do you think the price of xrp will rise in the near future? I just invested a few days ago at a very high price trusting myself that It was going to stay in that range for longer and suddenly its price dropped too much. Should I wait for it to go up or sell right now?, I fear that exchanges start removing Ripple from their lists. Thanks and regards

4 minutes ago, Slugger said:

do you think the price of xrp will rise in the near future? I just invested a few days ago at a very high price trusting myself that It was going to stay in that range for longer and suddenly its price dropped too much. Should I wait for it to go up or sell right now?, I fear that exchanges start removing Ripple from their lists. Thanks and regards

Unfortunately noone has a crystal ball. Or we would all have the answers. I see it rising for sure. I wouldnt sell at a loss if it was me. 

Do not sell at a loss. 

If you sell at a loss, you are not an investor or a trader. You are literally a loser. And I know you don't want to feel that way. 

No one knows the future, obviously, but you specifically asked "Do you think the price will rise in the near future?"

If you define 'near future' as a few days ... No, I do not think the price will recover to where you bought it in just a few days. Sorry :-( 

If you define 'near future' as a couple months ... Yes, I think it will. 

If you define 'near future' as 6-9 months ... Yes, I think it will. 

If you define 'near future' as 9-15 months ... Yes, I think it will. 

Good luck. 

Hello @ Slugger!

I wouldn't sell. You invested at a high price. Remember, right now you only have book losses. Only when you sell are there real losses. When the SEC filed the lawsuit against Rippel, the first ones pronounced XRP dead. Has not occurred! The first exchanges stopped trading with XRP. The price has gone up!
For now, let the lawsuit with the SEC be off the table. After that, you can still consider selling XRP.
In the near future, Flare's network will start. XRP should also get a boost. And if I got that right, you can earn passive income even with XRP.

https://www.xrpchat.com/forum/141-topics/

Don't listen to people here telling you what to do, e.g. "do not sell at a loss". Bro so what's right for you. 

I was in the position in early 2018, I got caught in the beginning of the bear market and got hit by big dumps. I had the "never sell" attitude when XRP was at 77 c and I really needed the money. I was then caught holding the bags until this year. 

IMHO the sec aren't giving up, they had a minor win on the MOU decision recently, we are absolutely in a bear market - NO WAY Bitcoin is recovering from here (ATH is now four ish years away) and XRP will drop further if BTC does. End of the day account your own losses and make up your own mind. Do what's right for you, if you can hold long term do it, if you really can't and you need some money back ask yourself does BTC look like it's gonna recover cause nobody knows for sure. Everything expressed above in my own opinion. But a steadfast rule is do not listen to "experts" who tell you exactly what to do. Make up your own mind. 

Posted (edited)

I can tell you what I do: I buy more. 

image.png.ddb9af8ee63958428bf89e9eac4ac158.png

I'm not your financial adviser but please @Slugger start doing your own extensive research, do it thoroughly and never stop, before you decide to invest into something. And never trust yourself that some price will do this or that. 

Edited by Danny

Posted (edited)

Anybody involved in crypto investing for any length of time will tell you 2 things...

1. Price volatility is your friend.

2. Nothing goes up in a straight line.

XRP is not like any other crypto, always keep that thought in the back of your head.

It's current price fluctuation is inline with the rest of the market and not specific to XRP - I have 15 screens around me with price and data feeds, (don't ask), nothing that is going on right now should scare you into selling. If you want instant profits, DOGE or any other furry animal coin is your best bet, but it will be a BET.

IMO when Flare networks launches (in the next 2 to 3 months) XRP will rocket in price, if Ripple get a summary judgement in the case (on their fair notice defence) then OMG WOOOOOHOOOOO. If you're looking for a price increase in the next 60 day's - flip a coin. In the next 2 years, XRP will not be stopped by the SEC or the USA, the writing is on the wall, the future can not be run on SWIFT, WE ARE ALL GOING DLT AND RIPPLE AND XRP WILL BE AT THE HEART OF THAT DIGITAL SWITCH OVER.

Edited by HAL1000

Hey Slugger,

I have been holding XRP since early 2018 and have bought anywhere from .29 all the way up to just recently $1.69, I tell you this just to provide perspective not as any sort of a brag or boast.  I have seen my total investment tank to about 20% of what I had invested to just recently seeing it worth almost double what I have in it, I have never sold ONE xrp yet. I bought XRP because I believe in the utility it provides and the real world problems and adoption I have seen over the last three years, I truly believe that XRP is one of very few coins out there that solving global problems and the the companies and people embracing it on a global scale prove it! I apologize if I  strayed from addressing your question.

:Do I think that XRP price will rebound over the next few days?  NO,   I say this not because I don't believe in xrp but because I don't believe the crypto market moves for the most part based on fundamentals of individual coins, I think it is still tied way to tightly to the rise and fall of Bitcoin, as long as Bitcoin continues to tank so will XRP and the majority of the crypto space.

Good news....    I do believe that Bitcoin will rally and we will see the market do the same, if you have the ability to hold your investments at a minimum probably 90days to 6 months I think you will be greatly rewarded for it, this is not the first or even the 3rd time I have personally seen a dramatic pull back  and the market over all has been rewarded for perseverance over panic selling. I have a ton of other coins I speculated a lot more on but my heart belongs to XRP, it's my biggest holding and the one I will hold for as long as it takes for this space to finally start to separate the wheat from the chaff, when it does we will really see the moon everyone holding xrp knows it deserves!

Just my own personal opinions here :)  I wish you the best whatever you decide.

It's hard to get good advice online, but especially true when it involves money. Everyone will say things along lines of "not financial advice" or "make your own decision" only to basically give financial advice or say things that invariably attempt too influence your decision.

So here I go, first it's not financial advice, second make your own decision... I personally am prepared for this to drop to zero as I am prepared to see this rebound past two dollars or more, all possible in the next 3 months. Personally, no way I'm selling now after this big of a drop.

Some crazy old guy once said:  "Do what you wanted to do in the first place - then tell everyone you have a 'system'."

Most of the [whatever] advice that I see (even when it's pretending not to be) falls pretty squarely within that rubric.