New Jeremy Hogan Video - Settle.....Shshhhhhh.......not saying it ....settle......shshhh

• Julian_Williams changed the title to New Jeremy Hogan Video - Settle.....Shshhhhhh.......not saying it ....settle......shshhh

Just getting the two execs off the hook might not have much of an impact.
The key one is of course the attacks on RL. 
Isn't most of the latest drama been over "fair use" and Hinman - which only applies to the execs ?

Just now, JASCoder said:

Just getting the two execs off the hook might not have much of an impact.
The key one is of course the attacks on RL. 
Isn't most of the latest drama been over "fair use" and Hinman - which only applies to the execs ?

Yeah, Ripple itself doesn't really want to get off on fair notice unless the SEC has them on the ropes. Ripple wants regulatory clarity, and at this point where they seem to have the high ground, I don't think they would settle without it.

5 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Peyote

I remember those foul looking buttons from my college days.
You could expect to vomit after ingesting them :-/ 
Pretty potent shit, mon. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Yeah, Ripple itself doesn't really want to get off on fair notice unless the SEC has them on the ropes. Ripple wants regulatory clarity, and at this point where they seem to have the high ground, I don't think they would settle without it.

I agree.  But SEC are desperate that Ripple do not get off using Fair Notice because that would give a free pass to everyone else.  Also SEC do not want to hand over internal docs or let Hinman be deposed because of the precedent it might set and the embarrassing information it might give away.  So now is the ideal moment for Ripple to get what it wants from SEC.

Furthermore Gensler needs to provide leadership, and that means give some sort of clarity so that the US can move forward like is happening in the UK and other financial centres. It seems Gensler is changing direction and focus, and is planning to regulate exchanges as his first move. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

The Hinman deposition is still going on, I have it from a top level source (bitboy), that he is still winging into the camera and saying all this had nothing to do with him, and it was all JC's fault LOL.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, HAL1000 said:

The Hinman deposition is still going on, I have it from a top level source (bitboy), that he is still winging into the camera and saying all this had nothing to do with him, and it was all JC's fault LOL.

If I read you correctly that sounds like he is being held in the wings in case his deposition is needed whilst cliff edge negotiations are going on trying to reach a settlement agreement. (both sides have agreed to stop the clock to get this settlement through?)

I agree Clayton is the really bad one.  Hinman was basically telling the truth; ETH in secondary markets are not securities.  Clayton seems to have been having a very personal vendetta against XRP, and would never confirm that XRP in secondary markets are also not securities....then he pressed the nuclear button on his last day in office.

Edited by Julian_Williams

14 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

Maybe. Not getting my hopes up given the trainwreck that is everything Ripple & XRP related these past years. 

If the backroom boys are close to settlement, then the last thing you want to do is upset the other side by filing a motion that say's, hey you, get back in the ring for another 10 rounds.

27 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

Maybe. Not getting my hopes up given the trainwreck that is everything Ripple & XRP related these past years. 

Train wreck? An utter disaster? Last time I checked they were opening new corridors all whilst fighting the SEC. Sounds like they have been hindered more than crashed. Maybe not first to act (DeFi, NFTs), but more so first to act correctly.

See the pain points and address them. That has been their MO.

3 hours ago, Wolfparty said:

Train wreck? An utter disaster? Last time I checked they were opening new corridors all whilst fighting the SEC. Sounds like they have been hindered more than crashed. Maybe not first to act (DeFi, NFTs), but more so first to act correctly.

See the pain points and address them. That has been their MO.

Old timers remember when people were actually using the XRPL. It was fun and exciting. Ripple choose to kill all that off. They faced a lot of external pressure pushing them to make that decision. I'm not blaming them, just saying that they made it. It's been six years and they still don't have widespread mainstream adoption by the big banks and institutions they chose to pursue. I'm almost certain that they never thought it would take this long.

I think criticism is fair. I also think that if they manage to pull through, these several years of delay might seem like nothing.

5 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

I'll second this. Expect more headwinds... although I'll give it a silver lining.

Ripple (in banking) and XRP (in crypto) have not ruffled so many feathers... without being serious players that intimidate others with their presence.

I don't think they intend to be intimidating, but they have exhibited sound insights multiplied by a substantial depth of knowledge, from key people.

The FUD started with *their*... "Fear".

Edited by KarmaCoverage