What effect will Flare have on the XRP price?

24 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

45,827,728,412 FLR Total is available for XRP holder's.
15% (6,874,159,261.80 FLR) of this is made available at the time of network launch.
40,000,000 DFLR is available to claim for the holder's of the circulating 6,874,159,261.80 FLR.
40,000,000 / 6,874,159.261.80 = ~0.0058 DFLR per FLR

Is this a stupid question?  Does one DFLR create 1 YFIN

5.8 per 1000 FLR?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Is this a stupid question?  Does one DFLR create 1 YFIN

5.8 per 1000 FLR?

YFIN is not in the equation.

DFLR is a temporary placeholder until Flare Finance goes live with YFLR. So DFLR will be airdropped to FLR holders and within a week later, will need to get converted to YFLR, then DFLR is redundant.

YFLR and YFIN are the main platform tokens. See page 17 & 18 here: https://assets.website-files.com/60718c9d72cc4322fb804890/60a6b4ea53a41000e4bb7d1d_Flare Finance - White Paper.pdf

Basically, YFLR will be the main transacting token on Flare Finance while YFIN is the rewarding token for staking your tokens in the farms.

YFIN will not be available until the platform goes live and you stake your tokens and earn YFIN tokens.

Edited by Flintstone

2 hours ago, Flintstone said:

It sounds more complicated than in practice. With a hands on experience in the beta, it becomes a lot more clearer.

Hi Flint, do you know how my Flare tokens will appear if I claimed them from the nano ledger s? 

1 hour ago, Nat99 said:

Hi Flint, do you know how my Flare tokens will appear if I claimed them from the nano ledger s? 

I’m not clued up on the Ledger sorry. But if you have the secret address for the ETH address you used for the message key, you can import to the likes of BiFrost/MetaMask wallet etc

9 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

11k YFIN???  is that a mistype?   

I saw some correspondence in Zerpening about the advantages of FLR DEX over Uniswap, and it seems the FLR system will be massively better and easier to use.  I think @CountZerpula is right on top of this subject, but no matter how many times he explains it I always grasp only a fraction of the picture. 

Not sure what the conversation may have been about Julian, but maybe something about the Flare Finance platform rather than Flare. I think the gist would've been that you'll be able to do a lot of the same things that you can do on platforms built on Ethereum, but without the same limitations. And this is true for other DeFi ecosystems as well, but I think what Flare has done is perhaps a step beyond, in that you don't need to use FLR to secure the network. 

Posted (edited)

It could bring the price up or it could bring the price down.  The moves might be large or they might be small.  It is possible that the price stays about the same too.

Don't try to apply logic to the market, it will fail you.

Edited by mrhat75

4 hours ago, XRPchef said:

is it too late to claim? I forgot?

If you had your XRP in December (12th?) then it's not too late, but you should move quickly. The last day is June 11. Once you complete the steps needed, you can go to https://xrpscan.com, punch in your wallet address in the search box at the top right of the page, and look for the Flare Spark Distribution section in the Account Summary to confirm the Flare wallet address configured with your XRP account.