What is Your Second Favorite Project and…

4 minutes ago, meegwell said:

If your favorite is XRP, What is your second favorite project and why?  Does it have similar beneficial qualities to XRP? 

QNT baby. Lotta healthy coopetition between Ripple and Quant. Don't think it's a zero sum game either. Fully expecting both companies to be unicorns (or something new) soon. 

1 minute ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

QNT baby. Lotta healthy coopetition between Ripple and Quant. Don't think it's a zero sum game either. Fully expecting both companies to be unicorns (or something new) soon. 

I should qualify that statement a bit. I don't see them as direct competitors at all, but they might be viewed as such anyway by the general market. I actually think Ripple and XRP use cases can be boosted if QNT delivers on its plans.

I think you're in tg chat for QNT so not explaining anything new to you @meegwell.

Right now I've kind of fallen in love with Terra (LUNA). It feels like being back on 2014-15 Ripple only with modern smart contacts and web apps.

I also like Nexo as a platform to pull in normies, even though I've moved most of my coins from there.

Just now, brianwalden said:

Right now I've kind of fallen in love with Terra (LUNA). It feels like being back on 2014-15 Ripple only with modern smart contacts and web apps.

I also like Nexo as a platform to pull in normies, even though I've moved most of my coins from there.

Oh yeah, and I'm very excited for Flare, but I've kind of forgetten about it while I wait until they've got something I can actually use. I wasted too much time waiting for them to launch.

Big fan of Bancor. Finally dipped my toes into the defi waters. Their single-sided staking and impermanence loss protection are really interesting, and they've apparently got something big on the horizon with v3 (rolling out in the next few months).

Only downside is the gas fees because they're on Ethereum, but supposedly v3 will help with that, as will eventual integrations w/ L2 solutions like Arbitrum and Polygon.

19 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Oh yeah, and I'm very excited for Flare, but I've kind of forgetten about it while I wait until they've got something I can actually use. I wasted too much time waiting for them to launch.

Ha!  We are all tired of wasting too much time waiting, right?  :)  

I've been investing in the Render (RNDR) token for over a year now. Distributed graphics rendering is big business and the project has some big names behind it (J J Abrams) 

The NFT craze has boosted its profile but going forward, film studios save significant costs by utilising the OTOY & Render network.

If you have a powerful Nvidia rig you can earn RNDR by taking parts of a job. Like mining but with a tangible product at the end.

I have talked up Solana since it was $0.90 but missed my initial entry into Arweave. Recently during this last dip I took1/3 each of my ADA and SOL profits and bought into AR.

Arweave has a particularly interesting use case - it is a pay once, up-load once read-only archival file store.

Unlike Filecoin that acts more like a decentralized dropbox, Arweave acts more like a persistent records library - really putting it more on the level of tangible personal property. Pay once, upload, saved forever. The tokenomics are interesting, a foundation pool is supposed to get a portion of the storage fee and that pool pays 'miners' who run rigs geared more towards high speed, high quality file access.

Arweave stores archival ledger history for Solana, allowing them to essentially have a hot and cold archive for transaction history.

https://solana.com/de/ecosystem/arweave

I believe the Internet archive is also working with Arweave to create more permanent file records.

https://arweave.medium.com/arweave-the-internet-archive-building-a-verifiable-record-of-history-9787ba018020

There are applications like ArDrive that give more user friendly access to the file pointers you generate as part of your account.

https://ardrive.io/what-is-arweave/

China tried pulling Arweave miner machines in an effort to remove unfavorable Chinese newspaper archives.

https://www.altcoinbuzz.io/cryptocurrency-news/product-release/arweave-suspects-china-in-recent-hacking-attempts/