Jump to content

Xrp Recovery with wallet.txt file


ddt
 Share

Recommended Posts

hi , i'm writing this message because i lost my secret key i had from Rippex, shutted down in 2018. 

I have public Key ( r....) and a backup file "Ripple"  in a txt extension. It contains over 808 characters and it ends with "=". Which platform allows me to recover wallet with these datas ?
thanks in advance for your support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't contain or start with s . It contains 808 characters. It begins: eyJp....and ends with =.

can i import it in e.g. Xumm ? are you sure ixarepe ? can i ask you then, more information about it ?

first i have to create an account in xumm..

let me know, please

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ddt Ur in a tough spot. 

Here is a code converter. I doubt it will be of any use to you based on what you shared. There are numerous other similar converters that you could dabble with online and within word processors. 

I had one account in the same situation. I was not successful. My only hope now is to crack it with a quantum computer in about 8 years ... c'est la vie. 

But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you nonetheless. 

Good luck. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it seems the txt file does not contain the decrypted secret key (starting with an 's') but needs to be decrypted. Sorry can't help you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ddt said:

hi , i'm writing this message because i lost my secret key i had from Rippex, shutted down in 2018. 

I have public Key ( r....) and a backup file "Ripple"  in a txt extension. It contains over 808 characters and it ends with "=". Which platform allows me to recover wallet with these datas ?
thanks in advance for your support

Try to open the wallet with an old Ripple desktop client. It is not guaranteed, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ixarepe said:

Unfortunately it seems the txt file does not contain the decrypted secret key (starting with an 's') but needs to be decrypted. Sorry can't help you. 

i will try to decrypt it, thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Global said:

Try to open the wallet with an old Ripple desktop client. It is not guaranteed, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

unfortunately i have not the old ripple desktop client anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ddt ... actually, @Global may be correct. 

You might have a RippEx Wallet file that was opened with a word processing program like TextEdit. 

As a test, I opened one of my wallet files with TextEdit. I was then presented with a string of hundreds of alpha numeric characters ending with an = 

It's certainly worth a try .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ddt said:

unfortunately i have not the old ripple desktop client anymore.

Send me ur email address, and I'll share it with you via my DropBox. (At 90 Mb, it's too big to email directly)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, RobertHarpool said:

@ddt Ur in a tough spot. 

Here is a code converter. I doubt it will be of any use to you based on what you shared. There are numerous other similar converters that you could dabble with online and within word processors. 

I had one account in the same situation. I was not successful. My only hope now is to crack it with a quantum computer in about 8 years ... c'est la vie. 

But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you nonetheless. 

Good luck. 

 

 

thank you robert for your answer, i try to use that code converter you wrote up here, i will update you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RobertHarpool said:

Send me ur email address, and I'll share it with you via my DropBox. (At 90 Mb, it's too big to email directly)

If only there were some way to integrate like a stamp or something on the email to pay for and prioritize route.

Silly me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RobertHarpool said:

@ddt ... actually, @Global may be correct. 

You might have a RippEx Wallet file that was opened with a word processing program like TextEdit. 

As a test, I opened one of my wallet files with TextEdit. I was then presented with a string of hundreds of alpha numeric characters ending with an = 

It's certainly worth a try .. 

yes it is like you said. Where can i try ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.