Flare Finance: Convert Everything to Flare

DAII

For the Flare finance , which will happen in future, it's going to take a snapshot of existing Flare tokens

Wondering, how many people will convert everything (other coins) to Flare (just for the period when the snapshot occurs. To get the free airdrop), and then re-convert back flare to other coins, soon after the snapshot is completed.

Edited by DAII

3 hours ago, DAII said:

For the Flare finance , which will happen in future, it's going to take a snapshot of existing Flare tokens

Wondering, how many people will convert everything (other coins) to Flare (just for the period when the snapshot occurs. To get the free airdrop), and then re-convert back flare to other coins, soon after the snapshot is completed.

How many people did that with XRP for the FLR snapshot? There's a cost and a risk to it. I'm sure some people will and others will be happy with what they already have.

What some do is that they anticipate a price drop right after the snapshot/fork of a coin and sell RIGHT BEFORE the token actually splits. They basically think the new coin will be worthless and the original coin's value is higher than it should be because people want the "free" coins.

Now this is actually the opposite what you describe. So it's not all that black and white. 

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

What some do is that they anticipate a price drop right after the snapshot/fork of a coin and sell RIGHT BEFORE the token actually splits. They basically think the new coin will be worthless and the original coin's value is higher than it should be because people want the "free" coins.

Now this is actually the opposite what you describe. So it's not all that black and white. 

That's exactly the case! I know some who do it that way. Buy slowly now, sell just before the snapshot. And made a good cut in the process.

13 minutes ago, henne111 said:

That's exactly the case! I know some who do it that way. Buy slowly now, sell just before the snapshot. And made a good cut in the process.

Now FLR is a bit different since the coin hasn't been even released yet AND the upcoming for is already known. The upcoming fork is basically already priced in, and we can only expect a sell-off right after the second fork.

I believe the price of FLR in the first month will be determined by very different things than the upcoming split... We'll see. 

5 hours ago, Skippy said:

Then there's people like me who know that some people buy right before, others sell right after and the best thing to do is market make the two coins before, during and after the snapshot