Attorney Hogan Talks About STRANGE THINGS in the SEC v. Ripple / XRP Lawsuit and Thinks

B088IN

Hal you've basically been the lone poster in the general discussion for some time now. Which means you're bringing a large majority of info to people who, may have just started looking into xrp. With that good job. To the OP of this thread, no worries. I'm watching you're video instead of Hal's because it was on top. :)

3 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

Hal you've basically been the lone poster in the general discussion for some time now. Which means you're bringing a large majority of info to people who, may have just started looking into xrp. With that good job. To the OP of this thread, no worries. I'm watching you're video instead of Hal's because it was on top. :)

I was referring to this thread, started by Julian_Williams:-

I see it now, didn’t realise it was posted previously. Although probably as it wasn’t posted in a section I thought it should be in so didn’t see it 👍

6 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

It is all very odd because Ripple have seemed to have stopped.  J Hogan says they needed to file the Hinman deposition by Friday.

Gensler was also supposed to File a reply to Warren's letter (which I think was supposed to lay out his plans for regulation during his chairmanship)

• It is very important to SEC that the Hinman deposition does not happen, and it is important to SEC that they do not hand over the internal documents.
  • It is important to Ripple to finish the case, get clarity and move one.  The obvious moment is now whilst SEC are in a corner with their backs to the wall (before Hinman is forced to spill the beans).

So the magic moment to settle was before Hinman was made to answer questions to the Court.

My reading is both sides decided to stop the clock before the case went over a cliff, and they stopped the clock without prejudice, to give themselves more time to work out a settlement.  Perhaps an agreement is to defer the Hinman deposition by a week, meanwhile SEC continues to show it is serious by filing a new lawyer to their team (just to show Ripple they are willing to go to trial if Ripple dares to call their bluff).

I am not a lawyer and do not know if it is possible for a deposition to be delayed by mutual agreement without going to the Court?

5 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

It is all very odd because Ripple have seemed to have stopped.  J Hogan says they needed to file the Hinman deposition by Friday.

Gensler was also supposed to File a reply to Warren's letter (which I think was supposed to lay out his plans for regulation during his chairmanship)

• It is very important to SEC that the Hinman deposition does not happen, and it is important to SEC that they do not hand over the internal documents.
  • It is important to Ripple to finish the case, get clarity and move one.  The obvious moment is now whilst SEC are in a corner with their backs to the wall (before Hinman is forced to spill the beans).

So the magic moment to settle was before Hinman was made to answer questions to the Court.

My reading is both sides decided to stop the clock before the case went over a cliff, and they stopped the clock without prejudice, to give themselves more time to work out a settlement.  Perhaps an agreement is to defer the Hinman deposition by a week, meanwhile SEC continues to show it is serious by filing a new lawyer to their team (just to show Ripple they are willing to go to trial if Ripple dares to call their bluff).

I am not a lawyer and do not know if it is possible for a deposition to be delayed by mutual agreement without going to the Court?

I am not 100% sure,   but I think the Friday date was just a arbitrary one by Jeremy where he would have expected action to be done.

So I think it’s still unclear if there was a disposition or not.

18 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

I am not 100% sure,   but I think the Friday date was just a arbitrary one by Jeremy where he would have expected action to be done.

So I think it’s still unclear if there was a disposition or not.

Wonder what Hogan has in mind with "Ripple attorneys did drop the ball"

Edited by kanaas

34 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Wonder what Hogan has in mind with "Ripple attorneys did drop the ball"

Yeah me too.  It doesn’t seem sensible to me to conclude at this time that they have dropped a ball.  I saw that and wondered if it was a moment of pique from Jeremy so I left it alone until more information emerges.

27 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Yeah me too.  It doesn’t seem sensible to me to conclude at this time that they have dropped a ball.  I saw that and wondered if it was a moment of pique from Jeremy so I left it alone until more information emerges.

Who knows, maybe this recent filing by the SEC was only to react to the ongoing speculation?! 

After i saw jeremys video my first thought was if the SEC or ripple are going to file something to the court to show or suggest that there are no serious settlement discussions or done deals happening. Purely just to stop the speculation

We'll see, anything is possible