Analysis of when the court case will be over

Hello fellow XRP holders.

Does anyone have any good analysis on when the court case could be over?

Have you been watching from the beginning and have knowledge of these sorts of things?

Most importantly do you think that we have until Mid-July?  I'm thinking that when the SEC is done regardless if Ripple wins or not XRP will 10X and cost a hell of a lot more!  I ask because I need to buy more as my goal has always been to have 90% of my portfolio in XRP.  But right now I am held up waiting on a couple of other coins due to the crazy drop in the market my trades have taken a turn a bit slower than I had anticipated and I am really really hoping to get back in where I need to be before the court case ends.  I ask specifically about Mid-July because THETA has a countdown on their website for end of June for their release of their Mainnet 3.0 and the rally is going to be huge for the next month or so.  And I would hate to miss that.  Other than that and the recap of the other coin I have I want to move everything back to my XRP bags.

Also any idea on when Flare will launch and drop to holders?  That too could make XRP go up significantly.

Any help for me to not miss the boat would be greatly appreciated.  I do watch Digital Perspectives, and Digital Asset Investor, and they both cover Jeremy Hogan.  And all three seem to keep the hype up about the case like it could end tomorrow so I'm a bit anxious about it.  Not that they are wrong but maybe their hype on an anyday perspective is wrong.  Could we see the price linger for another month or two???

Thank yoU!

32 minutes ago, Daniel8 said:

Does anyone have any good analysis on when the court case could be over?

Have you been watching from the beginning and have knowledge of these sorts of things?

Most importantly do you think that we have until Mid-July?  I'm thinking that when the SEC is done regardless if Ripple wins or not XRP will 10X and cost a hell of a lot more!  I ask because I need to buy more as my goal has always been to have 90% of my portfolio in XRP.  But right now I am held up waiting on a couple of other coins due to the crazy drop in the market my trades have taken a turn a bit slower than I had anticipated and I am really really hoping to get back in where I need to be before the court case ends.  I ask specifically about Mid-July because THETA has a countdown on their website for end of June for their release of their Mainnet 3.0 and the rally is going to be huge for the next month or so.  And I would hate to miss that.  Other than that and the recap of the other coin I have I want to move everything back to my XRP bags.

Also any idea on when Flare will launch and drop to holders?  That too could make XRP go up significantly.

Any help for me to not miss the boat would be greatly appreciated.  I do watch Digital Perspectives, and Digital Asset Investor, and they both cover Jeremy Hogan.  And all three seem to keep the hype up about the case like it could end tomorrow so I'm a bit anxious about it.  Not that they are wrong but maybe their hype on an anyday perspective is wrong.  Could we see the price linger for another month or two???

Thank yoU!

Flawed thinking imo. No guarantee that the SEC case will be settled this year, and therefore you shouldn't base your investments on a hypothetical timeframe that it will be. Jeremy Hogan and Digital Asset Investor make fun and good content. But at the end of the day they are youtubers and don't know much.

Don't really see the issue. Just diversify some of your THETA if you can't live with missing the boat (that may or not happen...). Or just wait until news re: the case pops and then put some money in.

I am not a lawyer, but the case has gotten this far so my best guess is that it will go on at least until fall. The reason is that both sides will want to wait until discovery is over so they have the most information to use to either negotiate a settlement or decide to try their luck before the judge.

I think the only reason for a quick settlement would be if the SEC doesn't want to have to turn over documents to Ripple.

I have no prediction on what the price of XRP will do when the case is over. I'm not good at that type of thing.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I'm guessing it won't settle until we're in an obvious bear market.

The whole point was to screw XRP out of this bull run

It may takes a long time to settle the case I agreed. Maybe a year? I don't know.

However, what we holders need is not a case settlement today, what we need is an event (I don't know what is it) that leads to a very high probability that the case will be settled (or win by Ripple). This speculation alone will trigger a FOMO for XRP.

Remembered back in 2017 when rumor said Coinbase will list XRP? XRP price goes up like crazy even though the fact didn't happen a few months later. Buy the rumor sell the news, let's just wait.

Edited by jockeyng

On 5/31/2021 at 5:16 PM, captainjack said:

Flawed thinking imo. No guarantee that the SEC case will be settled this year, and therefore you shouldn't base your investments on a hypothetical timeframe that it will be. Jeremy Hogan and Digital Asset Investor make fun and good content. But at the end of the day they are youtubers and don't know much.

Don't really see the issue. Just diversify some of your THETA if you can't live with missing the boat (that may or not happen...). Or just wait until news re: the case pops and then put some money in.

jeremy hogan is an actual lawyer.  he knows quite a lot really.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, Daniel8 said:

Could we see the price linger for another month or two???

Thank yoU!

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to get a concrete answer about any of your questions from anyone here. Hell, even the SEC and Ripple don’t know with certainty whether they’ll settle in a few weeks or if this will go all the way to trial. 

As for the price of XRP lingering for another month or two, that’s also a tossup. If anybody KNOWS of market movements, they’re inside traders doing illegal shenanigans with their informational asymmetry advantage and they sure as hell won’t post about it on an online forum. It would defeat the purpose. 

7 hours ago, wolves said:

jeremy hogan is an actual lawyer.  he knows quite a lot really.

Jeremy Hogan also holds XRP and is therefore not someone to rely on for unbiased views re: the case. He predicted that the case would be settled weeks ago.

2 hours ago, captainjack said:

Jeremy Hogan also holds XRP and is therefore not someone to rely on for unbiased views re: the case. He predicted that the case would be settled weeks ago.

That's a mischaracterization. He said that, if the case were going to be settled soon, it would happen within that time period. If they didn't settle within those few weeks, he predicted that settlement wouldn't happen until post-discovery. 

• 2 weeks later...

So in light of what Jeremy Hogan said would and would not happen...now we are in the phase where the trial will have to go all the way to the end without some sort of settlement???

What does that look like for time?  September?

On 6/8/2021 at 9:40 AM, doopers said:

That's a mischaracterization. He said that, if the case were going to be settled soon, it would happen within that time period. If they didn't settle within those few weeks, he predicted that settlement wouldn't happen until post-discovery. 

5 hours ago, Daniel8 said:

So in light of what Jeremy Hogan said would and would not happen...now we are in the phase where the trial will have to go all the way to the end without some sort of settlement???

What does that look like for time?  September?

He has an updated video on this if you are interested: