Flare Network tokens Claim Security Concern

How secure is to claim your Flare with ledger nano and following the process of https://flare.wietse.com , also once you claim the tokens to insure yourself can you move your XRP to a different ledger wallet , it's there any risk of loosing XRP on ledger nano by  putting  MessageKey field on the XRP ledger ? im concern about security issues. please advice someone with cybersecurity knowledge  or someone technical. sorry im not to tech savvy 

should i be concern to do this claim or its ok to do it with  https://flare.wietse.com process?

Wietse's process is secure,  as is the XRP toolkit signing method.

All you are doing is adding/signing  a note onto your XRPL account pointing it at the ETH  wallet address you have created to receive the airdrop. I have performed/assisted with this around 20 times for people going back to dec last year. No issues with any accounts. 

55 minutes ago, kyo said:

How secure is to claim your Flare with ledger nano and following the process of https://flare.wietse.com , also once you claim the tokens to insure yourself can you move your XRP to a different ledger wallet , it's there any risk of loosing XRP on ledger nano by  putting  MessageKey field on the XRP ledger ? im concern about security issues. please advice someone with cybersecurity knowledge  or someone technical. sorry im not to tech savvy 

should i be concern to do this claim or its ok to do it with  https://flare.wietse.com process?

If you have concerns, you could even move your xrp to a different address before setting the MessageKey field because your flare airdrop is based on the past balance in your XRP wallet at 12th December 2020.

3 hours ago, Agent_Brocollu said:

Wietse's process is secure,  as is the XRP toolkit signing method.

All you are doing is adding/signing  a note onto your XRPL account pointing it at the ETH  wallet address you have created to receive the airdrop. I have performed/assisted with this around 20 times for people going back to dec last year. No issues with any accounts. 

thanks , question for example lets say i have 2 ledgers with xrp balance before snap shot , the  ETH address can be from totally new wallet address of a new ledger wallet or has to be from the ledger that hold the xrp  also the following info do you know anything about  "see bellow"

If you have concerns, you could even move your xrp to a different address before setting the MessageKey field because your flare airdrop is based on the past balance in your XRP wallet at 12th December 2020.

2 hours ago, richxrp said:

that sounds interesting , so if i have 2 ledgers i have to put MessageKey field on both of the XRP ledger,  what would be the process to do this in one of the ledgers ? should i move the funds from one ledger to other claim and the send funds to other ledger. what do you suggest 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, richxrp said:

Thanks for the input. Just did that. All the hacks worry me.

Edited by DarthTrader

1 hour ago, kyo said:

thanks , question for example lets say i have 2 ledgers with xrp balance before snap shot , the  ETH address can be from totally new wallet address of a new ledger wallet or has to be from the ledger that hold the xrp  also the following info do you know anything about  "see bellow"

The Ethereum address can be any Ethereum wallet that you have the recovery phrase or secret key for. It doesn't have to be a new wallet.

If you're really worried about security (and I don't think you need to be here, but you do you), you should move all your XRP except just enough for a transaction fee to a wallet you won't be using for the claim. Then after you make the claims for your two wallets, don't use them again.

3 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

The Ethereum address can be any Ethereum wallet that you have the recovery phrase or secret key for. It doesn't have to be a new wallet.

If you're really worried about security (and I don't think you need to be here, but you do you), you should move all your XRP except just enough for a transaction fee to a wallet you won't be using for the claim. Then after you make the claims for your two wallets, don't use them again.

thanks man for your help answering , when you say move  the XRP you mean move them before the claim ?

21 minutes ago, kyo said:

thanks man for your help answering , when you say move  the XRP you mean move them before the claim ?

Yes. Move them to a wallet you know is safe before you do the claim. That way there's no way anything bad can happen when you make your claim.

1 minute ago, brianwalden said:

Yes. Move them to a wallet you know is safe before you do the claim. That way there's no way anything bad can happen when you make your claim.

thanks brianwalden for your advice , you are a great person .