2nd DogeMilitia Hugo Interview (long and detailed)

14 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

If exchanges are offering staking / interest bearing products already then it's not a big leap to offering FTSO signal services and/or F-asset collateral. Ultimately exchanges want as many assets as possible on their platform at all times, and exchanges are well-placed to provide signals to the FTSO.

When we have more details we can talk on this forum about more detailed strategies for earning on Flare. For now my only plan is to participate as much as possible as early as possible. It is a scramble to get FLR. When things calm down and F-assets are running and FF is running and Trustline, then we will be able to see much more clearly where the returns are and what the risk is. 

Anyway as I said we can do deep dives on this club before the launch. I'm looking forward to it, it's like waiting for Xmas when you are a kid!

My mind is tuned to see the big picture but lousy at dealing with routine and detail. I am one of those that has to have these things done for me. 

Concerning exchanges.  They will gather new customers by creating services for newbies that are deserving of customer loyalty.  Farming coins, maybe attached to risk levels by numbers, is an obvious avenue for them to do this.  Etoro joined the FLR airdrop and customers can shadow the investment strategies of other investors.

As I understand it FLR will be a tool for building better more responsive more user friendly Defi exchange services.  It is one of the things that makes me more bullish about FLR.

The Iphone was successful because it provided the new tech in a user friendly way. It is the way businesses gain dominance and market share.  The management of FLR worked that out, Ripple are getting their slowly (maybe it is not altogether Ripples fault)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We now have a second interview with Hugo done on twitter and recorded by people and posted on youtube. I've listened and noted down some of the points that jumped out to me. They are pretty random:

I haven't looked at your math yet, but I do agree with the potential of Flare. Here's another way to look at it. Flare is to crypto currencies, as XRP is to fiat currencies. Their play is to effe

This is what he says about agents and f-assets: "The agent can discharge their obligations in any particular number of ways, so it may be that the agent never actually ends up paying that XRP dir

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

My mind is tuned to see the big picture but lousy at dealing with routine and detail. I am one of those that has to have these things done for me. 

Concerning exchanges.  They will gather new customers by creating services for newbies that are deserving of customer loyalty.  Farming coins, maybe attached to risk levels by numbers, is an obvious avenue for them to do this.  Etoro joined the FLR airdrop and customers can shadow the investment strategies of other investors.

As I understand it FLR will be a tool for building better more responsive more user friendly Defi exchange services.  It is one of the things that makes me more bullish about FLR.

The Iphone was successful because it provided the new tech in a user friendly way. It is the way businesses gain dominance and market share.  The management of FLR worked that out, Ripple are getting their slowly (maybe it is not altogether Ripples fault)

DeFi isn't going to be user friendly for a while. If your main experience with crypto is through an exchange, Flare is going to be a little bit of a learning curve. Nexo's CeFi service might be the most user friendly right now. They let people deposit fiat and earn the kind of interest rates that might have been paid out in the height of the 70s without having to touch crypto if they don't want to.

2 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Anyway as I said we can do deep dives on this club before the launch. I'm looking forward to it, it's like waiting for Xmas when you are a kid!

I'm very excited too. I was looking at my wallet history as I uploaded it into a tracking service and I was putting my money into funds that paid interest in XRP on the XRPL in 2014 and 2015. I was doing DeFi before it was a thing. Then that all went away as Ripple changed business strategies. I was in crypto hibernation for the rise of DeFi and missed out. I can't wait to get a fresh start on a new platform.

11 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

As I understand it FLR will be a tool for building better more responsive more user friendly Defi exchange services.

It may seem like that at first but increasingly the focus is going to move away from exchanges. Just as people were very wary of using exchanges back in the day, but new people coming in have become much more comfortable holding tokens on there and staking etc, the same will happen with DeFi applications like Trustline. They are in fact more trustworthy than exchanges, but it will take some time for people to get used to that. I think the reason is that exchanges look a lot like banks in people's minds, but 'trusting' a smart contract is a completely new concept, and it will take a while to get there. But I think that is the direction of travel.

Edited by Seoulite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.