Flare distribution

1 hour ago, NMNR said:

Nothing is happening with flare. It's just hot air. 

Do you really think that?

Just asking to be sure.  So do you think they are just lying when they say they have code audits and external security testing happening?  Because they can’t happen unless there is a fairly mature code base.

And do you think that the FTSO providers lining up and wallet creators are just foolishly preparing for something that isn’t real?

I’m trying see if you think it’s all just bs or if you think it’s real, but slow and may never happen.

6 hours ago, brianwalden said:

It's all vaporware. There's all this great stuff that doesn't actually exist yet, if ever.

I think you didn't check out well :rolleyes:.

Avax? Solana? Polkadot/Kusama?

6 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Do you really think that?

Just asking to be sure.  So do you think they are just lying when they say they have code audits and external security testing happening?  Because they can’t happen unless there is a fairly mature code base.

And do you think that the FTSO providers lining up and wallet creators are just foolishly preparing for something that isn’t real?

I’m trying see if you think it’s all just bs or if you think it’s real, but slow and may never happen.

I do think it's real, but honestly it won't see the light of day. 

32 minutes ago, NMNR said:

I do think it's real, but honestly it won't see the light of day. 

That’s interesting.  I think I’ve seen your posts previously and they were intelligent and knowledgeable.  

My view differs in that I think they are close to release the canary network in the next month or so.    But it’s interesting to hear from you with that different view.  Maybe I’m wrong.

It seems odd though to get so close with audits and all and then not get over the line.  I don’t understand why you think that…. I would be happy to hear any elaboration you wanted to make.  But thanks for replying already.

Maybe you're mistaking me for Seoulite or someone. I've not been too close with Flare developments largely from the offset it just came across as though they want to use the large and quite emotionally invested XRP fan base. I am happy to be wrong in this case. But generally when you have commitments on dates and they get pushed back further and further it doesn't quite instill confidence...

15 minutes ago, NMNR said:

Maybe you're mistaking me for Seoulite or someone. I've not been too close with Flare developments largely from the offset it just came across as though they want to use the large and quite emotionally invested XRP fan base. I am happy to be wrong in this case. But generally when you have commitments on dates and they get pushed back further and further it doesn't quite instill confidence...

Ah yes I agree that doesn’t.  But in reality many software projects miss their deadlines so that doesn’t really bother or surprise me.  

Anyway, we can only wait and see.  Or I will demand my money back!   :) 

Time will tell I suppose.  

1 hour ago, BillyOckham said:

Ah yes I agree that doesn’t.  But in reality many software projects miss their deadlines so that doesn’t really bother or surprise me.  

Anyway, we can only wait and see.  Or I will demand my money back!   :) 

Time will tell I suppose.  

As the saying goes, the best things in life come for free!

Having been involved in a variety if technology orientated projects, when there is a set back it is expected. But there's so a convincing reason with proof. 

I'm not sure how much Flare have disclosed but masking the delay of something with the release of songbird just seems really strange? 

I could understand if songbird was a prerequisite or essential component of flare needing to go live but I don't believe it is? 

Flare is (hopefully) a few months out from releasing the network with full smart contract capabilities upon release - after having been tested with Songbird. I get that it hasn't happened yet and people would be concerned...but Flare is on pace to beat Cardano to smart contract capability, and Hosky has been talking that up for years. 

10 minutes ago, NMNR said:

I could understand if songbird was a prerequisite or essential component of flare needing to go live but I don't believe it is? 

I think what might have happened is that they recently saw a few hacks of similar chains…. not hacking the tech, but gaming the ecosystem to fleece value out of the system.  That might have scared them a bit,  since it’s not a thing you can unit test.

So they’ve looked around and seen the Polkadot/Kusama Canary network idea.  It’s truly a good idea I think.  And it IS able to test for those things they saw happening to other chains.

All this is just me reading between the lines,  so I could be very wrong.

So given that series of events, the switch to a canary test network instead of a traditional test network makes a lot of sense to me.  And any slight delays in standing that up seem reasonable to me.  Just my view of it.

Creating a test network with real value attracts real hackers and abusers. So this is the best way to thoroughly test their blockchain before launching the Flare main network.

This step and pushing the deadline actually shows they care a lot about the future of Flare. Because 1 hack could kill any trust in the network.

The people upset about these changes are either children of greedy ignorant adults.