Ripple Files Motion to Compel for SEC Documents ... Will be THIRD Time!

1 hour ago, panmores said:

Judge will most likely keep her calm yet it may play a role in further decisions - anyways, what can a US-judge do when plaintiffs and/or defendants ignore court orders?

As we all know, either the documents in possession of the SEC are damning or there are no such documents because personal backroom dealings are the rule of the day.

Wouldn't mind if this SEC arrogance becomes key to deciding the case.

The SEC seems to just be putting the beer can on the post for Ripple to plink off.  

1.  SEC asks for more time but fights Deaton's request to have an opinion on the case because it will take too much time.  Hmmm...that double speak is stunning.

2.  SEC asks for an extension for more information after years of seeing the case....hmmm.  Difficult to say that Ripple had fair notice when the facts are so difficult to drum up.

3.  SEC doesnt turn over documents to Ripple as ordered... I dont care who you are when you disrespect someone.  They will punch you if they can.

4.  SEC doesnt turn over documents to Ripple as ordered... So how do you have such a clear case that Ripple should have had fair notice if your internal docs dont even reveal it?  So let me see, you didnt publish issue of letter to cease and desist, you didnt publish any formal communication giving clarity to Ripple or any other cryptos, you Ok'd ETH and BTC, but you dont have any internal documents?  Stunning.  

The hole the SEC is digging seems to point more to a strategic delay tactic to slow Ripple's business down than a serious lawsuit.  Remember that Gary Gensler once said in a video that sometime banks strategically slow threatening technology down for their gain.  The amount of influential money and connections is beyond any reasonable persons understanding and I'm beginning to believe one of the big banks have their hands in this.  That is where the real corruption lies.  The SEC are just puppets happy to be getting big salaries and wearing an all important US govt badge.

BTW, just watched a fascinating documentary on Netflix regarding what really happened to Kiki Camarena the US DEA agent killed in Mexico many years back.  Think the US govt isnt bad to the core... sickening.

12 minutes ago, BarnBuilder said:

The SEC seems to just be putting the beer can on the post for Ripple to plink off.  

1.  SEC asks for more time but fights Deaton's request to have an opinion on the case because it will take too much time.  Hmmm...that double speak is stunning.

2.  SEC asks for an extension for more information after years of seeing the case....hmmm.  Difficult to say that Ripple had fair notice when the facts are so difficult to drum up.

3.  SEC doesnt turn over documents to Ripple as ordered... I dont care who you are when you disrespect someone.  They will punch you if they can.

4.  SEC doesnt turn over documents to Ripple as ordered... So how do you have such a clear case that Ripple should have had fair notice if your internal docs dont even reveal it?  So let me see, you didnt publish issue of letter to cease and desist, you didnt publish any formal communication giving clarity to Ripple or any other cryptos, you Ok'd ETH and BTC, but you dont have any internal documents?  Stunning.  

The hole the SEC is digging seems to point more to a strategic delay tactic to slow Ripple's business down than a serious lawsuit.  Remember that Gary Gensler once said in a video that sometime banks strategically slow threatening technology down for their gain.  The amount of influential money and connections is beyond any reasonable persons understanding and I'm beginning to believe one of the big banks have their hands in this.  That is where the real corruption lies.  The SEC are just puppets happy to be getting big salaries and wearing an all important US govt badge.

BTW, just watched a fascinating documentary on Netflix regarding what really happened to Kiki Camarena the US DEA agent killed in Mexico many years back.  Think the US govt isnt bad to the core... sickening.

Hope I will be wrong but something will be "discovered", side stepping and diverting the attention away from this motion to compel..

I like how Ripple mentioned to the judge one such document that it obtained from an independent source.  The SEC document, dated October 2020:  “We [the SEC] appreciate the opportunity to review your additional concerns about [XRP]. Please be advised the SEC has not issued a determination on whether the cryptocurrency XRP is a security. . . ."  Ouch for the SEC!

The SEC knows that there is a lot of good ammunition for Ripple in those documents, and that's why it's slow walking production.  The SEC could very well be trying to settle this case now to forego production of those documents.  Fair notice defense looking stronger every day.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alluvial said:

“We [the SEC] appreciate the opportunity to review your additional concerns about [XRP]. Please be advised the SEC has not issued a determination on whether the cryptocurrency XRP is a security. . . ." 

Almost verbatim what the SEC told me on March 24, 2019.  

...and then at some point in time, the smoke-and-mirrors show begins, as the SEC claims they don't "determine" what is a security ... the courts do ;-) 

Edited by RobertHarpool