Newest Flare Blog Post - 'canary' test net within the next 6 weeks, mainnet launch scheduled for end of Sept

Seoulite

49 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Please forgive me if you already know all this…. but I just wanted to point out a security aspect to this.

(I don’t have a ledger because I think a paper wallet is just as good so I don’t know what it’s like to use…. but I understand the principle.)

The thing is…  if you have a ledger then although it could be considered an online wallet it actually has pretty much the security of an offline one.

But if you use Bifrost or any other software wallet then you’ve stepped down one security level from cold to warm or even hot wallet.  Likely there is not a huge risk in doing that,  but you should at least be aware of that difference.

Sure I understand. Cold wallets have been great so far when the only thing to do was hold, but now with staking and all the flare stuff and DeFi it’s starting to become necessary to use warmer wallets. Maybe there will even be a time when cold wallets are not used by most people unless they are holding useless tokens like btc.

So to be clearer, what I mean is I plan to keep the bulk of my xrp holdings on the ledger but do my flare stuff with another wallet. Haven’t decided about f-assets yet. But as I see it constantly accessing your ledger is kinda like constantly using and then making a new paper wallet. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Sure I understand. Cold wallets have been great so far when the only thing to do was hold, but now with staking and all the flare stuff and DeFi it’s starting to become necessary to use warmer wallets. Maybe there will even be a time when cold wallets are not used by most people unless they are holding useless tokens like btc.

So to be clearer, what I mean is I plan to keep the bulk of my xrp holdings on the ledger but do my flare stuff with another wallet. Haven’t decided about f-assets yet. But as I see it constantly accessing your ledger is kinda like constantly using and then making a new paper wallet. Kinda defeats the purpose. 

just a throw away line, no wonder the BTC maxis hate us so much 🤣🤣

Edited by Julian_Williams

5 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Trustline and Flare Finance have both announced they'll be on Songbird? Are you going to jump in with real money?

Given that the risk is higher, presumably the reward will be higher? I think participation rates will be lower so FTSO rewards will be greater. 

I'm considering what my exposure to Songbird should be. That video that I just posted from Patty XRP talking about what happened with Kusama makes me think it will be highly unpredictable for a while.

This whole songbird thing has just multiplied all the considerations. There will even be a SGB / FLR pair that needs to be taken into account. Good lord.

30 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Given that the risk is higher, presumably the reward will be higher? I think participation rates will be lower so FTSO rewards will be greater. 

I'm considering what my exposure to Songbird should be. That video that I just posted from Patty XRP talking about what happened with Kusama makes me think it will be highly unpredictable for a while.

This whole songbird thing has just multiplied all the considerations. There will even be a SGB / FLR pair that needs to be taken into account. Good lord.

But isn't Kusama  more scarse ?

Edited by DRAKON

1 minute ago, DRAKON said:

But isn't Kusama  10 times more scarse ?

Yes and there could be other governance changes that flip all that about. The key is that in market cap terms Kusama is currently 10% of DOT, which seems reasonable. If Songbird can be somewhere between 5-10% of Flare then I think we will be doing well. 

The key thing is though that FTSO rewards are bigger in the beginning and proportional to participation, meaning the early adopters benefit the most. That might be similar with Trustline and FF but I don't know.

16 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Also, I've been wearing my Crocs while playing tennis this summer.

Damn you internet!   Another bloody mental image I don’t want, taking up residence.    :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.