Why XRP is the future

Hello XRP community,

Please explain to me why XRP is the future?
XRP-L's technology is great,  I am confident that whales and tech-nerds agree on me with this but can you specifically tell me on why XRP will be used in the future?

Until fiat currencies are stable and liquid,  I do not see a general use-case for XRP and please do not tell me about On Demand Liquidity,  I am fully aware of that but it wont be used due to fiat being more liquid in exchanges and other markets.  As always,  until fiat lives,  XRP wont be utilized to its fullest potential.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the XRPL is the future, but I think it has a place in the future because it's a ledger optimized for payments. I don't quite get your arguments that it requires stable and liquid fiat. Volatility increases the desire to exchange currencies and illiquidity is what makes someone want to use a faster, cheaper method to send money.

16 hours ago, NotElon said:

XRP-L's technology is great,  I am confident that whales and tech-nerds agree on me with this but can you specifically tell me on why XRP will be used in the future?

If you have a trillion dollar's worth of value stored in the bitcoin network, it can only be used to send bitcoins to other people and it comes with high fees and very high network maintenance costs.

If you have a trillion dollar's worth value stored on the xrpl, then it has the potential to be used as a global liquidity pool by finance. It has very low transaction fees and very low maintenance cost. Ripple have built out a network of banking infrastructure that allows the XRPL to connect to the world of finance that other networks do not currently have. RippleNet is their own proprietary network, and Interledger is an open one. Anyone can interface to interledger and build connections, but the communities built up around bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin etc etc are focused primarily on making themselves money via mining and therefore all introduce high fee structures that mean they ultimately won't be used as much.

Flare buggers this up, by bringing liquidity off other networks and making it accessible, so an FDOGE will be as portable and useful as an FXRP - thus leveling the playing field to some extent, but since the XRP network is itself much more efficient and lower cost to use and maintain than the Doge/Litecoin/other networks, it will attract more use in the long run.

Other networks such as polkadot, cardano etc also compete in the same space but are to some extent targeting a different audience and ultimately, the networks with the best connections and lowest costs will become the most widely used and therefore the most valuable. All the networks can coexist and all will store value, but more will flow into the most useful ones, and eventually, value will flow out of the useless ones into the others.

In my opinion.

It's not THE future but it will certainly be a huge part of the future as its going to play an integral part of near instant value settlement with incredible efficiency. This is something never previously achieved outwith physically handing money from one person to another. 

Speeding up the way money moves increases how much it can move and effectively releases more value. 

Its like we're finally changing the square wheels of finance for round ones. 

Decrease the friction and increase the output. 

• 1 month later...

The XRP Ledger is equivalent to the TCPIP layer of the internet. That is, it is the primary layer where all other protocols can be built upon it, such as http, email, ftp . . .  layered on top of TCPIP to create the internet. XRP is the native asset to the XRP Ledger. While other assets, such a BTC, can use the XRP Ledger with efficiency and dramatically reduce their transaction cost because the Ledger offers interoperability, they cannot do it as efficiently or as cheaply as XRP can by approximately 30% savings. 

• 1 month later...

It won't. Why would serious people with serious money throw down on a centralised network of less than 75 nodes that can be shut down over night by the US government? 

Why would you invest in XRP knowing Ripple and Jed have been dumping the supply on you on exchanges (confirmed by SEC report). 

Why would devs migrate to work on a centralised platform that can be shut down in a few days? To make Ripple richer? 

The only use case is speculation in a bull market. But even that has been limited because of the lawsuit and competition with 10000 other cryptos. The one good thing about xrp is it is scarce but that's meaningless if the government can shut you down. 

10 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

It won't. Why would serious people with serious money throw down on a centralised network of less than 75 nodes that can be shut down over night by the US government? 

Why would you invest in XRP knowing Ripple and Jed have been dumping the supply on you on exchanges (confirmed by SEC report). 

Why would devs migrate to work on a centralised platform that can be shut down in a few days? To make Ripple richer? 

The only use case is speculation in a bull market. But even that has been limited because of the lawsuit and competition with 10000 other cryptos. The one good thing about xrp is it is scarce but that's meaningless if the government can shut you down. 

You're all over the place. Feel bad for the FUDsters that feel the need to come round here every so often to let off some pent up steam. 

14 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

You're all over the place. Feel bad for the FUDsters that feel the need to come round here every so often to let off some pent up steam. 

Instead of trying to mind read you can refute my points, you know?

1 hour ago, Gamblord said:

Instead of trying to mind read you can refute my points, you know?

Your points are all nonsense especially when you start off with dumb shit like the US government can shut down all the XRPL nodes when a big chunk of the validators are not even in the USA! dumbass. If you are a FUDster then you need way better and stronger FUD to troll but if you actually believe the crap you typed then you need medical check up to your head cause you may actually be diagnosed by medical grade mental stupidity.

I have had it up to here with you trolls on this forum why don't you run along away from here and pleasure yourself to whatever coin you bought with your 500 dollar allowance. 

13 minutes ago, solid102 said:

Your points are all nonsense especially when you start off with dumb shit like the US government can shut down all the XRPL nodes when a big chunk of the validators are not even in the USA! dumbass. If you are a FUDster then you need way better and stronger FUD to troll but if you actually believe the crap you typed then you need medical check up to your head cause you may actually be diagnosed by medical grade mental stupidity.

I have had it up to here with you trolls on this forum why don't you run along away from here and pleasure yourself to whatever coin you bought with your 500 dollar allowance. 

Having nodes in allied and vassal countries isnt going to change anything. If you dont have nodes in Russia, China, North Korea and Iran everyother country will comply and shut it down at the risk of having sanctions slapped on them. 

3 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

Having nodes in allied and vassal countries isnt going to change anything. If you dont have nodes in Russia, China, North Korea and Iran everyother country will comply and shut it down at the risk of having sanctions slapped on them. 

Yes cause the United States Government is going to go to around sanctioning friendly and allied countries because an entity in it is running a blockchain validator node. Where did you get your geopolitics degree? Devry?

5 minutes ago, solid102 said:

Yes cause the United States Government is going to go to around sanctioning friendly and allied countries because an entity in it is running a blockchain validator node. Where did you get your geopolitics degree? Devry?

It won't ever come to sanctions. No vassal state would refuse US requests over a Ripple node. Very little pressure is needed for compliance. We all underestimate the US government but the SEC did slap a lawsuit on Ripple. Smarter people learn lessons from it.

Not to mention, Ripple would voluntarily shut down all their nodes and ask all partners to do so. They work WITH institutions, remember? 

Edited by Gamblord

Xrp isnt the future but it is possible to walk away in profit before the end of this bull cycle. The type of retail investors from wsb that invest in coins like DOGE might pile into xrp if they see price go up. I agree xrpl is interesting but xrp is depressing. No smart contracts, no development, no staking. Ripple had to pay devs to copy paste code from ethereum and some other projects to make a 2nd layer for XRP so it can have these things.

Problem is the base layer of XRP is not something people like. The monetary policy is.....Ripple decide how much to dump on you to raise funds to promote xrp. There's no mining, just 75 validators motivated to run nodes because Ripple probably pays them. There's no incentive to run a XRP node.