FTSO matters

BillyOckham

So @FTSO_AU…     How’s it going?   :JC_doubleup:

Theres been a flurry of users importing accounts into Bifrost apparently.  There they can wrap and delegate.

Hopefully a bunch of us are delegating to you.  Are there any network statistics that show which FTSOs are getting delegated to and the proportions?  Are you guys happy so far?

6 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Theres been a flurry of users importing accounts into Bifrost apparently.  There they can wrap and delegate.

Hopefully a bunch of us are delegating to you.  Are there any network statistics that show which FTSOs are getting delegated to and the proportions?  Are you guys happy so far?

Not sure the tweet embedded, but it's still early.  

• FTSO - 3.5m
  • BiFrost -3.1m 
  • FTSO AU -2.2M
  • FTSO UK 1.7m

What's impressive to me is that, as far as I can tell, there has been a lot of uptake with BiFrost, which probably put a lot of delegation in their FTSO.  Meanwhile everyone on MM has to fumble along (disclaimer - MM irritates me :D) Hope you are surviving & thriving in the blitz, @FTSO_AU. More to come!

Edited by WrathofKahneman

15 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Would you believe if it I said I haven't really had time to check?! It's been crazy, but good. We've just released our public beta so it gives people another option to delegate, which I think they'll take up in droves. 

Tim's expanded on his metrics here https://flaremetrics.io/ftso , it's awesome. But yes, to have that many votes we're stocked - thank you all!

9 hours ago, WrathofKahneman said:

Meanwhile everyone on MM has to fumble along

We're open for business! You can delegate direct with us now using MM, Ledger through MM and any other Web3 based browser.

Let us know what you think when time permits .... excuse any tardy replies on my behalf. 

1 hour ago, FTSO_AU said:

It's been crazy, but good.

Well I wish you every success.   It looks to me like you are doing everything right.  My hats off to your professionalism.

I’d love to see you prosper.  (And hope I can ride on your coattails.   :) )

5 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Forgive my ignorance, but when deciding in a delegate, do you just select the most popular? What makes one provider better than another this early on and how are we to choose?

Here’s what @FTSO_AU had to say about that…

On 5/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, FTSO_AU said:

We'd be happy to join the discussion, although there's still some areas we're waiting on clarification so we'll do our best.

Regarding the accuracy of the feed accuracy ... here's a question that was asked of us recently:

Q./ How does the FTSO determine if the prices the FTSO providers are providing are accurate? I understand the top and bottom 25% votes are discarded, but how does the FTSO know the middle 50% are accurate?

A./ It’s based on consensus. All Flare networks users can vote with Spark or the corresponding Fasset, so the price assumed to be accurate if a majority of people believe it to be.

There'll be a number of factors you can consider when making your decision ...

- Fees charged + win rate %. There's no point choosing the FTSO based solely on the fees if their % win rate is well below the others. 

- Participation in the Flare community. You want an FTSO that's engaged with all areas of the Flare community.

- Supporting the ecosystem. Things like running validators / nodes for Flare and other integrated networks, XRP, XLM, LTC, DOGE etc ...

- Informative website. A thorough well designed and maintained website should give you peace of mind you're dealing with a professional and trusted business.

- We're working on a few delegator benefits at the moment but I'd rather not divulge just yet, but they'll be very good reasons that differentiate us from the others.

The process to delegate your vote will be simple and easily / quickly changed if for some reason you're not happy with the service you're getting from an FTSO. It's also possible to split your votes among several providers so that's another safety net that you don't need to have all your eggs in one basket.

I hope that helps!

6 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Forgive my ignorance, but when deciding in a delegate, do you just select the most popular? What makes one provider better than another this early on and how are we to choose?

In my case, since I try to treat others as they treat me….  I owe @FTSO_AU for their kind help,  and I owe Bifrost for creating the wallet so I supported them both.

3 hours ago, B088IN said:

I had Eu and Bifrost but moved Bifrost to au. 
will leave it with those two for now until the 27th and then see where we are once things get going 

Thanks for your support and also you too @BillyOckham

We’re trying our best, and the results are looking favourable. An exciting few days ahead as we progress to the next phase! 

@FTSO_AU I have been watching the rewards and it seems that despite your obvious professionalism, you guys are missing out on the cream.

I have only the vaguest understanding of how it works,  so I was hoping that if you could spare the time, you could explain a bit about what the factors are that make a provider a winner or loser in the race for rewards.

Obviously even though you haven’t been at the top of the list,  the rewards that you are getting are very very good if they continued.  Sadly as more move into the space that is not likely to continue at that rate though.

I do wonder how all this will pan out and I must admit you guys are my sentimental favourite (since you are Aussies like me and you have been so engaged and done such good work with your site).   So I am hoping you will be in the top three or four at some point.

8 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

I have been watching the rewards and it seems that despite your obvious professionalism, you guys are missing out on the cream.

Hey @BillyOckham I don’t have time to go into it now, but i appreciate your words and support.

We deployed a change to our algorithm 6 hrs ago and we’re on the up and up quickly, we’re thrilled.

Its hard to swing the reward rate number this late into the epoch but keep any eye on us … and get on, we’re coming! 

55 minutes ago, FTSO_AU said:

Hey @BillyOckham I don’t have time to go into it now, but i appreciate your words and support.

We deployed a change to our algorithm 6 hrs ago and we’re on the up and up quickly, we’re thrilled.

Its hard to swing the reward rate number this late into the epoch but keep any eye on us … and get on, we’re coming! 

Thanks for that.  I have a suggestion (if I’m correct that the Flare metrics site was your creation?).

I’ve taken a few readings of a couple of providers and charted it and can see (of my small sample) that you are the only one rewarding at a faster than previous rate.  (The slope bends upwards not downwards)

My suggestion is add a column or change the rewards column to be the amount awarded over the last eight hours.  Maybe add a ‘over last month’ also.  Just a rolling difference.

Anyway… here is the chart.

Open FTSO Performance.png

2 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Thanks for that.  I have a suggestion (if I’m correct that the Flare metrics site was your creation?).

I’ve taken a few readings of a couple of providers and charted it and can see (of my small sample) that you are the only one rewarding at a faster than previous rate.  (The slope bends upwards not downwards)

My suggestion is add a column or change the rewards column to be the amount awarded over the last eight hours.  Maybe add a ‘over last month’ also.  Just a rolling difference.

Anyway… here is the chart.

Open FTSO Performance.png

Your charts are so much better than CMCs. Everything always goes up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.