What makes XRP-L an ideal network to be used as a derivatives platform/market.

Posted (edited)

Hello XRP community,

What would make XRP-L an ideal network to be used by banks, exchanges, governments, retailers as a derivatives platform/market?

From a personal POV,  why do you think it will be a derivatives platform in the mere future?
Why would banks, exchanges, governments and  retailers favor the network over others?

Edited by NotElon
Added another question.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outside of investment firms who are now looking to diversify their portfolios with crypto, I don't think most banks want exposure to the XRPL directly mainly because the public nature of it's transact

Hello XRP community, What would make XRP-L an ideal network to be used by banks, exchanges, governments, retailers as a derivatives platform/market? From a personal POV,  why do you think it wil

Outside of investment firms who are now looking to diversify their portfolios with crypto, I don't think most banks want exposure to the XRPL directly mainly because the public nature of it's transactions violates their requirements to maintain privacy.

What they do want is private ledgers where they can have the advantages of DLT while still controlling who has access to the network. I think Ripple is ahead of the pack in terms of working with banks to meet their needs, navigate regulations, and do all the social networking that's necessary to play with the big boys.

I've been in crypto since 2014 and back then what I thought was you roll out good technology and people just adopt it. Unfortunately that's not how it works. Our financial system has organically grown to work a certain way and maintain stability by keeping competitors and innovation out. It's actually a lot more about building up business relationships and knowing the right people with the right clout too help you get your foot in the door.