away, they are very much mistaken. It’s shown as the future and you are either onboard or you’ll be left standing at the station. 
Mr Gensler is indeed in an important position, but his decisions will not decide the fate of crypto as a whole, again, this is bigger than the USA 👌

1 hour ago, ConorMcGregor said:

Ripple although I think are in the right, are about to get completely crushed by the SEC and this is going to cause the price to crash.

Gary Gensler is a brilliant mind and whether you like him or not you can't deny that he is at the forefront of economics, he is the sole reason I believe the whole crypto sphere is about to get rekt.

Given the price action following the lawsuit I'm taking the view that much of the downside with XRP has already been priced in.  Also, given the timeline for the lawsuit we wouldn't see a trial until early next year.  For anything to happen in the next couple months it very likely would result in a settlement.  I'd be very surprised if Ripple decided to settle without clarity around XRP.  Perhaps a sizable fine but if that coincides with legal and regulatory clarity on how XRP is viewed than I believe we have price discovery to the UPSIDE.  Zooming out to the broader crypto market I believe from here until about the end of the year we will more likely than not see a sizable upside along with a 25-40% correction or two perhaps.  History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes and with BTC still largely leading the show I think looking to the charts in 2013 and 2017 is ha helpful guide.  What happened in Q3 and 4 of those years?  Anything is certainly possible but I'd say that $9 is more likely than .40 cents between now and Q1 next year.  

If USDT is taken down / goes pop etc, then I see that as the one thing that could really throw a wrench into the crypto markets and cause a massive sell off (everyone trying to get their so-called real money out), but as far as XRP is concerned this will only be a temporary blip until utility kicks in.

4 hours ago, ConorMcGregor said:

Here's my view -

It is possible, but unlikely, that SEC will "crush" Ripple. Remember that Ripple has engaged former SEC chairpersons, enforcement chiefs, etc. They know how the game is played. These law firms rarely, if ever, "lose" in the traditional sense, because there is a reputation to be upheld here. A loss typically manifests as a less favorable settlement instead. 

If this goes to trial, it would be because both sides really think they have a chance to win. Neither party wants to go to a trial if they can avoid it because irrespective of how strong a case you have, the outcome can be really unpredictable. A summary judgement is more likely, in case there is no settlement.

I think it is possible that a judgement could be in the nature of "there is active law making process going on, so find out a way to work together here instead of creating law through enforcement" or something. There is a legal term describing this, but I don't remember what it is.

Some in these threads have opined that the U.S. is but one market out of a global market. Sorry, but that's not the reality. 70 to 80% of the world's financial transactions go through the U.S., if not more. Entities that have a presence, even through subsidiaries,  in the U.S. *must* be compliant with all the enforcement agencies in the U.S. to be able to operate anywhere in the world. So if for some reason Ripple "loses" as in cannot use or sell XRP anymore, that's a big big deal. 

One final note - if Jorge (SEC's attorney) does a good job here with what he has been provided as tools - win or lose I won't be surprised if he ends up in one of the firms that defended Ripple/Chris/Brad :) 

31 minutes ago, Ripley said:

It is possible, but unlikely, that SEC will "crush" Ripple.

Agree. 

Remember that the majority of people on this forum follow self-reinforcing bullish news flow. Like when "expert" Jeremy Hogan thought settlement was imminent, 90% of the XRP army went nuts and produced endless hours of tweets and video footage about this tiny speculative tidbit. And of course, he was wrong like most of the bulls, because they're seeing what they WANT not what IS. The point is, the mind sometimes WANTS things to be true that aren't, and sets itself up for disappointment and tunnel vision.

That said, while I doubt we'll see 40c any time soon, and I expect new all time highs within 6 months to a year, that's based on my ASSUMPTION that this court case will go "more or less smoothly" for Ripple with no major killer setbacks, and ultimately result in settlement if not total clarity. That's quite an assumption. 

But the SEC clearly isn' going to back down despite (again) all the hopium of the last few months by XRP believers; I personally believe the SEC are out to kill Ripple or at least take out an eye or two in the fight. This isn't going away any time soon; this isn't the easy settlement we thought – having listened gullibly to the so-called "experts" who as always turned out to be speculating as much as we are. 

So XRP is a lottery ticket at this point. Personally after the next ATH (assuming we get there) I'm selling everything and putting some back into other coins (maybe even Spark). XRP has been too much of a total f*ck up and over-hyped project for too long for me to take chances for much longer. 

I really think XRPL tech is awesome and deserves to be at the top, but the baggage Ripple brings is just immense. If we see ATHs, remember to TAKE PROFITS!!! Don't make it a repeat of Jan 2021 where you lose 90% of the gains in a few weeks because of dreams and wishes.