Flare distribution

14 hours ago, NMNR said:

Nothing is happening with flare. It's just hot air. 

For all of you that are expressing disappointment at the delays, remember these airdrops are 100% free for us. We didn't pay anything and we're not owed anything as XRP holders. The entitled attitudes are not a good look. :)

Edited by xrp_sea

I was always under the impression the Flare airdrop hasn't taken place because they are struggling with being able to release it due to regulatory problems with Exchanges. The Ripple lawsuit not helping their case and the US Congress being slow with enforcement. I guess I always contributed Flare's lack of movement a result of the trouble they could get into in the US if they push out all these free tokens. I wish the entire crypto space would just leave the US and let the US doing their own thing while the rest of the world moves on.

Edited by Scout

1 hour ago, xrp_sea said:

Für alle, die ihre Enttäuschung über die Verzögerungen zum Ausdruck bringen, denken Sie daran, dass diese Airdrops für uns zu 100% kostenlos sind. Wir haben nichts bezahlt und uns als XRP-Inhaber nichts geschuldet. Die berechtigten Einstellungen sehen nicht gut aus. :)

Should I get on my knees now? For anyone expressing disappointment with the delays, remember, I can understand them. There may be a delay. No question about it, maybe you can understand. But not such an egg dance. And it doesn't matter that the Airdrops are 100% free for us. People are measured by their actions, not their words!

4 hours ago, Scout said:

I was always under the impress the Flare airdrop hasn't taken place because they are struggling with being able to release it due to regulatory problems with Exchanges. The Ripple lawsuit not helping their case and the US Congress being slow with enforcement. I guess I always contributed Flare's lack of movement a result of the trouble they could get into in the US if they push out all these free tokens. I wish the entire crypto space would just leave the US and let the US doing their own thing while the rest of the world moves on.

Nothing to do with Ripple or regulatory clarity. In fact, the longer they wait, the longer Ethereum has, to get to PoS. In my mind, Flare is just being more cautious than they intended or anticipated to be earlier this year. At best, they made mistakes in how they approached communication (providing timelines is always a bad thing) but I understand their challenges and I'm patient.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:34 AM, xrp_sea said:

For all of you that are expressing disappointment at the delays, remember these airdrops are 100% free for us. We didn't pay anything and we're not owed anything as XRP holders. The entitled attitudes are not a good look. :)

It was publicly stated that those who held XRP on XXX date last December would be entitled to a corresponding number of Flare tokens. That drove a notable spike XRP's price at that time. So in that sense, the expectations were preset - it's not about entitlement.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, lucid99 said:

It was publicly stated that those who held XRP on XXX date last December would be entitled to a corresponding number of Flare tokens. That drove a notable spike XRP's price at that time. So in that sense, the expectations were preset - it's not about entitlement.

So people bought XRP not because of its potential value but only to receive a free drop of a coin which at that date had no value. The risk is there straight away so why moan over a 2 month delay? I’m betting many sold their XRP after the time stamp and want to do the same when they receive their sparks, always jam today never tomorrow with the free loaders 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:41 AM, Scout said:

I was always under the impression the Flare airdrop hasn't taken place because they are struggling with being able to release it due to regulatory problems with Exchanges.

While I concede there could be regulatory snags in the background, the Flare team say the main reason for the delay is security auditing and I believe them. There have been at least two high profile crypto hacks in the last month, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. I think it is OK to be cautious. 

Songbird will come in the next few weeks. When there is a real thing to get your teeth into, I think a lot of the frustration will move on. Is Songbird a delay tactic/gimmick? If DOT hadn't already done something similar then I might agree, but since this canary network concept has precedent I am much more comfortable with it. 

My impatience with Flare is more I want the launch to happen so the dump can happen and I can build up my stack. I am still very bullish. 

One final thing with regulations etc: the main reason for the voting backlash and u-turn from Flare a few months ago was the perception of excessive focus and catering to the US market. Delaying the whole project because the US is a dysfunctional country would not be smart, and I hope that is not the reason Flare is not launched yet.

• 2 months later...