Evernode - Another New Development on XRPL

First thought, I like it. Reminds me a bit of what Codius Hosts was trying to do. 

I am a bit sick of infinite tokens for every niche, but I'll take the freebie. 

I think it gets more interesting when you combine these HotPocket mini-blockchains with XRPL sidechains, and Flare smart contracts and data oracles. 

13 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

I think it gets more interesting when you combine these HotPocket mini-blockchains with XRPL sidechains, and Flare smart contracts and data oracles. 

What are "hotpocket mini-chains"?

What does this combination of features make possible that was not doable prior?

9 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Have a read of the paper. They're basically small consensus-based blockchains that can be quickly spun up for specific apps or smart contracts and interact with XRPL Hooks. Very light footprint. 

https://lexautomagica.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Evernode-Whitepaper-1.0.pdf

1 minute ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

I don't know much about all of this stuff, but from just a general perspective all these new projects is making the XRPL look a bit more like ethereum. It just looks like a significant spike in the amount of development happening on and around the XRPL. That feels promising. 

Except without the high fees, slow tx's, on-chain bloat and endless bugs. 

15 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Each contract can run on a small/large set of nodes and forms a small consensus set - making it an independent blockchain. Instead of one monolithic blockchain like flare or ethereum running many contract and being potentially slow/overloaded with work, each contract can spin up it's own set of validators (or rather you can spin them up per contract).

Advantages, easier, cheaper, 'independent'. Every validator can access data feeds and become an oracle - every consensus set of validators can 'agree' on data by choosing as many sources of data as they want and then you can write your own 'agreement' algorithm to decide on what data to use. No need for an external 'oracle' if you don't want one - you write your own into the contract in effect. (read price of X from N exchanges, then compute "true" value of x based on algorithm A. All validators perform same actions and then come to consensus on the contract output. (you could of course still connect to some external oracle if you really wanted - and pay for a data source? etc etc)

Payment for validators via the token (that you presumably buy from a token minting source via ledger IOUs). no need for airdrop, suspect OP might be fantasizing about another freebie.

Hooks on ledger would (presumably) interact with hotpocket/evernode validators to trigger actions. Not sure why you couldn't just monitor an account via a standard rippled node callback/event, but I guess a hook would be more deterministic and could carry better information for the contract.

As I recall (possibly incorrectly) Codius had some emphasis on guaranteeing the contract was not modified by a third party etc etc by allowing contract participants to sign the program/contract that would run and have it validated before execution - and only the container root could access keys to wallets etc (correct?). I need to re-read docs to remind myself about secret keeping and all that. I presume evernode can do something similar. Need to look deeper.

3 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

no need for airdrop, suspect OP might be fantasizing about another freebie.

So this is copied from the white paper...

Epoch 3 – Launch: On launch, 2,580,480 Evers will be airdropped to XRP holders like the Flare Networks airdrop (ie, in proportion to all holders through wallets and participating exchanges while excluding accounts Ripple and its founders);

5 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

So this is copied from the white paper...

Epoch 3 – Launch: On launch, 2,580,480 Evers will be airdropped to XRP holders like the Flare Networks airdrop (ie, in proportion to all holders through wallets and participating exchanges while excluding accounts Ripple and its founders);

ooh - cool thanks. That makes things easier. I missed that detail, I usually skip the tokenomics section of these whitepapers ... (not usually interested in how the founders plan on distributing prior to doing their exit scam ... Which does not apply in this case - it looks like a solid project - combined with federated sidechains, things are looking interesting. I need to think of some ideas to implement on top of all this). 

Edited by jbjnr
spelling